The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, qpfc said:

And we know fine well what they’re capable of now. Thank you for the Falkirk cast offs which include 2 players in our backline who boast the current best defensive record in the league, whilst Falkirk continue to embarrass themselves. Glorious viewing 

Robson we had in the championship mind you so possibly will do at this level. Doyle hundred percenter but very limited footballer especially in an attacking sense and made some really poor decisions defensively which cost us. There's certainly worse players in the league than them. Gary miller for example.

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Robson we had in the championship mind you so possibly will do at this level. Doyle hundred percenter but very limited footballer especially in an attacking sense and made some really poor decisions defensively which cost us. There's certainly worse players in the league than them. Gary miller for example.

Obviously they might be exposed more if we went up to the championship but based on his time at QP, Doyle has been nothing more than exceptional. He’s a leader on and off the park, defensively he’s been a rock and has offered loads going forward. Maybe it just didn’t work out at Falkirk but on the whole he’s had a very solid career above league 1 .

Robson is decent for this level but there are question marks over his defensive capabilities as he can struggle when up against strong wingers. He’s very good driving with the ball going forward and getting into threatening areas

Edited by qpfc

2 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Obviously they might be exposed more if we went up to the championship but based on his time at QP, Doyle has been nothing more than exceptional. He’s a leader on and off the park, defensively he’s been a rock and has offered loads going forward. Maybe it just didn’t work out at Falkirk but on the whole he’s had a very successful career.

Robson is decent for this level but there are question marks over his defensive capabilities as he can struggle when up against strong wingers. He’s very good driving with the ball going forward and getting into threatening areas

He did that with us - then fell over, turned back or booted the ball out the park. 

2 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Obviously they might be exposed more if we went up to the championship but based on his time at QP, Doyle has been nothing more than exceptional. He’s a leader on and off the park, defensively he’s been a rock and has offered loads going forward. Maybe it just didn’t work out at Falkirk but on the whole he’s had a very solid career above league 1 .

That was always Robson's problems and he was found out at a higher level. Doyle again you can't fault his effort but he's not much of a footballer. His crossing still gives me the fear. 

34 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

Why would I waste my time emailing Colin McFarlane? If over £500k of investment wouldn’t shift these self-important p***ks, what is an email from me going to achieve? If the Board had an ounce of self respect, they’d have been gone a long time ago. To the Clubs detriment, their arrogance knows no bounds.

Because if you're not going to games to protest and not emailing the board or going to the Q&A how exactly are they going to know you're unhappy?  

@Harry Kinnear touched on it with his post - clearly the director he met was judging the number of emails they receive as an indicator of how unhappy the fans are.  The protest so far at games has extended to a bit of booing and 1 x banner so they'll hardly be feeling hounded out will they?  

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I never said it was just fight and guts but to win games in this league you need to roll your sleeves and battle to allow yourselves to be able to play decent football.  We never got close to doing that .At the shyberry at least we got stuck in  and got a result that day with Airdrie then creating very little against us despite having an extra man.  Players were fighting for each other back then but that has now gone.  There was very little between the two teams in the previous fixture but on Saturday it showed how far we have regressed from then as Airdrie were far better in all areas. 

Which is different from saying that they set out to stop us playing.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Probably for exactly the reason you say. You got a reply back but nothing has changed  since you emailed them has it? . In fact I bet we've got worse.They are never wrong these guys. It's always someone else's fault that we're slowly sliding into oblivion.

What, you're saying that things should be changed because one guy emailed and didn't agree with the reply? What did they say when you emailed them?

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

What, you're saying that things should be changed because one guy emailed and didn't agree with the reply? What did they say when you emailed them?

No I'm saying what's the point in emailing. They will just send you back the same old rubbish. If they think fans are happy after the last few weeks simply because they haven't received emails then we're in an even bigger mess than I thought possible.

4 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Because if you're not going to games to protest and not emailing the board or going to the Q&A how exactly are they going to know you're unhappy?  

@Harry Kinnear touched on it with his post - clearly the director he met was judging the number of emails they receive as an indicator of how unhappy the fans are.  The protest so far at games has extended to a bit of booing and 1 x banner so they'll hardly be feeling hounded out will they?  

If more people stopped going to home games they’d very quickly realise the fans were unhappy. Nothing will be a bigger indicator of how p!ssed off we all are than ST numbers falling off a cliff.

Around 500 or so protested in May 2019 outside the Main Stand. Nothing changed. They don’t care. Hit them where it really hurts. 

5 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Which is different from saying that they set out to stop us playing.

First thing you do in any game at this level is stop the opposition playing .  To play football you need to have the ball if you don't win the battle first and stop them playing then you won't have the ball enough to play the sort of football you want to play.  Airdrie won the battle and that allowed them to play some pretty decent football. We couldn't play as we were constantly shut down and out fought.  

2 hours ago, MSG GTF! said:

Why would I waste my time emailing Colin McFarlane? If over £500k of investment wouldn’t shift these self-important p***ks, what is an email from me going to achieve? If the Board had an ounce of self respect, they’d have been gone a long time ago. To the Clubs detriment, their arrogance knows no bounds.

Because you could publicly show the content which would give everyone an idea of their self-importance and possibly encourage other folk to use the same option. If what they're putting in print is obviously not what fans want to hear and we can see that they're not fit for purpose then I'm sure many fans would voice their concerns. Me included.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No I'm saying what's the point in emailing. They will just send you back the same old rubbish. If they think fans are happy after the last few weeks simply because they haven't received emails then we're in an even bigger mess than I thought possible.

What old rubbish?

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

First thing you do in any game at this level is stop the opposition playing .  To play football you need to have the ball if you don't win the battle first and stop them playing then you won't have the ball enough to play the sort of football you want to play.  Airdrie won the battle and that allowed them to play some pretty decent football. We couldn't play as we were constantly shut down and out fought.  

You could just have said, 'sorry I was wrong' to the guy rather than trying to justify yourself!

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

What old rubbish?

You've already heard two folk say they emailed them and one got an email back and another a meeting. In neither case did either of the fans get satisfactory results. In the grand scheme of things what difference has it made?