The Falkirk FC Thread

58 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

If you think Sheerin is stubborn and has lost the dressing room, then Yogi isn't the answer to improve that.

I'm not saying this is not an issue with Yogi (it is), but the worst elements of his stubbornness came to the fore when he at least had a bit of credit in the bank. Sheerin has been being stubborn since he got five games in to his first managerial gig in eight years, when he has previously achieved the square-root of f**k all apart from a fourth-tier title with Arbroath a decade ago. They aren't comparable. 

Edited by 18BAIRN76

50 minutes ago, Senator Frimpton said:

This has been evident for a while now, and the blatant nepotism of Holt and then Fergus getting their boys snouts in the trough pretty much confirms that FFC is seen as nothing more than a meal ticket for many of those involved. 

Really not surprising given the incredibly low demands and expectations in place at present.

I used to say the buck stops with the major shareholders/board and they are the ones to be held to account. I've come to realise however that the buck really stops with the fans. The club isn't failing through lack of devoted and commited support, it's failing because those in charge take that support appallingly for granted and throw their money down the drain year on year.

Withholding money from the club isn't disloyalty, it's saying time for change for the better. These clowns will hang around like a vile stink until they stop being enabled to do so. I haven't bought a season in 3 years (having done so for 15)

My stand might not make much difference but at least I'm not watching other people throw my money away

Blaming fans who helped keep the club going during a global pandemic. Fucking hell. 

I'm guessing you won't be showing up at the Q&A either because you care so much...

Saying that the board are in for themselves is just plain mental. Lacking ability yes, but I genuinely struggle to see what benefit anyone would get out of being on the board. 

We used to go a few years back when cataloguing the old MSG errors. Now we just need to talk about the last 12 months and it’s shameful. 

A black and white third kit? I mean come on you couldn’t make that shit up.

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

Saying that the board are in for themselves is just plain mental. Lacking ability yes, but I genuinely struggle to see what benefit anyone would get out of being on the board. 

We used to go a few years back when cataloguing the old MSG errors. Now we just need to talk about the last 12 months and it’s shameful. 

Gary Deans has upped his profile and his interest in other companies, since becoming chairman, has increased. He wouldn’t get anywhere near the level of exposure in any other job he does. He’ll still try to spin it all as good too and why not, wasn’t long ago a load of fans were happy with the way everything was going. 

The rest of the board are maybe waiting in line for his job but to say they get nothing isn’t true. They also get to parade the fact they are the director of a club and turn up in a suit and blazer on match days, feel important and pretend how great they are. Football clubs attract the exact kind of ego’s our board has been plagued with. You or I may not understand why they do it but a lot are most definitely in it for themselves. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

4 hours ago, Enigma said:

Fans calling for Yogi are probably barking up the right tree but I think he’ll have his eye on a Championship gig, the pars job will probably be available sooner rather than later for example. To be honest though, past experience tells me he’s not a manger you want to bring in to sort out a crisis as he’s got it in him to make it worse!

Scottish cup winner, league winner, top 6 in the top league with low budget amongst Hughes badges in management, but an SOS from Ross County in years to become a manager and then once successful told to GTF. I think there are reasons why Hughes hadn't been in a management job post Raith and onwards County now.

There were plenty jobs in the summer, Hughes stock was high after 3yr out but no one came calling.

Im not too sure the pars board would be too keen on Yogi(ours won't be with history) I'd guess a Jim McIntyre/pars link or something out the blue is safer than Hughes.

We are such a car crash that Hughes seems an option to some, can't see it happening albeit I did say on here when he left that he'd be back to manage at some point in years to come 😶😶

6 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

To be fair, another way of looking at it, is the physio was on to try and speed it up as the Airdrie physio was otherwise engaged and could have taken longer to get there, no?  Anyway that's a minor point in a match which has given both supports plenty to talk about.

The Airdrie player was off the pitch and rolled on to it. The officials should have rolled him back off - no time lost, sorted

24 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Gary Deans has upped his profile and his interest in other companies since becoming chairman has increased. He wouldn’t get anywhere near the level of exposure in any other job he does. He’ll still try to spin it all as good too and why not, wasn’t long ago a load of fans were happy with the way everything was going. 

The rest of the board are maybe waiting in line for his job but to say they get nothing isn’t true. They also get to parade the fact they are the director of a club and turn up in a suit and blazer on match days, feel important and pretend how great they are. Football clubs attract the exact kind of ego’s are board has been plagued with. You or I may not understand why they do it but a lot are most definitely in it for themselves. 

The fact deans clung on during the summer by simply asking his chums if he should stay tells you enough. He could easily have walked away but decided he wanted to stay so there has to be something in it for him as I'm sure other true fans would've held their hands up and said I've done my best it's not been good enough time to pass it on to someone else to give it a shot.

Just listened to his post match, and “stuffy” and “sacrificing talent at the top end” clear signals that two up front will never darken his door again. Saying having his side expected to score two and three goals in order to win matches is unrealistic.

“Gaining territory”……..it’s cringeworthy.

Sadly, it looks increasingly as if he has no clear plan on what to do. In the 3rd tier of Scottish football with a full time side other than “be stuffy” and not have at most one player up front. Clearly both he and Holt really are away with the fairies.

Does he have the awareness to grasp that saying a full time side in a part time league have to be stuffy and sacrifice any threat up front in order to get anything from games is utterly brutal.

1 hour ago, BountyBairn said:

Yeah, so mental that Deans jingles the “Chairman of Falkirk Football Club” tag line everywhere he can to pick any little non exec or consultancy gigs that he can. To think any of them are there solely for the benefit of FFC is (as you put it) mental.

Guest Ecosse83
40 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

Would be interesting to see if binning septic Holt helps our cause. How much say has he in the playing side? Perhaps then we would see if Sheerin is a numpty or not. As for Dean's I think he is very secure sadly

I think getting rid of Holt needs to be the first thing on the agenda. It’s no coincidence we have went to pot on the pitch since his arrival. 

I’d get rid of Holt and give Sheerin a few more games to see how it pans out. He might not be up to it but could thrive without Holt looking over his shoulder! 

I think getting rid of Holt needs to be the first thing on the agenda. It’s no coincidence we have went to pot on the pitch since his arrival. 

I’d get rid of Holt and give Sheerin a few more games to see how it pans out. He might not be up to it but could thrive without Holt looking over his shoulder! 

The first part aye 100%.

The second though holy f**k man. How it will pan out is Hetherington still stinking the place out and playing 90 minutes, McKay shelling goals left, right and centre and more horrific interpretations of football. He’s not the root cause here but he needs punted. Now. Comfortably worse than both McKinnon and dumb and dumber. Probably worse than Eddie May tbh.

6 hours ago, Enigma said:

I said they weren’t everybody’s cup of tea but Duffy wouldn’t have you in 5th. I’d put my house it. Look at the past few mangers to have won this league:

McCall

McGlynn

Campbell

McCall (again)

Experience, experience, experience. All managers who have been around the block more than twice. I can’t get my head around why you went for a guy who’s only experience was managing an unremarkable Arbroath side for a couple of years about a decade ago.

Fans calling for Yogi are probably barking up the right tree but I think he’ll have his eye on a Championship gig, the pars job will probably be available sooner rather than later for example. To be honest though, past experience tells me he’s not a manger you want to bring in to sort out a crisis as he’s got it in him to make it worse!

The difference between those 3 that you mentioned to Duffy is that they are all good managers. Duffy just isn’t.

21 minutes ago, Russ said:

The first part aye 100%.

The second though holy f**k man. How it will pan out is Hetherington still stinking the place out and playing 90 minutes, McKay shelling goals left, right and centre and more horrific interpretations of football. He’s not the root cause here but he needs punted. Now. Comfortably worse than both McKinnon and dumb and dumber. Probably worse than Eddie May tbh.

Eddie May was bad but he was bad in the TOP TIER. 

I agree he’s worse than McKinnon but let’s not forget M and M plummeted to new lows last season so probably about par with them (though like comparing a Lada to an Allegro).

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

Guest Caractacus Potts
12 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Eddie May was bad but he was bad in the TOP TIER. 

I agree he’s worse than McKinnon but let’s not forget M and M plummeted to new lows last season so probably about par with them (though like comparing a Lada to an Allegro).

M and M were binned after collecting only 7 points in their last 6 games. Gary Holt then picked up 1 point in 4 matches. The near impossible task of gaining 2 points as Gary Deans said.

I’m actually not for binning Sheerin just yet as the ones who appointed him and Holt are still there. 

One thing is for sure we keep finding new lows but that won’t change till we clear out the boardroom and Sandy and Martin sell their shares to people who actually give a toss. 

1 hour ago, Russ said:

The first part aye 100%.

Definitely worse than May. At least he was competing against decent opposition. 

We should be playing with some swagger. Instead we have Levein Mark II talking about shutting up shop against dross to nick a 1-0. Just f**k off Sheerin.