The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Why are you using a keyboard on a media platform to tell fellow users of the platform they are keyboard warriors?

Person hides behind keyboard to have a go at other fans for voicing their opinion on an anonymous forum! 

2 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Well, it could be that they were told to stop giving out tickets...

I wasn't going to go because I'll have had a hectic day at work on Tuesday, but that post did make me think it's important to make sure the place is packed out so I went to get a ticket. Be interesting to see how many are actually there. 

Maybe a few touts at the door of the inchyra since the tickets are gold dust now.🤣

Be interesting to find out their valuation of their business? As they don't own the stadium, have a squad of next to no value & must be basing any figure solely on SFA/League membership.
When somebody could buy the whole shebang in Govan, for £5m. I'd estimate £2-300k max, for this sorry lot.

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Surely the medium term answer for Falkirk here is to go hybrid part time. It would pretty much allow you to sign the best of the part time players going instead of having to dish out 3 year deals to shite like McKay to even get them to think about signing for Falkirk. We’ve done it twice and gone up as Champions. Being fully full time in League One is a thankless task as you’re scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of who you can actually sign.

Absolutely.  I'm always amazed at how little per week footballers will take to be 'full time'. You could get a job in a call centre for more than we're paying some of this shit.

2 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Absolutely.  I'm always amazed at how little per week footballers will take to be 'full time'. You could get a job in a call centre for more than we're paying some of this shit.

We need to ditch the big club syndrome and start signing a few part time players in our squad. A few teams do it and it doesn't seem to have any negative effects on them. Gives you far more options too.

35 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Jim Duffy? Jesus wept.  Guys won one single seaside league title in his entire 40 odd years of management.  How he keeps getting jobs after one failure after another is beyond me. McIntyre was offered the job two year ago and knocked it back.

I said they weren’t everybody’s cup of tea but Duffy wouldn’t have you in 5th. I’d put my house it. Look at the past few mangers to have won this league:

McCall

McGlynn

Campbell

McCall (again)

Experience, experience, experience. All managers who have been around the block more than twice. I can’t get my head around why you went for a guy who’s only experience was managing an unremarkable Arbroath side for a couple of years about a decade ago.

Fans calling for Yogi are probably barking up the right tree but I think he’ll have his eye on a Championship gig, the pars job will probably be available sooner rather than later for example. To be honest though, past experience tells me he’s not a manger you want to bring in to sort out a crisis as he’s got it in him to make it worse!

32 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Well then... 100% of tickets sold but 100% will not be 70% full with not 10% of the 70% being keyboard users.....

So how many folk are going then.....

math-numbers.gif.839c4fe2edd64c2404c124e3303d6229.gif

I got a ticket last night and I will be going. My focus if I get the opportunity to ask a question will be more on the board and running of the club than the team as I haven't seen us this season due to not renewing my ST. I hope the place is full and they have an extremely uncomfortable evening.

Guest Back Post Misses

Let’s start early for Peterhead with this weeks selection bingo 

Formation? Stuffy times on the way?

5-4-1?, 4-5-1?, 4-6-0?, 4-1-4-1?, 3-5-2?, 3-4-3? 

the list is endless

Personnel? 
Tactics? 

13 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I said they weren’t everybody’s cup of tea but Duffy wouldn’t have you in 5th. I’d put my house it. Look at the past few mangers to have won this league:

McCall

McGlynn

Campbell

McCall (again)

Experience, experience, experience. All managers who have been around the block more than twice. I can’t get my head around why you went for a guy who’s only experience was managing an unremarkable Arbroath side for a couple of years about a decade ago.

Fans calling for Yogi are probably barking up the right tree but I think he’ll have his eye on a Championship gig, the pars job will probably be available sooner rather than later for example. To be honest though, past experience tells me he’s not a manger you want to bring in to sort out a crisis as he’s got it in him to make it worse!

Duffy's Dumbarton were shocking in this league. They are a far better team since he left. Not saying your not wrong on the experience but Jim Duffy wasn't the answer. 

41 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Let’s start early for Peterhead with this weeks selection bingo 

Formation? Stuffy times on the way?

5-4-1?, 4-5-1?, 4-6-0?, 4-1-4-1?, 3-5-2?, 3-4-3? 

the list is endless

Personnel? 
Tactics? 

You almost got there with your 4-6-0. I think he’ll go for the Largs nuclear option of 5-5-0. As Shagger said, the conversation inside his own head will be “I told you it wouldn’t work. Aye, alright you told me. Let’s start off with baby steps because we need to walk before we can run. Let’s get up there and grab a point. Let’s be the stuffiest team in the league.”

Team selection will be along the lines of Martin, Mutch, McCann, Miller, Hetherington, McGuffie, Hall, McKay, Lemon, Telfer, Dixon. On the bench: Krasniqi, Keena, Ruth, Ross and someone else.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

That was absolutely dreadful yesterday and completely unacceptable. Airdrie looked good but I think that was, at least partly, down to us and this ludicrous playing out from the back shite.

I thought that a few players were just going through the motions and looked like they weren't playing for the manager. We've all been clamouring for two up front only to be served that pish when we eventually get it.

For me, only McCann and Martin get pass marks; I think the former has the makings of being a very good wing-back. The rest were garbage though, although I can maybe absolve Lemon and Ruth due to their age and inexperience. I still think Keena's our 'best' striker but he had the chance to prove Sheerin wrong and didn't take it. His work-rate was terrible although he did take a knock early on so don't know if that affected him or not?

I tried to get a ticket for Tuesday but they're sold out apparently so I really hope that those who are going give it tight to the fuckers, especially Holt and the BOD. Somebody's got to answer for the mess we're in!

1 hour ago, kiddy said:

Be interesting to find out their valuation of their business? As they don't own the stadium, have a squad of next to no value & must be basing any figure solely on SFA/League membership.
When somebody could buy the whole shebang in Govan, for £5m. I'd estimate £2-300k max, for this sorry lot.

There are no physical assets.

Squad worthless

Minority shareholder in stadium company that's worthless as the council have captive money font in FFC

All there is ? Goodwill - precious little of that about.

Guest Back Post Misses

The is Rawlins front and centre.  
His plan for the structure, he stuck by Holt and the “Elected Officials” and headed up the selection of the Manager. 
Time he listened to others. I wonder if his charm will get him through? Hopefully the punters won’t fall for it. 

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Deep, deep fear that they will just blow smoke up supporters' arses and the majority will buy into it. I really hope I'm wrong.

I would guess that is the plan. It’s up to each individual to understand the scale of our demise under the stewardship of Gary Deans, and even more so once he had his hand picked yes men by his side.

The previous Q & A has shown that the Rawlins will indulge in all of the falsehoods and meaningless nonsense that will be rolled out.

I expect the toytown PR group to be in full swing. If people buy into it, then the club we see before us is the club we deserve. Be clear on one thing. Every single person on Deans yes men Board is there for what they can get out of it. Never forget that.

5 hours ago, Hughsie said:

Sheerin bemoaning the need for us to become more “stuffy” is a real low point for me.

It’s League One we’re in.

The kind of rhetoric you might expect from a Falkirk manager if we were sitting in the bottom 2 or 3 in the Premier League (aye, if only) and facing up to a relegation battle over the course of the winter and into next year. For this to now be the ambition 10 games into a League One season where promotion should be the sole objective....how much lower can we sink? An admittance, essentially, that he hasn't a clue how to use the attacking options at his disposal to get a blend and formation that has us on the front foot and taking the game to the opposition from the first whistle, which we should be doing, regardless of the opposition. But then, we already knew what, from watching theniinsipid dross he serves up week after week. I only hope and pray his grand plan of going to Balmoor in 6 days time looking for a 0-0, maybe even nick a 1-0 if things fall our way, never the gets the chance to come to fruition. Irrespective of the myriad other problems afflicting us, he is not fit for purpose and needs to be emptied immediately. An utterly busted flush.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Every single person on Deans yes men Board is there for what they can get out of it. Never forget that.

This has been evident for a while now, and the blatant nepotism of Holt and then Fergus getting their boys snouts in the trough pretty much confirms that FFC is seen as nothing more than a meal ticket for many of those involved. 

Really not surprising given the incredibly low demands and expectations in place at present.

I used to say the buck stops with the major shareholders/board and they are the ones to be held to account. I've come to realise however that the buck really stops with the fans. The club isn't failing through lack of devoted and commited support, it's failing because those in charge take that support appallingly for granted and throw their money down the drain year on year.

Withholding money from the club isn't disloyalty, it's saying time for change for the better. These clowns will hang around like a vile stink until they stop being enabled to do so. I haven't bought a season in 3 years (having done so for 15)

My stand might not make much difference but at least I'm not watching other people throw my money away