The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, MSG GTF! said:

So you need to see what the Board are putting in print in response to emails from fans to realise they are not fit for purpose? Is that right or am I missing something? I’m astounded people like you aren’t already voicing your concerns without the need for Colin McFarlane to waffle a lot of sh!te in an email. 

Aye, it's called evidence.

The more folk have got the more we can complain. If it's shite we can tell them so.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Surely tonight will tell them everything they need to know about the fans feelings.

You would have thought so but if they're as pig headed as folk are making out then they're not going to walk without evidence of some sort. I just think the more we have that show they're not performing the more we can demand change.

I suppose the down side is that maybe they're not as bad as we think?

It's important too that tonight doesn't turn in to a rabble, folk need to keep the heid. Shouting abuse or whatever won't help anything.

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

You would have thought so but if they're as pig headed as folk are making out then they're not going to walk without evidence of some sort. I just think the more we have that show they're not performing the more we can demand change.

I suppose the down side is that maybe they're not as bad as we think?

It's important too that tonight doesn't turn in to a rabble, folk need to keep the heid. Shouting abuse or whatever won't help anything.

No your right we must show anger but it must be done in a controlled and sensible way.  5 wins in 20 league one games to me is all the evidence anyone should need to say that Holt and the board are doing horrendously badly. That's the be all and end all at the end of the day.

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

This is true but if someone does want to take one for the team and tell Holt to f**k off in as gentle a way possible, we can make an exception.

What is the point of emailing the bloody club? It ain't going to change anything for feck sake that is plainly obvious. You can go right back to Craig Campbell's doors always open for a coffee rubbish the same year we got relegated.Things have got to a point where far more urgent action is required. If you want his email address I'm sure you can ask him tonight and he'll be happy to hand it over but don't rely on getting any answers. If you want a chat I'll be there tonight and can discuss the whole thing face to face if you want.

Nah, just you send me his email mate, it'll save any hassle.

Did you take Craig Campbell up on his offer btw?

Doing our best, look at all the fantastic things we're doing off the park.

SIMPLY PUT TO THEM TONIGHT…THIS SEASON, NOTHING MEANS MORE TO OUR CLUB THAN THE FIRST TEAM SQUAD AND SPENDING APPROPRIATELY TO ENSURE WE GET OUT LEAGUE ONE. NOTHING ELSE WILL DO AT ANY COST!!!

7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Nah, just you send me his email mate, it'll save any hassle.

Did you take Craig Campbell up on his offer btw?

No I did email him too though and got some spurious crap back  about closing the academy being the only affordable option and that putting resources into the first team was the only way we were going to get promoted.. In the end we got relegated and the closing of the academy was one of the worst decisions ever made by the club so sitting having a Jaffa cake with him would've done absolutely nothing.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

No I did email him too though and got some spurious crap back . In the end we got relegated and the closing of the academy was one of the worst decisions ever made by the club so sitting having a Jaffa cake with him would've done absolutely nothing.

Look, like it or not there's got to be some sort of rhetoric with the BOD. There's got to be a conversation that asks what they're trying to do and what we, as a fan base, want to see happen.

We want more fan involvement, that much is evident, the NB bid would have been perfect but it wasn't acceptable to the BOD and, as far as I can make out, the amendments they wanted to make weren't acceptable to the NB. 

We've got to find some common ground or we're going nowhere so we need to get talks up and running ASAP. Moaning and shouting on Social Media isn't going to achieve anything so maybe you should be asking GD for a Jaffa Cake, may make more difference than you think!

The point of emailing is to keep up the pressure and to make it clear folk aren't happy.  Witholding ticket money is futile if there isn't a concerted effort to build it into an actual group or movement and get momentum behind it as lots of folk will always renew.  That takes leadership and organisation though which most folk won't have.  

In any business, receiving lots of regular complaints from hundreds of different people is never easy to ignore.  If all they get is 2 or 3 emails from those who can be bothered that's never going to be enough to drive change sadly.  

I'd actually argue that whenever fan voices have been loudest change has happened.  SA and MR standing aside from day to day decision making I think was an attempt to do that, so was the departure of ML and CC.  Change hasn't always led to success which is a different argument.  

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Feck me two queen's park fans in one thread.

The full support are in now 😁😁

First thing you do in any game at this level is stop the opposition playing .  To play football you need to have the ball if you don't win the battle first and stop them playing then you won't have the ball enough to play the sort of football you want to play.  Airdrie won the battle and that allowed them to play some pretty decent football. We couldn't play as we were constantly shut down and out fought.  

Airdrie didn't have to battle our midfield three tho, one was invisible, one decided to sit wide and one was doing two roles in sitting and attacking.

The reason why Sheerin is failing is that he cant instruct the team their individual roles within it, no formation will paper that part over.

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

The point of emailing is to keep up the pressure and to make it clear folk aren't happy.  Witholding ticket money is futile if there isn't a concerted effort to build it into an actual group or movement and get momentum behind it as lots of folk will always renew.  That takes leadership and organisation though which most folk won't have.  

In any business, receiving lots of regular complaints from hundreds of different people is never easy to ignore.  If all they get is 2 or 3 emails from those who can be bothered that's never going to be enough to drive change sadly.  

I'd actually argue that whenever fan voices have been loudest change has happened.  SA and MR standing aside from day to day decision making I think was an attempt to do that, so was the departure of ML and CC.  Change hasn't always led to success which is a different argument.  

Well, this is very true sadly. I think most fans were happy at the 'new' board and the Rawlins' involvement, especially after dodging a bullet with Mark Campbell.

I'd love to see more fan involvement but that's got to be done in the right way too, no point in having a SA or MR taking the reins if this is giving sole control. 

It's obvious that loads of folk on here would like to have the NB on board (me included) but, WTF would we do if they got control and we went further back? Doesn't bear thinking about!

52 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Look, like it or not there's got to be some sort of rhetoric with the BOD. There's got to be a conversation that asks what they're trying to do and what we, as a fan base, want to see happen.

We want more fan involvement, that much is evident, the NB bid would have been perfect but it wasn't acceptable to the BOD and, as far as I can make out, the amendments they wanted to make weren't acceptable to the NB. 

We've got to find some common ground or we're going nowhere so we need to get talks up and running ASAP. Moaning and shouting on Social Media isn't going to achieve anything so maybe you should be asking GD for a Jaffa Cake, may make more difference than you think!

That's why I'm heading along tonight to get my feelings heard. Far better than any email.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I think we all have to find common ground, as long as a large section of our support and the board are at odds we won't move forward. Even if the NB could find a way to work with the board then some of the current board would probably remain in place. The board need to try and get the fans onboard which for me has to be a winning team on the park. All the other stuff the board will put up as progress matters not a bit if we are getting scudded on a Saturday afternoon, addressing this issue has to be the main focus.

Edited by Harry Kinnear