The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Your talking out your arse man. Two years ago there were 40 or so supporters with a bob or two and hundreds of other fans were prepared to pony up the thick end of 800 grand for the MSG to take a dilution in their shareholding. This year a dozen or so supporters were prepared to pony up over 500 grand, in return for a stake places on the board and some management changes, so don’t say there aren’t people prepared to put their money where there mouth is. 

Don’t try and lecture some of these folks they wouldn’t have the ability to administer a third division football club. As they would tie the current incumbents in knots.

Introduce yourself on Tuesday Bairnschild and you’ll be shot down in flames.

Gary will be at the top table

Heartbreaking to see the mess we are in. We had 4 weeks where it looked like we might have turned a corner (on the park at least) but we’ve been found out and have no answers.

Sheerin claimed in his first interview that he is responsible for recruitment but it appears Deans has contradicted this today. If Holt has signed all of these players then he doesn’t have a leg to stand on. If Sheerin’s only responsibility is picking the team and style of play then he doesn’t have a leg to stand on. Deans doesn’t have a leg to stand on anyway after overseeing one shambles after another. The players have down tooled since Alloa and should be ashamed.

Our club is rotten from top to bottom. 

So is it still too much tippy tappy stuff or do we ever try and mix it up?

Today was the closest I came to attending this season but thankfully, with this shower, I didn’t.

We get pressed high from goal kicks, every player marked and still we play it short then lose the ball in our half and then that’s just repeated again if hit through the game. Then we’ve got captain Hetherington just generally being absolutely fucking horrendous a complete passenger in the middle of the park and Brad fucking McKay’s hilarious attempts at passing the ball and defending. We’ve had our share of horrendous centre backs in recent years (Dallison, Harrison, McKenna, Buchanan, Durnan) but McKay is comfortably worse than them all. Like it’s not even close or up for debate.

just watched sheerins interview. painful. we need to sacrifice up top to become tighter at the back! another negative approach. this isn't the premier league. can't believe the result of today's game is we need to sacrifice up top.  Dixon and Krasniqi not starting would be where I'd start to look at improving things. what does Krasniqi have to do to start? hetherington, despite a truly brutal run of results gets picked every week. 

nothing other than deans, Holt and sheerin going will get me back. get the rawlins out too and TNB in. fresh start needed

Heartbreaking to see the mess we are in. We had 4 weeks where it looked like we might have turned a corner (on the park at least) but we’ve been found out and have no answers.
Sheerin claimed in his first interview that he is responsible for recruitment but it appears Deans has contradicted this today. If Holt has signed all of these players then he doesn’t have a leg to stand on. If Sheerin’s only responsibility is picking the team and style of play then he doesn’t have a leg to stand on. Deans doesn’t have a leg to stand on anyway after overseeing one shambles after another. The players have down tooled since Alloa and should be ashamed.

There’s absolutely no chance that Sheerin didn’t sign at the very least Seb Ross and Michael Ruth.

2 minutes ago, Russ said:

We get pressed high from goal kicks, every player marked and still we play it short then lose the ball in our half and then that’s just repeated again if hit through the game. Then we’ve got captain Hetherington just generally being absolutely fucking horrendous a complete passenger in the middle of the park and Brad fucking McKay’s hilarious attempts at passing the ball and defending. We’ve had our share of horrendous centre backs in recent years (Dallison, Harrison, McKenna, Buchanan, Durnan) but McKay is comfortably worse than them all. Like it’s not even close or up for debate.

That really does beggar belief.

20 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Think you've summed up the situation pretty accurately. You can chuck the Rawlins firmly into the mix, given that they were involved in the recruitment of Holt and are apparently in thrall to Deans and his crew. Like most, I had some expectation and hope that they would effect meaningful and long overdue changes, but what a massive disappointment, a complete and utter non-event. I presume the context of Deans' reported comment today was some sort of defence of Sheerin. However, in doing so, he's effectively placing the blame for the on-field shambles pretty squarely on the Sporting Director's shoulders, the insinuation being that recruitment has been his responsibility and his alone, which I do not believe anyway given the signings of the likes of Ross and Ruth. And even if there is truth to it, it doesn't really do Sheerin many favours anyway, painting him in the role of a puppet, as what would be the point of him overseeing trialists in training and friendlies if Holt is making the final decision on who to award contracts to? 

It's one unholy mess, a total muddle. Far too many cooks. I'm not sure I see any real way out, short of a change of ownership and completely fresh blood at the top to untangle this labyrinth structure piece by piece and streamline the whole structure. And that is never, ever happening.

By the way, there was a shout towards the physio towards the end of the game today from the South Stand that was totally unacceptable.

It’s bad enough going to the games just now without stuff getting shouted at the physio for f**k’s sake.

Total neanderthal behaviour.

5 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

By the way, there was a shout towards the physio towards the end of the game today from the South Stand that was totally unacceptable.

It’s bad enough going to the games just now without stuff getting shouted at the physio for f**k’s sake.

Total neanderthal behaviour.

Certainly not condoning any abuse as it's not her fault but why the feck were we sending our physio on to tend to some Airdrie player who deliberately crawled back on to the bloody pitch to time waste.   Refs need to get a feckin grip on cramp too. Get them off the bloody park and play on.

We have become a basket case of a club. 

Illusions of grandeur mean we appoint a CEO, operate a DoF and have a head coach answerable to the DoF. 

This is third tier Scottish football ffs! 

Sacking Sheerin would be merely rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. 

The same wage thieves would still consistute the playing squad, the same charlatans would still hold the shares and the same lackeys would still be flouncing around with their club ties on thinking what a great job they're doing. 

With that in mind, there still exists the possibility that we could be a division below Kelty Hearts next season and facing a trip to Bonnyrigg Rose. 

How sobering and pathetic does that make our 'Premier League' ambitions look? 

Guest Caractacus Potts
27 minutes ago, Top of Meeks Road said:

We have become a basket case of a club. 

Illusions of grandeur mean we appoint a CEO, operate a DoF and have a head coach answerable to the DoF. 

This is third tier Scottish football ffs! 

Sacking Sheerin would be merely rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. 

The same wage thieves would still consistute the playing squad, the same charlatans would still hold the shares and the same lackeys would still be flouncing around with their club ties on thinking what a great job they're doing. 

With that in mind, there still exists the possibility that we could be a division below Kelty Hearts next season and facing a trip to Bonnyrigg Rose. 

How sobering and pathetic does that make our 'Premier League' ambitions look? 

I can’t get my head round how they went from appointing a general manager as noted in the last Q and A to then appointing a CEO. What’s the difference? Seem to be awash with high management titles. 

Nothing against the appointment but seems to sum up the management of the club, trying to perceive us as something we’re not. Can’t organise a friendly, can’t hold a live zoom Q and A and can’t pick 2 shirts that don’t clash amongst so many others that are easy to forget given our levels of incompetence. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Certainly not condoning any abuse as it's not her fault but why the feck were we sending our physio on to tend to some Airdrie player who deliberately crawled back on to the bloody pitch to time waste.   Refs need to get a feckin grip on cramp too. Get them off the bloody park and play on.

It's called professional courtesy you clown. Two players go down for the same team, you'll often see both physios helping out. 

As for your cramp comments, like it'd have made any difference. I'd have thought you'd have been pleased with a pause in the slaughter that went on today. 

You've bigger fish to fry than physios helping other teams and refs not getting a' fecking grip'. 

Edited by Glenmavis Diamond

9 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Whoever thought it was a good idea to give Brad Mckay a three year deal needs to be taken out the back of the stadium and shot. An utterly atrocious “footballer” who belongs in the juniors at the very best.

Ah, but only the carrot of a three year deal would bring a player of Brad’s calibre to L1. Yet our mob are still trying to sing the praises of their fabulous new recruiting system when in fact, given the resources thrown at it, makes Hartley’s “bought unseen” squad seem almost not so bad.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

It's 2:37am. I'm currently in bed with the worst head cold imaginable. I had to go to bed at 7:30pm last night and woke an hour ago. I can barely breath, my pulse is over 100. I ache everywhere, my throat feels like I've swallowed ground glass and I'm taken way too much Sudafed, Cavona, Strepsils and a nasal spray just to get through.

Yet as bad as I feel I know this will pass, unlike the utter drivel that FFC have passed off as a well run club for the past 6 or 7 years..

Even when Houstie had us going for promotion and the highs and lows of the Hibs and Killie games etc the board were still a shambles. We're enduring some of the worst management from a BOD I can remember in the 35+ years I've been regularly going to games.

For those going to the Q&A, rip them a new one, assuming it's not cancelled tomorrow