The Falkirk FC Thread

Really there is nothing keeping Holt here. He has performed shockingly in his role to get a team and performances on the pitch, he may have got the youth setup running, however, Fegus is probably doing everything for that now so what is Holt doing? If they argue tonight that Holt is running the youth stuff and doing it well, then the counter argument should be that we have a CEO with plenty of experience in running a youth development, so Holt should be punted and let our CEO take that under his responsibility, which will allow the Manager to manage everything 

15 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

If any of you listened to Dave Cormack's meltdown on Sportsound this evening, what do we reckon the chances the two Garys were listening in, hoping for some pointers for tomorrow night on how to batten down the hatches?

Aberdeen are going through the same as us just at a much higher level. Inexperienced   manager comes in with an exciting plan  , decent start, plan hits the skids and manager has no idea how to turn it around. Dof signs the players not glass.Interviews become more and more clueless.  No sign of any improvement but the bod will come out and say give him time ,doesn't happen overnight and all that pish.  Glass will be away by the end of the season and so will sheerin one way or another. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I don’t see how Falkirk have ready made Championship players tbh.

Their squad just screams League One. Sure they’ve got guys who played in the league above but they were average players. Simply being average in a higher division doesn’t then make you great if you drop to the league below.

@D'Jaffo @virginton You are perhaps forgetting we actually watch our games and so know what we can be capable of & also get a good look at the opposition.  QP are nothing special and having only won 50% of their 10 games will tell you that.  We've also had some rank rotten players for a few years now who have gone on to regular games in the league above after leaving us.  Players worse than some of the lot we have now.  The truth is it doesn't take much to win this league but we seem intent on making a mess of it time and again.  

15 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

We need to do something and sharpish because I cannot see where a win is coming from. This has all the hallmarks of the away game at Firhill at the back end of  last season when we got absolutely bodied and no c**t tried a leg. The alarming difference being we are in the second quarter of the season and sinking fast. Don't do anything and it's goodbye league 1 hello league 2. The players haven't quite got to completely downing tools stage yet but its a baw hair away. If there is infighting in the dressing room and Sheerin is dropping some of the more experienced pros in the dressing for speaking their mind then the writing is on the wall. For me the first alarm bell was giving the captaincy to Miller then taking it off him to give to Hetherington, you just don't do that. 

99% agree, the 1% is for hello league 2, perhaps possible if we stuck with the current manager structure for the season but that won't happen.

13 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Oh they will try and front it out and blame everything and everyone bar themselves. Holt will come across again like the arrogant smug p***k he is. 

They will try as they always do to front it out but there really is no positive spin to be found, at best they have around 10% of fans backing them.

The only positive I can think of is the restart of youth teams, I don't think they can repeat that over and over to win over a heated atmosphere, whilst we have the worst managerial team at the helm since our relegation

12 hours ago, kiddy said:

Seemed like he'd found his team/formation & plan by the end of the Clyde game.

Then has changed it every week since.

He changed the formation throughout the Clyde game and Clyde played into our hands by going two up top.

As much as Sheerin turns his nose up with two up top, he has went with it during nearly every game 😋

33 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

@D'Jaffo @virginton You are perhaps forgetting we actually watch our games and so know what we can be capable of & also get a good look at the opposition.  QP are nothing special and having only won 50% of their 10 games will tell you that.  We've also had some rank rotten players for a few years now who have gone on to regular games in the league above after leaving us.  Players worse than some of the lot we have now.  The truth is it doesn't take much to win this league but we seem intent on making a mess of it time and again.  

Nobody has ever claimed we are anything special. However, we’ve also lost zero of our ten games if we want to play with stats. I’m not sure why a mid-table League One club, and that’s what Falkirk currently are, having finished 5th last season, and currently sitting 5th, would be casting judgement over a club that is outperforming them.

13 minutes ago, an86 said:

Nobody has ever claimed we are anything special. However, we’ve also lost zero of our ten games if we want to play with stats. I’m not sure why a mid-table League One club, and that’s what Falkirk currently are, having finished 5th last season, and currently sitting 5th, would be casting judgement over a club that is outperforming them.

Stop the internet lads, football fans can no longer have any opinions on any other club that is currently above them in the league pyramid.

The sanctimonious high horsery of many fans of other clubs on here never ceases to amaze.

Guest Caractacus Potts
11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t see how Falkirk have ready made Championship players tbh.

Their squad just screams League One. Sure they’ve got guys who played in the league above but they were average players. Simply being average in a higher division doesn’t then make you great if you drop to the league below.

You’re correct. I think our squad is ok for this league but we’ve left ourselves short of quality in key positions. Even our best players Telfer and Nesbit haven’t been regarded as much more than mid level championship players. Dixon is probably too old to sustain a good level in that league and Morrison is fairy untested at there although I think he could easily be a top player in the Championship. 

This current squad would squad would struggle massively in the 2nd tier. Not sure how anyone could argue otherwise to be honest. 

17 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

If any of you listened to Dave Cormack's meltdown on Sportsound this evening, what do we reckon the chances the two Garys were listening in, hoping for some pointers for tomorrow night on how to batten down the hatches?

just had a listen to this - Deans will without a doubt come out with similar tosh tonight, he thinks the sun shines out Cormack's arse.

16 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Stop the internet lads, football fans can no longer have any opinions on any other club that is currently above them in the league pyramid.

The sanctimonious high horsery of many fans of other clubs on here never ceases to amaze.

Mistaking high horsery for amusement. Classic case of Sunderlanditis among a section of Bairns fans. Used to be a competent Premiership side and can’t accept that they’re now a dugmeat League One outfit. 

2 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

You’re correct. I think our squad is ok for this league but we’ve left ourselves short of quality in key positions. Even our best players Telfer and Nesbit haven’t been regarded as much more than mid level championship players. Dixon is probably too old to sustain a good level in that league and Morrison is fairy untested at there although I think he could easily be a top player in the Championship. 

This current squad would squad would struggle massively in the 2nd tier. Not sure how anyone could argue otherwise to be honest. 

We have tended to have some of our better performances over the last few seasons against sides from the championship and above mind you.  The more open games seem to suit us and perhaps that is the crux of the problem. Not enough players wanting to roll their sleeves up against clubs that are well organised and set up to stop us playing.  Saturday was the prime example. Far more fight legs and guts in the Airdrie team which allowed them to win the middle of the park and then play some decent stuff.  When the going got tough hetherington and telfer weren't at the races I'm afraid.

5 minutes ago, an86 said:

Mistaking high horsery for amusement. Classic case of Sunderlanditis among a section of Bairns fans. Used to be a competent Premiership side and can’t accept that they’re now a dugmeat League One outfit. 

On the park yes but but we still have the facilities and resources that a lot of championship sides can't match. When you're getting crowds of 4000 a week and 2500 season ticket holders then you've every right to expect far more from your club than mid table in a piss poor seaside league.  Not only are we getting worse but the standard of the league is also deteriorating which makes our demise even more embarrassing.

27 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Bollocks. Pointing out the sentence has no relevance to what he's talking about is not high-horsery.

4 hours ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Agree but some folk much prefer mouthing off on a forum,which achieves the square root of f**k all.

I had a meeting with a director last week after complaining by email about the state of the club. It lasted over two hours and I'm not going to go into the in's and out's of what was said but I was grateful for his time. The one thing he did tell me that I am prepared to say on this forum is since they have created the email address for fans to contact them to vent their frustration at the way the club is being run very few have contacted them. As far as he was aware only 2 posters on P&B have taken up the option. I would encourage those of you who like me are pissed off with our current plight to take up the option. No point moaning and doing heehaw about it.

38 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

The post he was replying to was daft to be fair. It clearly assumed that we've only won 5 out of 10 games while playing at our best, when in fact we've been relatively poor for a while now and have still managed to remain undefeated (while maintaining the best defensive record in the league, and one of the better goalscoring ones too).

I don't think we're necessarily a better side than Falkirk - I'd be very surprised if you don't turn it around at some point actually, and I'd expect the title race to go right down to the wire, but the only "high horsery" on display here is the suggestion that you should be somehow scooshing this division with that squad.

Edited by Zanetti

Guest Caractacus Potts
13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We have tended to have some of our better performances over the last few seasons against sides from the championship and above mind you.  The more open games seem to suit us and perhaps that is the crux of the problem. Not enough players wanting to roll their sleeves up against clubs that are well organised and set up to stop us playing.  Saturday was the prime example. Far more fight legs and guts in the Airdrie team which allowed them to win the middle of the park and then play some decent stuff.  When the going got tough hetherington and telfer weren't at the races I'm afraid.

Our style of play maybe suits playing against teams above but do think our squad falls a bit short of a team that would compete well in the Championship. 

9 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I had a meeting with a director last week after complaining by email about the state of the club. It lasted over two hours and I'm not going to go into the in's and out's of what was said but I was grateful for his time. The one thing he did tell me that I am prepared to say on this forum is since they have created the email address for fans to contact them to vent their frustration at the way the club is being run very few have contacted them. As far as he was aware only 2 posters on P&B have taken up the option. I would encourage those of you who like me are pissed off with our current plight to take up the option. No point moaning and doing heehaw about it.

There's a malaise about the whole club from top to bottom. Noone really thinks emailing the club will make any difference. When you can have a season like last season and yet the chairman still thinks he's the man to do the job and nothing changes then why bother.If you already know the answers what's the point in others asking anyway. You'd be as well telling us. Why the secrecy? Tonight will be far better than emails anyway hopefully.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 minute ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Our style of play maybe suits playing against teams above but do think our squad falls a bit short of a team that would compete well in the Championship. 

This season to.be honest we'd struggle against championship sides simply because our defence is murder.