The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Russ said:

Btw Sheerin is absolutely not getting away with some of the shite he spouted tonight either. Spoke horrendously. Waffled a lot of shite about how he’s confident we’ll score goals because we have some shots in games. Bizarre shite. His line about Dixon being dropped for being out of form was a belter considering he’s playing Brad fucking McKay instead.

Stevie Hetherington is not undroppable but he’s our most important player emoji23.png. Absolutely clueless.

He really is the main problem. I get Holt and Deans need to go but this incompetent has to be first out the door.

I don't care if he's Kevin Bridges level of likeable - if he thinks Hetherington is a player he knows nothing at all. 

Insulting to suggest Krasniqi isn't up to the level the absolute shit we have in midfield are.

First Jaime Wilson was signed because they thought he'd be our starting striker this season.  Holt saying his 4 goals was more than either dowds or Keena last season was laughable.  Then asked why he had only lasted 6 weeks Holt said he had been loaned out to Elgin to get games and come back better as this was his first full time gig. His comment that were you brilliant at your first job cracked me up.  Would be funny if it wasn't so bloody heart breaking.

Just now, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

He really is the main problem. I get Holt and Deans need to go but this incompetent has to be first out the door.

I don't care if he's Kevin Bridges level of likeable - if he thinks Hetherington is a player he knows nothing at all. 

Insulting to suggest Krasniqi isn't up to the level the absolute shit we have in midfield are.

Need the two Gary’s out first

If Krasniqi is miles from the first team, why was he signed?  From the limited time he has been given he certainly looks better than Hetherington.  Part of our failing on the pitch is the lack of a captain who can organise the team.  Even the commentator on Alloa TV said he could not believe that Hetherington was captain having watched him for several seasons.  

1 minute ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

If Krasniqi is miles from the first team, why was he signed?  From the limited time he has been given he certainly looks better than Hetherington.  Part of our failing on the pitch is the lack of a captain who can organise the team.  Even the commentator on Alloa TV said he could not believe that Hetherington was captain having watched him for several seasons.  

Came out with some pish about him being cheap and they wanted to foster links with Huddersfield. Why  would they want to send us any more players when we won't play this one though FFS.

3 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

The comments about Krasniqi were very bizarre.

Sheerin basically said he was only signed as he’s costing us very little if anything and it’s an opportunity to ‘build a relationship’ with Huddersfield (I’m not too sure how it can be a positive one if he’s not getting a game).

Hope the player doesn't hear what was said about him. If I was Krasniqi I'd ask to go back to Huddersfield tomorrow. 

stop all the b*llshit whining, it's time to go old school. Don't go to home games, don't buy merchandise at christmas, don't buy the hospitality. Go to the away games on mass and demonstrate against the BOD.

If you put one more pound in this shower of sh*ts pockets then you're all as culpable as the BOD, Holt and sheeran.

Act up or shut up

Guest Caractacus Potts
22 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

First Jaime Wilson was signed because they thought he'd be our starting striker this season.  Holt saying his 4 goals was more than either dowds or Keena last season was laughable.  Then asked why he had only lasted 6 weeks Holt said he had been loaned out to Elgin to get games and come back better as this was his first full time gig. His comment that were you brilliant at your first job cracked me up.  Would be funny if it wasn't so bloody heart breaking.

Quite ironic considering Holt is making a ballsup of his first job as SD! 

As others have said, Colburn somehow managed to put blame on the fans and Deans also said that the level of abuse they're getting is unacceptable. Now, If he's talking about booing at the stadium then he's surely heard a hell of a lot worse since he's been a fan since he was wee? I admit though that I'm away sharpish at the end of games as I need to be elsewhere, so maybe someone else can tell us if there's anything else that's gone on after? If, however, he's talking about personal abuse or threats, then that's unacceptable to me. There's no place for it and it doesn't help. 

They said that they plan to win promotion this season but have plans in place to reconsider if this doesn't look likely come January. Whether that means that they're going to throw more money at it at that point was unclear though.

Phil Rawlins didn't seem overly concerned about the possibility of yet another season in L1 as he says that it takes time to get it all right, citing his experiences at Stoke and Orlando as examples. A few folk said that we shouldn't be spending so much on staff and not the team but he again said that the way they did it at S & O was putting the infrastructure in first. 'They will get it right, but it will take time'.

GD said that they are definitely looking for more investment, in fact it's crucial and they will speak to the NB if they want to get back to the table. He also said that the last round of talks fell down because the NB pulled a meeting that they had scheduled the day before it was due to take place and there's been no interaction since. As I've said multiple times, surely we can do something to get this off the ground again??

The biggest blow for me though was that I think Paul Sheerin told us tonight that we're not going to win the league! He intends to stand by his playing style and tactics and that the players he has are good enough to play to this system. He said it might take a wee while but it'll come good in time. Unfortunately it's time we don't have Paul. It's a bit baffling too because we weren't playing this keeper to the centre back stuff at the start of the season and we were more successful then!

I don't expect that any of us thought we were going to hear anything remarkable tonight but it was really quite uninspiring stuff in the main.

Guest Back Post Misses

I believe the line about the NB pulling was trotted out again?

The FACTS are as follows: 

The NB Group wanted to meet the Rawlins on their own as we believed a straight discussion between potential investors was the right thing to do. Rawlins refused to meet the NB Group without Colborn being present. At the point the group were fed up being pissed about after weeks of getting nowhere so pulled. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

The Holt line about Jaime Wilson is laughable. He's 23 not an 18 year old kid having his first go at first team football. The fact they admitted he was signed as the starting striker as well makes it even more laughable. Did anyone ask who actually went to watch Brad Mckay attempt to play football?

Guest Back Post Misses
5 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

As others have said, Colburn somehow managed to put blame on the fans and Deans also said that the level of abuse they're getting is unacceptable. Now, If he's talking about booing at the stadium then he's surely heard a hell of a lot worse since he's been a fan since he was wee? I admit though that I'm away sharpish at the end of games as I need to be elsewhere, so maybe someone else can tell us if there's anything else that's gone on after? If, however, he's talking about personal abuse or threats, then that's unacceptable to me. There's no place for it and it doesn't help. 

They said that they plan to win promotion this season but have plans in place to reconsider if this doesn't look likely come January. Whether that means that they're going to throw more money at it at that point was unclear though.

Phil Rawlins didn't seem overly concerned about the possibility of yet another season in L1 as he says that it takes time to get it all right, citing his experiences at Stoke and Orlando as examples. A few folk said that we shouldn't be spending so much on staff and not the team but he again said that the way they did it at S & O was putting the infrastructure in first. 'They will get it right, but it will take time'.

GD said that they are definitely looking for more investment, in fact it's crucial and they will speak to the NB if they want to get back to the table. He also said that the last round of talks fell down because the NB pulled a meeting that they had scheduled the day before it was due to take place and there's been no interaction since. As I've said multiple times, surely we can do something to get this off the ground again??

The biggest blow for me though was that I think Paul Sheerin told us tonight that we're not going to win the league! He intends to stand by his playing style and tactics and that the players he has are good enough to play to this system. He said it might take a wee while but it'll come good in time. Unfortunately it's time we don't have Paul. It's a bit baffling too because we weren't playing this keeper to the centre back stuff at the start of the season and we were more successful then!

I don't expect that any of us thought we were going to hear anything remarkable tonight but it was really quite uninspiring stuff in the main.

It is not the NB Groups place to chase them. If they want investment they need to go out and find it. Whether that is the NB Group or other parties. 

5 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Worrying how uninspiring sheerin was. I've no doubt he's a decent bloke putting in loads of work but I wouldn't have been overly surprised if he had burst out crying at some point.