The Falkirk FC Thread

22 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Get Holt Out.

Progress requires action, our first milestone is getting Holt ‘in the sea’ imo. Do it now.

I'm amazed there is not complete uproar regarding Holt. 

Who on earth needs a director of football at this level? His wage could be used on a decent player or two surely? Just doesn't make a lick of sense.

How can the board perceive he is doing an adequate job? Aye its funny for me but the whole thing is mind boggling from the outside.

I genuinely reckon Hughes thinks he's better than managing Falkirk in the third division and I think he's right.

Those thinking Rice would also come as his assistant are living in the past and deluded.

Or if it''s the 2 of them as co-managers that won't happen either, both having been their own man for many years now.

The reason we have shit players and an unproven manager is mainly down to Holt and the BOD, but also relative to our new found status as Div 3 stalwarts.

Give ém hell next week.         

Who on earth needs a director of football at this level? His wage could be used on a decent player or two surely? Just doesn't make a lick of sense.

The argument this board will likely make - and it's predecessor made - was there wasn't enough football knowledge after Alex Smith left and DoF is meant to advise and be the buffer between them and Sheerin at board level. However, Holt is not that man IMO. 

Holt doesn't want to manage anymore and his role effectively guarantees his  financial stability by not putting himself in the firing line.

M & M appointed Dec '19 and Holt Jan '21 - Ask when and why did the briefing against them begin as alluded to by McCracken. While Holt enjoys the ear of our board we're unlikely to see his departure.

If its true Gary Deans told fans Gary Holt signed all the players then both Holt and Deans positions are now surely untenable. Holt for presiding over the signing of poor players including his own son and Deans for allowing it to happen.

I am dubious a DOF is required in the top league in Scotland let alone league one. Save the wage, and invest in new academy or the first time squad.

At league one level managers or other staff coming to the club have to accept they may have to perform more than one role, we do not have the luxury of several staff for particular roles until we can justify it with our position in higher leagues.

I await with interest the outcome of Tuesdays meeting for the plan ahead.

Guest Caractacus Potts

Anyone got a wee reminder of the Rawlins big list of achievements from the last Q and A? Look forward to the update on Tuesday. 

The Falkirk Supporters Society launched their website etc yesterday, essentially looking for a monthly donation to buy at least 7.5% of the club and have a seat(s) on the board in the future.
What do folk think of this initiative? I've always thought fan ownership is the way for Scottish clubs to go but this stops short of that with the "three legged stool" model. Anyone with more experience of board interaction able to give some insight over the possible influence a group like that might have?

https://falkirksupporters.org/

Guest Caractacus Potts
9 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

The argument this board will likely make - and it's predecessor made - was there wasn't enough football knowledge after Alex Smith left and DoF is meant to advise and be the buffer between them and Sheerin at board level. However, Holt is not that man IMO. 

Holt doesn't want to manage anymore and his role effectively guarantees his  financial stability by not putting himself in the firing line.

M & M appointed Dec '19 and Holt Jan '21 - Ask when and why did the briefing against them begin as alluded to by McCracken. While Holt enjoys the ear of our board we're unlikely to see his departure.

They had Alex Totten at the club. Sure he would have enjoyed hearing them say they required football knowledge within the club.

The board should be able to utilise contacts. There will be several out there who won’t be looking for £50k in return. In fact the Rawlins themselves were supposed to be steeped in football contacts. Christ they even have a football agent within their group. What benefit are they bringing? Thought that was the whole clamour of bringing in their investment. 

There will also be a lengthy list of ex players who would be more than willing to help give any advice if required.

The board are just making a laughing stock of the club. Pretty evident from the last Q and A that they’re a bunch of mid-managers full of their own importance. The whole thing needs a shake up and not just appointing more pals or sycophants. Stop with all this management speak too with the arbitrary nonsense of 5 year plans and the like.  Looking more likely to get relegated at this stage so how does that factor in!?

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

I'm amazed there is not complete uproar regarding Holt. 

Who on earth needs a director of football at this level? His wage could be used on a decent player or two surely? Just doesn't make a lick of sense.

How can the board perceive he is doing an adequate job? Aye its funny for me but the whole thing is mind boggling from the outside.

Not purely the DoF role being required. You can map a noticeable difference in results from the day and second the guy walked in. 

He should be no where near our club. Wasn’t well thought of when he was manager, comes across as an arrogant p***k, and has a fucking killie tattoo (which is not really an issue but it bugs me massively personally)

I wouldn’t hire him for ‘first team coach’ never mind a DoF role FFS. He’s so well thought of in the game he has got zero recruitment from his ‘contacts’. The only thing he has done right was get someone else to Do academy recruitment who knows what they are doing.

The guy should be managing a pub team, if that.

17 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

They had Alex Totten at the club. Sure he would have enjoyed hearing them say they required football knowledge within the club...

Yet we also had Alex Smith at the same time Totts was there so that implies there was another reason he wasn't involved.

As for management speak and 5-year plans it all makes sense when you realise what Gary Deans background is. 

Guest Ecosse83

There are 2 certainties in life:

1. Sheerin will be gone by early next week

2. The fan Q&A won’t go ahead with them running from the backlash 

There are 2 certainties in life:
1. Sheerin will be gone by early next week
2. The fan Q&A won’t go ahead with them running from the backlash 
Aye. Sheerin emptied, now too busy doing a really really thorough* search to ensure the right candidates are identified and bla bla bla to meet the fans

*aye ok Gary**

**Either Gary, both*** are snake oil selling tools of the highest order.

***can f**k off out of our club.

52 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Not purely the DoF role being required. You can map a noticeable difference in results from the day and second the guy walked in. 

He should be no where near our club. Wasn’t well thought of when he was manager, comes across as an arrogant p***k, and has a fucking killie tattoo (which is not really an issue but it bugs me massively personally)

I wouldn’t hire him for ‘first team coach’ never mind a DoF role FFS. He’s so well thought of in the game he has got zero recruitment from his ‘contacts’. The only thing he has done right was get someone else to Do academy recruitment who knows what they are doing.

The guy should be managing a pub team, if that.

Don’t hold back. 

If the Americans were, quite ridiculously, given 'control' for the princely sum of a new 5 bedroom detached in Kinnaird, then how much are those still holding the majority of the shares looking for to walk? 

The spiralling decline of the club, and its not bottomed out yet remember, surely makes the valuation a fraction of what it could have been a few years ago. 

Just as shares rise and fall in the stock exchange, surely Falkirk FC with its part owned stadium, third tier status and absolutely no saleable playing assets must be worth little? 

The share value must have decimated. On that basis, why don't those really in control cash in their diminishing pile of chips and let some others give it a go for a realistic price? 

They won't though, because they're power hungry, greedy egotists! 

11 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Don’t hold back. 

Why should I? Football all about opinions, blah blah and there is mine above. Im sure plenty will agree and disagree but that’s how I feel about the club I followed my whole life. I’ve given more to FFC and will probably continue to do so than anything that man could possibly ever give. Get him right to f**k. 

If the guy is moved on or leaves I’ll be happy. I wish him no Ill, but there is no way he should be anywhere near Falkirk FC. 

9 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

It's called professional courtesy you clown. Two players go down for the same team, you'll often see both physios helping out. 

As for your cramp comments, like it'd have made any difference. I'd have thought you'd have been pleased with a pause in the slaughter that went on today. 

You've bigger fish to fry than physios helping other teams and refs not getting a' fecking grip'. 

Christ someone should be in a far better mood after their team played well yesterday.  My gripe is that the boy deliberaty crawled back on to the bloody pitch but then for some reason couldn't crawl back off again.  It's a deliberate act to stop the bloody game. Now yesterday we were beaten soundly by far the better team I have no complaints about that but I don't see why we should be helping treat a guy on the pitch who has managed to get himself back on it for the sole reason but to waste bloody time. Why he and the goalie who was booked for it we're wasting time was completely beyond me as Airdrie were far more likely to score more goals than concede so it was a crazy booking to get in the circumstances.