The Falkirk FC Thread

Pretty well as said already.

Colborn is a complete idiot. Got the evening off on a wrong footing.

Good question from Ken Hutton but not much of a reply.

The big thing for me was how poor Sheerin came across. Not expecting great speaking skills but definitely NOT the person to organise or motivate a squad of players. Can’t see him lasting very long.

No great new initiatives to placate the fans. 
Basically, have patience.

They stated categorically that they are willing to meet with the NB group and blamed them for previous overtures breaking down.

:lol:An absolute roaster.

Absolute w**k. But somehow Deans managed to come across more arrogant than him which is some going.

When asked about his summer recruitment he said he won’t get them all right, then someone shouted out about how he got none right. His response was to ask if we thought Nesbitt was better than Leitch and if we thought Williamson was better than Mercer. Then said he thought Leon McCann was a good signing who doesn’t lose many headers [emoji23] and that was the extent of the positives he was able to try and talk about.

53 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's actually difficult no to like Paul sheerin.  He looks at you like the wee puppy whose just done something wrong.

I actually came out the meeting and said to my pal I felt quite sorry for Sheerin as he does seem a really decent guy. Whether he is manager material is a different matter.

3 minutes ago, Russ said:

Absolute w**k. But somehow Deans managed to come across more arrogant than him which is some going.

When asked about his summer recruitment he said he won’t get them all right, then someone shouted out about how he got none right. His response was to ask if we thought Nesbitt was better than Leitch and if we thought Williamson was better than Mercer. Then said he thought Leon McCann was a good signing who doesn’t lose many headers emoji23.png and that was the extent of the positives he was able to try and talk about.

He does know that Williamson has been injured for most of the season???

2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Pretty well as said already.

Colborn is a complete idiot. Got the evening off on a wrong footing.

Good question from Ken Hutton but not much of a reply.

The big thing for me was how poor Sheerin came across. Not expecting great speaking skills but definitely NOT the person to organise or motivate a squad of players. Can’t see him lasting very long.

No great new initiatives to placate the fans. 
Basically, have patience.

They stated categorically that they are willing to meet with the NB group and blamed them for previous overtures breaking down.

I really couldn’t believe what Colborn was coming out with. 

Going out of your way to blame a group who are rightfully unhappy as it is is surely right at the top of PR tactics not to use.

First rule of running a business....you don’t berate your customers for everything that is wrong. Certainly mental way to start a meeting. 

I’ve never been a fan of this Board but tonight reinforced my views. We are going nowhere with this lot in charge. Sheerin likeable but no way enthuses any confidence in that he knows what he is doing. Scratched his head most of the night. 

4 minutes ago, Russ said:

When asked about his summer recruitment he said he won’t get them all right, then someone shouted out about how he got none right. His response was to ask if we thought Nesbitt was better than Leitch and if we thought Williamson was better than Mercer. Then said he thought Leon McCann was a good signing who doesn’t lose many headers emoji23.png and that was the extent of the positives he was able to try and talk about.

Leitch has scored three goals to Nesbitts one. Sure he's not as creative but they are above us in the league.

Williamson could be the best right back in the world but he's never fit. 

When asked about his summer recruitment he said he won’t get them all right, then someone shouted out about how he got none right. His response was to ask if we thought Nesbitt was better than Leitch and if we thought Williamson was better than Mercer. Then said he thought Leon McCann was a good signing who doesn’t lose many headers [emoji23] and that was the extent of the positives he was able to try and talk about.
Williamsons fitness leads directly to Gary Miller at RB every week, so if we are asking who would be better, the answer is clearly Scott Mercer. Or, Mikey Doyle. In both cases, we would have had a significantly better Right Back playing all season. So im not sure pointing at Williamson is the win he thinks it is.

McCann is murder, and Nesbitt looks the man most likely most weeks..... But he doesnt. Its all very well looking like the man most likely but after a few weeks of that, we look to see it stepped up a bit. Thats a bit harsh on Nesbitt himself, he can only do so much, but the point is, Holt has absolutely Hee Haw to craw about in terms of recruitment. Nothing.

And thats before we take into account Wilson, Ompreon, McKay, resigning Hall, all of whom are pretty shite and the likes of Ross who is questionably good enough for the squad and Ruth who seemed to arrive as the great hope and is so far, very average.

22 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

For the first time I’ve left one of these sessions and not believed a single word they said. 

For Colburn to stand up right away and say what he did who on Earth thought that would be a good idea in current circumstances? 

Holt made offers to 14 strikers who would have been our highest earner including Robinson who went to Killie for double the money and McManus who we even agreed to pay the fee for. All rejected us for more money. 

Phil Rawlins asked for time and quoted that Stoke was in an awful place when he went in their and with time it was fixed. Similarly with Orlando. 

Sheerin alarming saying Hetherington is one of our most important players 🤣. He sounded and looked like a deer in the headlights.

The full thing is posted tomorrow evening. 

Then pay more money. It's not difficult. Use the wage you gifted your son to add to the pot clownshoes.

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

Think he’s the finance guy. Grey hair. 

He is the assistant accountant - to GD . At least when we finalize our desperate accounts we can be sure that they will be absolutely correct confirming we’re on the road to financial Armageddon as well as the playing version . We should have successful entrepreneurs/ businessmen making up the board and employ an accountant. 

Well you couldn't have started out a meeting to try and placate the fans any worse really than painting them as one of the reasons we're in this mess. Can only presume that colbourne was given that job as he's relatively unknown and was one of the patrons who tried to buy the club but his opening speech just continued in the same vein as many others has. It's as much your fault as ours basically.  Deans was basically asked why he hadn't resigned and his reply was simply it wouldn't make any difference.  Recruitment took a battering all night with exe hibee MacFarlane using examples of what new signings were better than their replacements.  Williamson being better than mercer being one which was laughed at due to his injury record and nesbitt being the other one.  He stopped then and said there were numerous others but funnily enough didn't expand on it at all. Holt boasted about a younger squad on long term contracts . An online question asked about nepotism but it was quickly brushed under the carpet. 

Phil Rawlins said things take time and we need to have patience I mean we've only been shit for 5 years and stated we had the biggest budget in the league comfortably which emphasises the shit job the management are doing.   Sheerin comes over as a thoroughly likeable guy but when asked why we were playing so poorly now compared to the start of the season he admitted he hadn't a clue. He also stated that he wished he was better when asked why we're 5th in division 3 with the biggest budget.. He still thinks he has the ability and players to turn things around but his comment that hetherington was probably our most important player took the biscuit.  The navy blue guys asked why colbourne had stated that he had no idea what the sum of investment was when they had sent him and the other members letters in which it was stated. He hummed and hawed and basically stated he had known but didn't seem bothered that he had told everyone he didn't back then. 

The board were given it as tight as they probably could be without it going over the top. They are basically going to ride it out as they want stability and to not continue sacking managers and signing new teams. That's fine if we could see some improvement but that is simply not the case . I can't think any fans will have come out of that feeling any more convinced than before they went in and I doubt anyone was persuaded that the board were going in the right direction. A lot of very frustrated fans.

Btw Sheerin is absolutely not getting away with some of the shite he spouted tonight either. Spoke horrendously. Waffled a lot of shite about how he’s confident we’ll score goals because we have some shots in games. Bizarre shite. His line about Dixon being dropped for being out of form was a belter considering he’s playing Brad fucking McKay instead.

Stevie Hetherington is not undroppable but he’s our most important player [emoji23]. Absolutely clueless.

28 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I really couldn’t believe what Colborn was coming out with. 

Going out of your way to blame a group who are rightfully unhappy as it is is surely right at the top of PR tactics not to use.

The worrying thing about his comments is they were obviously pre planned/rehearsed and must be the view of the collective BOD as it was the opening talk of the night. You’d think at least one person in that board would have had the nous to realise how crazy an idea it was to come out with that, they all obviously share his sentiment which is terrifying. It shows how far removed they are from the average fan/customer, these guys are obviously in a bubble and just don’t grasp the seriousness of the situation the clubs in and with attitudes alike to the one Colborn displayed tonight won’t be able to rectify or repair the damage the club has inflicted upon the fan base over the last years. We’ve lost nearly a thousand season ticket holders since relegation, those fans are going to be lost for good if things don’t change quickly and we then become a Clyde or an Airdrie, alienating fans further by trying to pass responsibility for the current mess on to them is an absolutely mental way to go about uniting the club! Nothing is going to work if the fans aren’t on board, you can’t run a football club in spite of the fans, it needs to be ran because of and for the fans for it to work sustainably and healthily. I’ve came away with a far more depressing outlook than I went in with tonight, they all seem defensive and convinced they are doing a good job so don’t expect any changes. I now fear we will spiral further, the general attitude displayed by the BOD tonight is terrifying, they are sleepwalking us into oblivion. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.