The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, BooBairn said:

Whilst I would love John Hughes to return, the model the club is clearly going to continue with is a head coach working under a director of football…  which ultimately rules out a return for Yogi! 

The obvious solution here would be to catapult Holt into the stratosphere. Problem solved.

23 minutes ago, MrDust said:

This scenario has Hughes all over it for him ....me me me me and me

As for too big for league one, he spent years out the game then successful at Ross County to be pushed which I'm guessing for him being Hughes. I don't think league one is beyond him as there is obviously whispers about him keeping him out of jobs.

I don't think he will be entertained tho with the current board members

I'll guess our board maybe sounding out new managers today even if they have no intention of sacking Sheerin, the Holt one is the easy one to sack but Holt seems to be accepted into the circle.

I see no reason for us to have a DOF, the recruitment part this season kinda suggests we don't and even Sheerin(his only decent soundbyte) said McInnes at Aberdeen did everything

I'm not sure either are certainties, I'm sure number two isn't. As mentioned above our board will be speaking amongst themselves, targeting and sounding out a new manager which might not even see the light of day.

If Sheerin remains then I can't see us getting more than 2pts in our next two games, formations are partially crucial but it's how you attack and defend in them that matter more and that part is his failure, not helped with shit recruitment but you can polish it with better management skills.

We seem to go every week now with a must win game, by fuk we are in the third division, top two budget and we are one of the two full time teams.

Sheerin had to start well and roll on it to be successful, the shit has hit the fan and it's clear to see he hasn't got a clue what he is doing when the chips are down.

Its unfortunate we have two away games up coming but I'm sure results in those games will see Sheerin away if he survives this week

Yeah I think Hughes would take a job in league one if the situation was right and I don't think rice would stick his nose up at a number two appointment again if it was the right situation. Might suit him to have a bit less pressure to be honest.  Holt would need punted  first though.

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 hours ago, Top of Meeks Road said:

If the Americans were, quite ridiculously, given 'control' for the princely sum of a new 5 bedroom detached in Kinnaird, then how much are those still holding the majority of the shares looking for to walk? 

The spiralling decline of the club, and its not bottomed out yet remember, surely makes the valuation a fraction of what it could have been a few years ago. 

Just as shares rise and fall in the stock exchange, surely Falkirk FC with its part owned stadium, third tier status and absolutely no saleable playing assets must be worth little? 

The share value must have decimated. On that basis, why don't those really in control cash in their diminishing pile of chips and let some others give it a go for a realistic price? 

They won't though, because they're power hungry, greedy egotists! 

If I’m correct in thinking, the share price is set by the board and they also have control of who can sell the shares and who buys. 

As far as I’m aware this procedure was set up to future proof the club from imposters such as Mark Campbell buying up shares however what if the imposters were already in the building….!? 

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I think it's time for them to get their heads out the sand though and get their share votes behind a change in direction at least. At the moment they seem happy to sit back whilst the club slides into oblivion.

Should at least just offer their shares up to the new fans group! 

4 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Should at least just offer their shares up to the new fans group! 

Would still need BOD approval but yes, would be a great idea. The new supports society could at least hit the ground running with a bit of clout if they had maybe at 10% shareholding before a ball was even kicked. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
42 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I'll guess our board maybe sounding out new managers today even if they have no intention of sacking Sheerin, the Holt one is the easy one to sack but Holt seems to be accepted into the circle.

As mentioned above our board will be speaking amongst themselves, targeting and sounding out a new manager which might not even see the light of day.

A competent board would do the above so I doubt ours will. If we do however then you’re bound to read about it soon such as when they asked McCann and then Rice to apply. 

That’s how our board operate too, they ask people to apply. Probably think it gives them an out when leaks happen, as in the McCann case, to saying ‘No one was offered the job’. What it will also undoubtedly do is piss off those candidates most qualified to take over our team.

It even sounded like Sheerin was frustrated with the interview procedure we set up so could even have missed out on him. 

If we get rid of Sheerin then don’t get your hopes up about bringing in someone decent. 

Guest Back Post Misses
3 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

The Rawlins are from Stoke, not America and they are the majority shareholder, it is them who are “really in control”  no other single person holds that amount of shares and with the old MSG now having broken up the buck stops with them I’m afraid. Both Mr and Mrs Rawlins sit on the board and it’s them the rest of the puppets take direction from. I hope they are properly grilled on Tuesday as to when the additional investment they promised is going to appear, why they refused to work with a fans group offering over 500k in return for share capital and particularly on the role of Gary Holt.

They are NOT the majority shareholder. They own only 26%. MR, SA and WM hold more shares between them. Carrie Rawlins is American 

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

After Cove and Falkirk’s performances yesterday, maybe it’s time to get the mortgage on Queens Park sadly…..

IMG_1634470753.547162.jpg

Airdrie the only value - in fact great value 

Guest Caractacus Potts

283D2B8E-526C-4611-B3ED-05796EF00E84.thumb.jpeg.4333569f185780ee88d65c749e0126bc.jpeg

Went back to find Phil’s list. 

So much bluff and bluster. The first bullet point too is entirely false in its representation. About 250,000 shares were bought by the board and associates such as that Jon Bonner(Phil’s pal) who bought 62,500 shares. 

Also of the 19 new shareholders, only 10 are not affiliated with the board. 
Funny how Gary Holts son passed their new stringent profiling for new players too…

I expect a few more clangers to be dropped on Tuesday. Not always easy to prove them wrong on a mistruth but fortunately with the top one it’s all public information. 

3B2EAC44-80EA-4279-9EEA-E14EF71364B6.jpeg

B5221375-7EA8-40C0-BE20-41B24525B12C.jpeg

Edited by Caractacus Potts

39 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

They are NOT the majority shareholder. They own only 26%. MR, SA and WM hold more shares between them. Carrie Rawlins is American 

Sorry to confuse , just a poor choose of wording, I’ll go back and edit the original post. He is however alongside his wife the single largest shareholder as we don’t actually have a majority shareholder. I did know Carrie was American, I was referring to Phill. My actual point was it’s the Rawlins that are actively running the club and taking decisions alongside they’re stooges on the board. The buck stops with them now and they should be held accountable. Responsibility for our current situation lies with Rawlins, Deans and the rest of the cabal currently sitting on the board. The former MSG aren’t this issue as some posters were suggesting. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Surely the medium term answer for Falkirk here is to go hybrid part time. It would pretty much allow you to sign the best of the part time players going instead of having to dish out 3 year deals to shite like McKay to even get them to think about signing for Falkirk. We’ve done it twice and gone up as Champions. Being fully full time in League One is a thankless task as you’re scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of who you can actually sign.