The Falkirk FC Thread

I’ve never seen a player interview up after a game before the manager’s before. 
Perhaps an indication that Sheerin is for the high jump.

Well Lewis does mention in the interview that he’s already interviewed Sheerin before Martin so it’s either still getting edited or being held back.

I'm not a Falkirk supporter but I'm being dragged to your Stadium for Hospitality on the 11th of December v Cove.Was hoping for a good day out.But all I've seen recently is board out Sheerin out Holt out ie negativity.Is it that bad at your club.Not patronising you guys but surely somethings not right at the FFS.My boss is a Bairns diehard,and I've got to face him Monday morning.FFS Falkirk waken up and smell the coffee.The stature of your club is at stake here.Your bigger than this.I really wish you guys well.

Guest Caractacus Potts
45 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Is that right that McInnes has been at our last two home games?

If you’re implying there is some connection to the job then no chance. Sheerin stated recently that McInnes did everything at Aberdeen so before you even consider him dropping to a League One club, there’s no chance he’d work under a SD with a fraction of his managerial experience. 

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Deans getting it tight after the match telling folk that sheerin never signed a single player.

So the chairman is admitting that the Sporting Director has signed a bunch of duds then?

It’s all going well.

That interview…. I feel sorry for Sheerin but the we might need to sacrifice something up top to shore things up at the back suggests we had something up front to start with. I think it’s clear from today that Keena for 90 mins is not the not the answer. 

22 minutes ago, virginton said:

No, they're not.

I'd disagree Ton.Teams like Livi County etc haven't the backing continously theve got unfortunately. Their obviously going through a tough period.I kinda get the impression they think they should stroll out of this league with the resources they have at this level.But their not.IMO.

Just now, Rocco said:

Does anyone on here actually think Ruth was better than Keena today? I didn’t think Keena had a great game but my god Ruth was atrocious

If we had anyone else, I would drop both of them. Too much is being expected of Ruth, he’s a young guy who has very little first team experience. That’s ok if you have an experienced striker to help him, but we made a mess of that in the summer ‘recruitment’ unfortunately 

Is Sheerin definitely getting his jotters tomorrow or is it more just people hoping?

He was linked to the Ayr job (and was interviewed maybe) and I can’t say I had any real opinion on him. All I had heard was he had an Arbroath team playing well a few years ago albeit in League 2 and was known for working well with younger players.

The issue you’re probably going to have is Gary Holt. He’s been a manager and probably would like to again so there’s a fair chance he’ll butt heads with most managers if he disagrees with them. You can probably rule out getting a more experienced head in the dugout whilst Holt is DOF.