The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Top of Meeks Road said:

If the Americans were, quite ridiculously, given 'control' for the princely sum of a new 5 bedroom detached in Kinnaird, then how much are those still holding the majority of the shares looking for to walk? 

The spiralling decline of the club, and its not bottomed out yet remember, surely makes the valuation a fraction of what it could have been a few years ago. 

Just as shares rise and fall in the stock exchange, surely Falkirk FC with its part owned stadium, third tier status and absolutely no saleable playing assets must be worth little? 

The share value must have decimated. On that basis, why don't those really in control cash in their diminishing pile of chips and let some others give it a go for a realistic price? 

They won't though, because they're power hungry, greedy egotists! 

Phill Rawlins is from Stoke, not America and is the largest shareholder, it is them who are “really in control”  no other single person holds that amount of shares and with the old MSG now having broken up the buck stops with them I’m afraid. Both Mr and Mrs Rawlins sit on the board and it’s them the rest of the puppets take direction from. I hope they are properly grilled on Tuesday as to when the additional investment they promised is going to appear, why they refused to work with a fans group offering over 500k in return for share capital and particularly on the role of Gary Holt.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

11 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Just tried to include @bantabairn in a post but nowt comes up. Missing In Action.

Even he can't defend the indefensible and has slithered off with his tail tucked between his legs.

Rats deserting a sinking ship.

Banta was a Board stooge. If rumours are correct he was very friendly with a Board member who was feeding him (dis)information. Considering it was mostly PR type stuff you can have a good guess at who the Board guy was. No way on hell will he come back on here to defend the current shambles. 

On 08/10/2021 at 19:40, kiddy said:

Brian Martin, Roddy Manley. Certainly had an eye for a player.

That was abject yesterday. Im still struggling to work out what the formation was( 3-4-1-2??)The players looked clueless and all over the place so it was difficult to tell from where I was sitting. I think we could have played 2 up top without changing shape of defence etc. Is 4-4-2 not fancy enough? With our level of player the simpler the better surely? We're watching another rookie manager making mistake after mistake. 

2 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

The Rawlins are from Stoke, not America and they are the majority shareholder, no other single person holds that amount of shares and with the old MSG now having broken up the buck stops with them I’m afraid. Both Mr and Mrs Rawlins sit on the board and it’s them the rest of the puppets take direction from. I hope they are properly grilled on Tuesday as to when the additional investment they promised is going to appear, why they refused to work with a fans group offering over 500k in return for share capital and particularly on the role of Gary Holt.

Only Phil Rawlins is from Stoke. Mrs R comes from the US. MR and SA combined still own more shares than them. The worrying thing is that they are doing what they always do and sit on their hands and let others run the show.....although SA looked mighty pissed off yesterday. That’s how we got the Liddel appointed Deans as Chairman.

3 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

The Rawlins are from Stoke, not America and they are the majority shareholder, no other single person holds that amount of shares and with the old MSG now having broken up the buck stops with them I’m afraid. Both Mr and Mrs Rawlins sit on the board and it’s them the rest of the puppets take direction from. I hope they are properly grilled on Tuesday as to when the additional investment they promised is going to appear, why they refused to work with a fans group offering over 500k in return for share capital and particularly on the role of Gary Holt.

They are the biggest shareholder but certainly not the majority with only 26 percent.  

37 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Only Phil Rawlins is from Stoke. Mrs R comes from the US. MR and SA combined still own more shares than them. The worrying thing is that they are doing what they always do and sit on their hands and let others run the show.....although SA looked mighty pissed off yesterday. That’s how we got the Liddel appointed Deans as Chairman.

You are totally correct however both SA and MR no longer sit on the board and were happy to dilute they’re shareholding to allow the NB group investment to happen with all the proceeds going directly to the club and not to themselves, that investment was road blocked by the Rawlings and co on the board. SA or MR can no longer be held up as bogey men having no active involvement anymore. People need to realise who is actually calling the shots and it’s not them, everything the current BOD do is at the behest of Phill Rawlins who is looked upon as club owner having the single largest shareholding alongside his wife. The price he paid for that shareholding is largely irrelevant now. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

32 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

They are the biggest shareholder but certainly not the majority with only 26 percent.  

Just a poor choice of wording, my point is they are the single largest shareholder as we don’t actually have a “majority shareholder” and are actively running the club in conjunction with the puppets on they’re BOD. Buck now stops with them and questions need answered. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Christ someone should be in a far better mood after their team played well yesterday.  My gripe is that the boy deliberaty crawled back on to the bloody pitch but then for some reason couldn't crawl back off again.  It's a deliberate act to stop the bloody game. Now yesterday we were beaten soundly by far the better team I have no complaints about that but I don't see why we should be helping treat a guy on the pitch who has managed to get himself back on it for the sole reason but to waste bloody time. Why he and the goalie who was booked for it we're wasting time was completely beyond me as Airdrie were far more likely to score more goals than concede so it was a crazy booking to get in the circumstances.

In recent years we've conceded 3 goals in the last 5-6 mins of a game on more than one occasion. Forgive us for not adopting the same gung ho attitude again.

And it seems to have rattled your cage, so win win.

1 hour ago, Top of Meeks Road said:

If the Americans were, quite ridiculously, given 'control' for the princely sum of a new 5 bedroom detached in Kinnaird, then how much are those still holding the majority of the shares looking for to walk? 

The spiralling decline of the club, and its not bottomed out yet remember, surely makes the valuation a fraction of what it could have been a few years ago. 

Just as shares rise and fall in the stock exchange, surely Falkirk FC with its part owned stadium, third tier status and absolutely no saleable playing assets must be worth little? 

The share value must have decimated. On that basis, why don't those really in control cash in their diminishing pile of chips and let some others give it a go for a realistic price? 

They won't though, because they're power hungry, greedy egotists! 

The shares thing is MR and SA I presume. It’s not quite as simple as them selling up to whoever they think has the best interests of the club at heart.

Despite their large shareholding, neither of them are on the BoD. Accordingly, they cannot simply sell their shares because our constitution forbids it. The current BoD have to give their blessing for the shares to be sold, and then have the right to block a sale to anyone they don’t like.

So do we think Rawlins, Deans, McFarlane, Colborn and Wright are going to allow SA and MR to sell their shares to the Patrons or Navy Blue? Not a snowball’s chance in hell. About the only thing SA and MR can do is to side with the lesser shareholders and vote down our BoD at an AGM or EAGM.

It’s a mess, and while it’s clear to everyone that the current incumbents needs to be swept away, it’s not easy to do. Make no mistake, this BoD have put their own ‘let’s play at being big shots” ahead of the club’s well being. For that alone, they need to be cleared out.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

You listen to that interview and there is no anger or real concern from sheerin it's all very easy osey.  He'd be giving interviews like that when he was managing Arbroath in this league. A very different Arbroath then than today. One that was happy to try and stay in league one and nothing more. For him to say the players aren't letting him down is frankly farcical.  These players will be getting paid more than the majority of their opponents and yet are constantly getting out played and out fought.  We have had the same problems in the middle of the park ever since we were relegated and yet noone seems able to sort it out. Hetherington and telfer getting constantly outrun by younger, fitter players.  At least with nesbitt in there you have legs but he's shunted out wide again where he's no where near as influential.  Can't wait till Tuesday night now.

Tbh I don’t have an issue with us having someone at the club specifically to focus on signing players.

The cost is much lower than having to sign a whole new team and pay off the existing one every 6 months as we’ve been doing.

Clearly though Holt is not the man to do that as he’s managed to put together possibly our worst squad since we’ve been in league 1.

27 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

OK.. so its almost 11 am and no sackings.

What the fucking f**k. Do these arseholes really think they can brazen out a Q and A with Deans, Holt and Sheerin all still in place?

Yes they do. The same people presided over the record breaking collapse from a league leading position last season with absolutely no casualties whatsoever, so they fully expect to sail through this mess untouched. Much as it pains me, the ST sales have made them feel that they are bulletproof and can get away with anything. 
They want money, lots of money, but not at the cost of them losing control.

11 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

In recent years we've conceded 3 goals in the last 5-6 mins of a game on more than one occasion. Forgive us for not adopting the same gung ho attitude again.

And it seems to have rattled your cage, so win win.

Come on you were 3 nil up against a piss poor Falkirk side. Trying to say you were time wasting because you lost 3 late on in a game a few years ago is laughable.  You want to time waste fine. My gripe isnt with Airdrie it's with us for sending our physio out to assist with the time wasting.  Although it could've been a cunning plan by sheerin to run down the clock right enough.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

8 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

The shares thing is MR and SA I presume. It’s not quite as simple as them selling up to whoever they think has the best interests of the club at heart.

Despite their large shareholding, neither of them are on the BoD. Accordingly, they cannot simply sell their shares because our constitution forbids it. The current BoD have to give their blessings for the sales to be sold, and then have the right to block a sale to anyone they don’t like.

So do we think Rawlins, Deans, McFarlane, Colborn and Wright are going to allow SA and MR to sell their shares to the Patrons or Navy Blue? Not a snowball’s chance in hell. About the only thing SA and MR can do is to side with the lesser shareholders and vote down our BoD at an AGM or EAGM.

It’s a mess, and while it’s clear to everyone that the current incumbents needs to be swept away, it’s not easy to do. Make no mistake, this BoD have put their own ‘let’s play at being big shots” ahead of the club’s well being. For that alone, they need to be cleared out.

I think it's time for them to get their heads out the sand though and get their share votes behind a change in direction at least. At the moment they seem happy to sit back whilst the club slides into oblivion.

3 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

I genuinely reckon Hughes thinks he's better than managing Falkirk in the third division and I think he's right.

Those thinking Rice would also come as his assistant are living in the past and deluded.

Or if it''s the 2 of them as co-managers that won't happen either, both having been their own man for many years now.

The reason we have shit players and an unproven manager is mainly down to Holt and the BOD, but also relative to our new found status as Div 3 stalwarts.

Give ém hell next week.         

This scenario has Hughes all over it for him ....me me me me and me

As for too big for league one, he spent years out the game then successful at Ross County to be pushed which I'm guessing for him being Hughes. I don't think league one is beyond him as there is obviously whispers about him keeping him out of jobs.

I don't think he will be entertained tho with the current board members

3 hours ago, Blame Me said:

The argument this board will likely make - and it's predecessor made - was there wasn't enough football knowledge after Alex Smith left and DoF is meant to advise and be the buffer between them and Sheerin at board level. However, Holt is not that man IMO. 

Holt doesn't want to manage anymore and his role effectively guarantees his  financial stability by not putting himself in the firing line.

M & M appointed Dec '19 and Holt Jan '21 - Ask when and why did the briefing against them begin as alluded to by McCracken. While Holt enjoys the ear of our board we're unlikely to see his departure.

I'll guess our board maybe sounding out new managers today even if they have no intention of sacking Sheerin, the Holt one is the easy one to sack but Holt seems to be accepted into the circle.

I see no reason for us to have a DOF, the recruitment part this season kinda suggests we don't and even Sheerin(his only decent soundbyte) said McInnes at Aberdeen did everything

2 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

There are 2 certainties in life:

1. Sheerin will be gone by early next week

2. The fan Q&A won’t go ahead with them running from the backlash 

I'm not sure either are certainties, I'm sure number two isn't. As mentioned above our board will be speaking amongst themselves, targeting and sounding out a new manager which might not even see the light of day.

If Sheerin remains then I can't see us getting more than 2pts in our next two games, formations are partially crucial but it's how you attack and defend in them that matter more and that part is his failure, not helped with shit recruitment but you can polish it with better management skills.

We seem to go every week now with a must win game, by fuk we are in the third division, top two budget and we are one of the two full time teams.

Sheerin had to start well and roll on it to be successful, the shit has hit the fan and it's clear to see he hasn't got a clue what he is doing when the chips are down.

Its unfortunate we have two away games up coming but I'm sure results in those games will see Sheerin away if he survives this week