The Falkirk FC Thread

Sheerin has to go for me as to have 1 win in 6 at this level is nowhere near good enough.
Ultimately though the issue is yet again poor recruitment. When you’re bringing on Ompreon, McGuffie and Ross to rescue a game, you know there’s an issue.
Even with a new manager I don’t see where the goals are going to come from as we don’t have a goal scorer at the club. 

The only thing Keena did today was give the ball away. He’s another one who’s not good enough despite the bizarre hero worship.
Keena is the most obvious candidate for this years potential clearout to go away and do fine at a higher level. He currently, like so many other in the very recent past, is better than we are seeing IMO.

I dont know how or why this keeps happening, but its absolutely, cast in stone undeniable, that we consistently bring in players, see them underperform, then empty them straight into consistent game time at a higher level. Its happening too often to be coincidental. It will need someone cleverer than me to explain why, but there are too many shining examples every fucking week.

I havent actually looked from FT, but a quick scan of the Championship at HT today showed a goal for Muirhead and an assist for Connolly.

Now im not saying Aero didnt need emptied, but what we got from him towards the end was just another example of what we have been getting from dozens of players every year since 2017.

It quite simply cannot be a coincidence. The club is fucking poison.

Eta just looked you can add an Anton Dowds goal to that.

I have backed the manager over the last few weeks but that backing ends tonight. That performance was gutless and clueless. To drop our best defender whilst watching Brad McKay ‘try’ and defend takes the piss. 

We need major change, above Sheerin. McKinnon didn’t work, M & M didn’t work, countless squads haven’t worked so something else needs to change. 

Tuesday should be interesting and we shouldn’t let them away with anything.

Edited by Tea and Busquets

There will be change but in the following form.

Tthe Q&A will be cancelled. It's what I expect our tinpot leadership to do following the sacking of Paul Sheerin (while keeping Gary Holt in his spot). This will be the appointment of Yogi or Rice (not both). If it's the latter, expect Deans to take to the airwaves, sports pages to talk about second chances.

Perhaps the Rawlins are building up to consolidate their hold. Of course, they're going to say the board are very professional, it's the American way of being positive outwards (never met one who when asked "how are you" responded with "well, where to start" -maybe it's a U.S Bairn)

One other thing: I see the website updated the obituary for John Gillen. They did take out the phrase referring to less than 1000 and replaced with "The club finished that season in a very disappointing ninth place and changes were inevitable."

Who the hell cares how we did then! It is not about Falkirk but about someone who has passed away and served the club, even for a short time. Disrespectful, and another example of how our club, as Premiership as the powers that be try to tell us, are amateurs-in-waiting.

Edited by Taxi for De Massis

Terminal decline. 

Two words that underline our predicament at present. 

Who's to blame? 

Where do we start but the infamous 'next level' pish was the start of it all. 

We really could be in the 4th tier next year with this gang of boardroom charlatans and on-field fraudsters! 

How bad will it need to get before we take up the fight to save our club? 

Sad times 

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Keena is the most obvious candidate for this years potential clearout to go away and do fine at a higher level. He currently, like so many other in the very recent past, is better than we are seeing IMO.

I dont know how or why this keeps happening, but its absolutely, cast in stone undeniable, that we consistently bring in players, see them underperform, then empty them straight into consistent game time at a higher level. Its happening too often to be coincidental. It will need someone cleverer than me to explain why, but there are too many shining examples every fucking week.

I havent actually looked from FT, but a quick scan of the Championship at HT today showed a goal for Muirhead and an assist for Connolly.

Now im not saying Aero didnt need emptied, but what we got from him towards the end was just another example of what we have been getting from dozens of players every year since 2017.

It quite simply cannot be a coincidence. The club is fucking poison.

Eta just looked you can add an Anton Dowds goal to that.

Davis keillor Dunn scored at least a couple today, as did Nathan Austin last night. ex players have been prolific this season (which backs your point)

24 minutes ago, Rugster said:

We can’t keep sacking managers 

You can if you keep appointing utter duds and hopelessly out-of-their depth diddies. Of course, those clowns who do the appointing should, at this very moment, be considering their own positions and the contribution they have made in dragging this club to scarcely imaginable depths. Hell will freeze over. I'd imagine there will be a hell of a lot of wagon circling over the next few days, with the bunker mentality again to the fore. All about protecting positions from here.

For all that, Sheerin is patently underachieving, patently clueless, patently unsuited to the role. The death knell of McKinnon's reign at Dumbarton two years ago had an air of finality about it, but today was on a whole different level. Ten League One games in and we've already lost four, three of them at home. I wouldn't be thrilled with that record over the course of a season. By mid-October is simply indefinsible. On top of that, we haven't scored a goal in the first half of any league game since the 14th August. Shameful stuff. A decent guy with a background primarily in youth coaching, but never a manager. We've been here before I think. I'd be astonished if that isn't Eddie Sheerin's last game in charge. 

I always find it a bit jarring to shout for somebody to lose their job and I am sure Sheerin is trying his best but that has to be the end for him. I have no idea who we would get to replace him but what he is trying clearly isn't working and doesn't look like it will any time soon.

Binning Holt seems like a good idea too. A club at our level could spend his wage far more usefully. I wouldn't be averse to Yogi and Rice coming back as I can't see what we would have to lose by giving them a shot. We are not an attractive proposition and have rarely in the last couple of years looked any better than a mid table third tier side. I can't even get annoyed about it anymore.  I am in the acceptance stage now. 

Edited by Swordfishtrombone
Grammar

1 minute ago, AGPar said:

You can if you keep appointing utter duds and hopelessly out-of-their depth diddies. Of course, those clowns who do the appointing should, at this very moment, be considering their own positions and the contribution they have made in dragging this club to scarcely imaginable depths. Hell will freeze over. I'd imagine there will be a hell of a lot of wagon circling over the next few days, with the bunker mentality again to the fore. All about protecting positions from here.

For all that, Sheerin is patently underachieving, patently clueless, patently unsuited to the role. The death knell of McKinnon's reign at Dumbarton two years ago had an air of finality about it, but today was on a whole different level. Ten League One games in and we've already lost four, three of them at home. I wouldn't be thrilled with that record over the course of a season. By mid-October is simply indefinsible. On top of that, we haven't scored a goal in the first half of any league game since the 14th August. Shameful stuff. A decent guy with a background primarily in youth coaching, but never a manager. We've been here before I think. I'd be astonished if that isn't Eddie Sheerin's last game in charge. 

Sacking Sheerin reinforces the perception ( which is correct ) FFC are a hire and fire outfit.

So there ain't going to be a big pool of managers that will look at us because of it. That's Sheerin's managerial career over for example.

If we do sack him and its a big if - then there has to be someone in the pipeline that can be announced next day. For no other reason time is not on our side and cannot afford to fanny about for 2,3,4,5, weeks.

It's got to be Yogi !

17 minutes ago, Top of Meeks Road said:

Terminal decline. 

Two words that underline our predicament at present. 

Who's to blame? 

Where do we start but the infamous 'next level' pish was the start of it all. 

We really could be in the 4th tier next year with this gang of boardroom charlatans and on-field fraudsters! 

How bad will it need to get before we take up the fight to save our club? 

Sad times 

Worse than the post Cunningham wilderness years in the 70's

Edited by HopeStreetWalker

11 minutes ago, AGPar said:

I've never got the 'you can't keep sacking managers ' point. You absolutely can and should if they're utter diddies who are dragging you down. 

33 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Sheerin has to go for me as to have 1 win in 6 at this level is nowhere near good enough.

Ultimately though the issue is yet again poor recruitment. When you’re bringing on Ompreon, McGuffie and Ross to rescue a game, you know there’s an issue.

Even with a new manager I don’t see where the goals are going to come from as we don’t have a goal scorer at the club. 

The only thing Keena did today was give the ball away. He’s another one who’s not good enough despite the bizarre hero worship.

A new manager could bring in far more structure to our game play, a midfield 3 of which two of them drop back to sit, we can't pass a ball to each other unless we outnumber the opposition in our own half, the free kick near the end where we made two passes afore hoofing it summed us up and a new manager could play our best players in their best positions.

I'm guessing Dixon was out because he spoke his mind and Sheerin can't handle experienced pros, common ground with a new manager see Hartley with Kerr and Miller.

I wanted Sheerin to succeed, by fuk if we had Jim Leishman as manager I'd want him to succeed but it's time for Sheerin to go now. We don't even have WIP tag to hold on to with him as we get worse week by week. The players getting more time off after scraping a win against East Fife, that was shown today that was fruitful 

Maybe we wouldn't need to keep sacking managers if they weren't useless at their job.
The last two hirings have, in the cold light of day been disastrous experiments.

That also needs addressed tbh.

And before that, a more established manager was hired in a way that cost us a fucking fortune.

We keep sacking them because we keep making a riproaring c**t of hiring them.

The people running this club are a long long eay short of being as clever as they think they are l.

Just to be clear I want him out. Immediately. I thought that was clear from my post but I just don’t like the idea of us becoming like Watford with 8 managers in 4 years. No option at the moment though. 

Guest Ecosse83

Have to say I felt sorry for Sheerin today, looks so far out of his depth in this role it’s unreal. I hope he is put out his misery tonight and finds a job suitable soon enough, although if Holt and Deans don’t follow then it might not matter who’s in charge on a Saturday anyway! 

Edited by Ecosse83

Really wanted Sheerin to succeed and initially it looked like he just might but it is now blindingly obvious that he is in a tailspin of failure.

Time for him to go but we all know there is a cancer at the heart of the club which is rapidly becoming terminal.

The atmosphere about the place is completely toxic.

It’s been years in the making and is certainly not helping the players but it’s understandable and it does not excuse the manager’s inability to do the job he is paid to do and it certainly doesn’t excuse the performance which was among the worst I’ve witnessed down there - and that is saying something.