The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

The post he was replying to was daft to be fair. It clearly assumed that we've only won 5 out of 10 games while playing at our best, when in fact we've been relatively poor for a while now and have still managed to remain undefeated (while maintaining the best defensive record in the league, and one of the better goalscoring ones too).

I don't think we're necessarily a better side than Falkirk - I'd be very surprised if you don't turn it around at some point actually, and I'd expect the title race to go right down to the wire, but the only "high horsery" on display here is the suggestion that you should be somehow scooshing this division with that squad.

In my opinion you’re a better side than we will be at any point this season. Our recruitment has been the worst since we’ve been down here and many of us said so before the season started. 

The Queens park boy stated because our team is currently below them us fans can’t judge said team. That is utter utter bollocks, whatever way you paint it. 

6 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

In my opinion you’re a better side than we will be at any point this season. Our recruitment has been the worst since we’ve been down here and many of us said so before the season started. 

The Queens park boy stated because our team is currently below them us fans can’t judge said team. That is utter utter bollocks, whatever way you paint it. 

Queen's have a striker who can score goals regularly and that can paper over a lot of cracks in your side in this league. You only have to look at the difference Declan McManus made to our side . We were in the mix with Raith for the title with him whilst almost the same squad was struggling to get in the top half of the table without him. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

20 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I had a meeting with a director last week after complaining by email about the state of the club. It lasted over two hours and I'm not going to go into the in's and out's of what was said but I was grateful for his time. The one thing he did tell me that I am prepared to say on this forum is since they have created the email address for fans to contact them to vent their frustration at the way the club is being run very few have contacted them. As far as he was aware only 2 posters on P&B have taken up the option. I would encourage those of you who like me are pissed off with our current plight to take up the option. No point moaning and doing heehaw about it.

Didn’t know that email link existed.

Could you post the address please.

23 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We have tended to have some of our better performances over the last few seasons against sides from the championship and above mind you.  The more open games seem to suit us and perhaps that is the crux of the problem. Not enough players wanting to roll their sleeves up against clubs that are well organised and set up to stop us playing.  Saturday was the prime example. Far more fight legs and guts in the Airdrie team which allowed them to win the middle of the park and then play some decent stuff.  When the going got tough hetherington and telfer weren't at the races I'm afraid.

The delusions really do run deep, eh? Not just Sheerin and the goalkeeper, even you Falkirk fans are unable to see reality. 

Saturday was far from a prime example of a team coming to Falkirk to stop them playing. 

It was a prime example of a well coached team of players who know what they are doing, know their roles in the team and can play tidy football, capable of the odd bit of basic defending in the very rare moments it was required, visiting an absolute rabble who are capable of none of that, and turning them over.

It was a comprehensive victory by a superior side who used the ball far, far better than their limp hosts. Airdrie played better football, created more chances and eased to victory with plenty possession of their own. It wasn't just 'fight and guts'. It wasn't setting out to stop Falkirk playing. Airdrie imposed themselves on their hosts and hounded them. 

It should have been more than 3 and our centre halves had the cigars out for most of the 90. 

board@falkirkfc.co.uk

I used it earlier in the season and got a reply from Colin McFarlane.  A reply I didn't agree with but a reply none the less.  Amazed if true that regular posters on here haven't been using it to make their feelings known.   Maybe they think they're in for an easy ride tonight (and maybe they are if folk aren't planning to go along to that either).  

28 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

The post he was replying to was daft to be fair. It clearly assumed that we've only won 5 out of 10 games while playing at our best, when in fact we've been relatively poor for a while now and have still managed to remain undefeated (while maintaining the best defensive record in the league, and one of the better goalscoring ones too).

I don't think we're necessarily a better side than Falkirk - I'd be very surprised if you don't turn it around at some point actually, and I'd expect the title race to go right down to the wire, but the only "high horsery" on display here is the suggestion that you should be somehow scooshing this division with that squad.

Wrong.  The post didn't assume you'd only won 5/10 while 'playing your best' it said you were nothing special which you've just confirmed by saying you've been relatively poor for a while now.  Half your team are our cast offs too so we know very well what they're capable of.  

15 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

The delusions really do run deep, eh? Not just Sheerin and the goalkeeper, even you Falkirk fans are unable to see reality. 

Saturday was far from a prime example of a team coming to Falkirk to stop them playing. 

It was a prime example of a well coached team of players who know what they are doing, know their roles in the team and can play tidy football, capable of the odd bit of basic defending in the very rare moments it was required, visiting an absolute rabble who are capable of none of that, and turning them over.

It was a comprehensive victory by a superior side who used the ball far, far better than their limp hosts. Airdrie played better football, created more chances and eased to victory with plenty possession of their own. It wasn't just 'fight and guts'. It wasn't setting out to stop Falkirk playing. Airdrie imposed themselves on their hosts and hounded them. 

It should have been more than 3 and our centre halves had the cigars out for most of the 90. 

I never said it was just fight and guts but to win games in this league you need to roll your sleeves and battle to allow yourselves to be able to play decent football.  We never got close to doing that .At the shyberry at least we got stuck in  and got a result that day with Airdrie then creating very little against us despite having an extra man.  Players were fighting for each other back then but that has now gone.  There was very little between the two teams in the previous fixture but on Saturday it showed how far we have regressed from then as Airdrie were far better in all areas. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

10 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

board@falkirkfc.co.uk

I used it earlier in the season and got a reply from Colin McFarlane.  A reply I didn't agree with but a reply none the less.  Amazed if true that regular posters on here haven't been using it to make their feelings known.   Maybe they think they're in for an easy ride tonight (and maybe they are if folk aren't planning to go along to that either).  

Probably for exactly the reason you say. You got a reply back but nothing has changed  since you emailed them has it? . In fact I bet we've got worse.They are never wrong these guys. It's always someone else's fault that we're slowly sliding into oblivion.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

12 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Wrong.  The post didn't assume you'd only won 5/10 while 'playing your best' it said you were nothing special which you've just confirmed by saying you've been relatively poor for a while now.  Half your team are our cast offs too so we know very well what they're capable of.  

image.gif

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I never said it was just fight and guts but to win games in this league you need to roll your sleeves and battle to allow yourselves to be able to play decent football.  We never got close to doing that .At the shyberry at least we rolled out sleeves up and got a result that day with Airdrie then creating very little against us despite having an extra man.  Players were fighting for each other back then but that has now gone.  There was very little between the two teams in the previous fixture but on Saturday it showed how far we have regressed from then as Airdrie were far better in all areas. 

You did say that Airdrie set up to stop Falkirk playing, though. That it was a 'prime example'. In reality, though, this is simply false. Falkirk had a paltry 6% more of the ball, which for a home team, I mean that's more or less an even spread of the ball. 

We remember the reverse fixture quite differently, too.

That Falkirk have regressed is very true, though. They looked a dangerous team that day. They looked toothless on Saturday. They looked clueless on Saturday. 

If it was a prime example of anything, it was a prime example of a better team skudding a poorer team. A prime example of a competently coached team riding an incompetently coached team. A prime example not of an away team setting out to stop the daunting footballing side that is Falkirk playing, but simply of the better team winning. 

43 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

There's a malaise about the whole club from top to bottom. Noone really thinks emailing the club will make any difference. When you can have a season like last season and yet the chairman still thinks he's the man to do the job and nothing changes then why bother.If you already know the answers what's the point in others asking anyway. You'd be as well telling us. Why the secrecy? Tonight will be far better than emails anyway hopefully.

It's no a secret, I just can't be arsed typing 2hrs worth of the content of a meeting on here when the option is open to everyone. I also hope tonight addresses a lot of the issues and am looking forward to it.

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

It's no a secret, I just can't be arsed typing 2hrs worth of the content of a meeting on here when the option is open to everyone. I also hope tonight addresses a lot of the issues and am looking forward to it.

You don't have to explain the whole thing but to he key points would be enough.

3 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

You did say that Airdrie set up to stop Falkirk playing, though. That it was a 'prime example'. In reality, though, this is simply false. Falkirk had a paltry 6% more of the ball, which for a home team, I mean that's more or less an even spread of the ball. 

We remember the reverse fixture quite differently, too.

That Falkirk have regressed is very true, though. They looked a dangerous team that day. They looked toothless on Saturday. They looked clueless on Saturday. 

If it was a prime example of anything, it was a prime example of a better team skudding a poorer team. A prime example of a competently coached team riding an incompetently coached team. A prime example not of an away team setting out to stop the daunting footballing side that is Falkirk playing, but simply of the better team winning. 

I thought Airdrie fans weren't big fans of Murray? Wasn't that long ago he was getting pelters .

25 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Your definition of half is interesting considering only 3 of our starting 11 on Saturday have ever played for Falkirk. EDIT: this becomes 4 out of 18 when you include the entire match day squad.

One of those was Bob McHugh, who seems to be pretty much universally held in higher regard by your fans than ours.

Edited by Zanetti

24 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

board@falkirkfc.co.uk

Why would I waste my time emailing Colin McFarlane? If over £500k of investment wouldn’t shift these self-important p***ks, what is an email from me going to achieve? If the Board had an ounce of self respect, they’d have been gone a long time ago. To the Clubs detriment, their arrogance knows no bounds.

9 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Your definition of half is interesting considering only 3 of our starting 11 on Saturday have ever played for Falkirk. EDIT: this becomes 4 out of 18 when you include the entire match day squad.

One of those was Bob McHugh, who seems to be pretty much universally held in higher regard by your fans than ours.

4 started  as far as I can see and 5 with Moore on the bench.  Perhaps you need to work on your addition?

Edited by Shadwell Dog

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I thought Airdrie fans weren't big fans of Murray? Wasn't that long ago he was getting pelters .

There's plenty who have never been his biggest fan, that's for sure, but at least for me he has consistently improved us every year. The facts would tend to bear that out vis a vis league positioning. Even so, most if not all would accept that he can at the very least competently coach a side. Some feel he is or has been too cautious a coach, too negative. 

The evidence before everyone's eyes on Saturday told its own story regards the relative coaching of the two sides, though. 

Falkirk players looked lost. 

There was also a complete inability to change the game in any meaningful way at half time or at 2-0 down. 

Nobody in that coaching staff seems capable of getting a reaction out the players, that seemed obvious. 

35 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

And we know fine well what they’re capable of now. Thank you for the Falkirk cast offs which include 2 players in our backline who boast the current best defensive record in the league, whilst Falkirk continue to embarrass themselves. Glorious viewing