The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Can sum up the last few pages on here with it's great when your team (Scotland or Falkirk) plays well and is winning and rubbish when they're not. 

Waiting for tomorrow's team news, surely Sheerin has to play Kenna and Ruth together up front? Would be making a big rod for his back if he doesn't and it goes wrong.

Thing is, it's a win-win for him because if he plays 2 up front and we win it's down to his tactics whereas if we lose he can say 'told you so'!

4 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Can sum up the last few pages on here with it's great when your team (Scotland or Falkirk) plays well and is winning and rubbish when they're not. 

Waiting for tomorrow's team news, surely Sheerin has to play Kenna and Ruth together up front? Would be making a big rod for his back if he doesn't and it goes wrong.

He'll already have made a big rod for his back  as soon as the team lines are out. I think by now we all know he's stubborn. He'll start with one up then it'll be send in the cavalry to try n salvage something late on. That's if Airdrie aren't out of sight by then. I actually fear we could be on the wrong end of a thumping tomorrow. Especially if we play like we did in first 45 mins against East Fife.

Edited by ebobsboy

6 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I see Sheerin has referred to Williamson as a ‘long term’ injury so doesn’t sound like he’ll be back anytime soon.

Horrible that we will have to endure Miller masquerading as an acceptable right back for the foreseeable in his absence.

He's been a chronic signing if he can't stay fit, but TBF to him he's looked not bad when he's played certainly better than the other full back we signed who looks absolutely terrified to get forward and take his man on. And gets caught out with any ball over or in behind him. It'll be interesting if Sheerin goes with Dixon at left back against Airdrie even if McCann is fit given Airdrie targeted him at every opportunity last time. 

Edited by ebobsboy

On 13/10/2021 at 01:51, Duncan Freemason said:

That’s the frustrating part. Sheerin is not the cause of our ills. That belongs firmly with our BoD. However, Sheerin is making it pretty easy for them to lay the blame at his door by his frustrating team selections. For me, he near enough jumped the shark when expressed his disappointment at the manner in which we rescued a point at Montrose. 
The nagging doubt is just how much meddling is going on behind the scenes by Gary Holt. I have never felt overly convinced by the manner of his appointment (and even more uncomfortable with the people who appointed him).

Getting beat by Airdrie would pretty much put the tin lid on Sheerin’s time in charge (if he ever was really in charge of anything).

I think we will win with another unconvincing display.

Holt Out

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

He's been a chronic signing if he can't stay fit, but TBF to him he's looked not bad when he's played certainly better than the other full back we signed who looks absolutely terrified to get forward and take his man on. And gets caught out with any ball over or in behind him. It'll be interesting if Sheerin goes with Dixon at left back against Airdrie even if McCann is fit given Airdrie targeted him at every opportunity last time. 

He didn't play a lot for thistle either. We should've at least ensured we had a decent backup if we were signing him but instead we didn't bother our arse. 

Guest Back Post Misses
59 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

Probably the reason Thistle let him leave

I doubt injury record was left off the “look at every aspect of a player” in this case 

22 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

They always had great team spirit under the likes of brown and Roxburgh.  In fact in those days you seldom got players pulling out for hee haw or retiring from international football in their early thirties.  Used to always be that Scotland retired the player by not picking them not the other way round.

Good point Brown did well but Ormond's squad were in a different class with that never say die attitude.

As for Roxburgh well Gough had a different take on it but to be fair they did the business on the park.

Oh for the 74 squad now  !

6 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Thing is, it's a win-win for him because if he plays 2 up front and we win it's down to his tactics whereas if we lose he can say 'told you so'!

If Sheerin is watching that Partick performance tonight, I reckon he will be raging at the way McCall has set out his team. I am sure he’ll feel that McCall has failed to apply the teachings of Largs.

Stuart Taylor's, who seemed like our frontrunner for long enough, not having a good time of it at Accies. Scudded 6-1 at home to Partick tonight. That being said Rice never exactly left him much to work with.

Edited by FFC 1876

11 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Two up top is not the way Sheerin wants to play he wants runners of a central striker. Too many on here telling him how to do his job. It’s too early to say if his more fluid football plan will work or not but he is an accomplished coach and tactician with very specific ideas on how he wants the game played. I’m still supporting his selected style as overall we are creating more chances .with a few breaks it will all come together and someone will get a doin Hopefully Airdrie