The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, falkirkzombie said:

Saturday's game was absolutely fantastic, came away feeling lucky to be there, it was very much a welcome break from the pish we get served up at TFS.

Agreed,  certainly the first time in a while that I've been entertained at a game. 

15 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

That’s the frustrating part. Sheerin is not the cause of our ills. That belongs firmly with our BoD. However, Sheerin is making it pretty easy for them to lay the blame at his door by his frustrating team selections. For me, he near enough jumped the shark when expressed his disappointment at the manner in which we rescued a point at Montrose. 
The nagging doubt is just how much meddling is going on behind the scenes by Gary Holt. I have never felt overly convinced by the manner of his appointment (and even more uncomfortable with the people who appointed him).

Getting beat by Airdrie would pretty much put the tin lid on Sheerin’s time in charge (if he ever was really in charge of anything).

I think we will win with another unconvincing display.

If that is the case and Sheerin does not have complete control of team matters them more fool him for not insisting on that when he took the job.

Therefore in this instance I disagree with you. Sheerin by not laying down the lay before he took the job is in the BoD camp when it comes to taking the blame.

In the wonderful book 'The 3 Kings' Shankly, Busby, Stein had control over all matters regarding the playing side and woe betide any director that crossed the line - they were soon told and in many instances in public.

3 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

I' m the opposite. I really enjoy the international breaks.

I got a buzz from Saturdays game that I have not had watching Falkirk since 2016. 

Watching Falkirk now is just going through the motions. Its an excuse to get the house and nothing more and looking at the crowds so far we are teetering on a cliff edge. Once winter hits we are looking at PATG numbers in the very low hundreds and ST holders who will probably settle for Falkirk TV with the fire on. 

Christ it's twenty odd years since I got excited about a Scotland match.  Last nights effort against the hundred eighteenth rated side in the world was brutal. Back in those days scraping a result against the 80th ranked side in the world was seen as not good enough. Now it's celebrated like we've won something. It's hard enough watching the bairns never mind that bunch these days.  

Edited by Shadwell Dog

17 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Christ it's twenty odd years since I got excited about a Scotland match.  Last nights effort against the hundred eighteenth rated side in the world was brutal. Back in those days scraping a result against the 80th ranked side in the world was seen as not good enough. Now it's celebrated like we've won something. It's hard enough watching the bairns never mind that bunch these days.  

At this rate it will be twenty odd years until we get excited about another Falkirk match. 

42 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Are you ever happy about anything?

18 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Are you ever happy about anything?

Of course I am.  Football is a real struggle these days when you are a Falkirk and Scotland supporter though Two piss poor teams that used to be half decent and are great at getting your hopes up just to dash then back on to the rocks of despair.  Must be boring being a fan of successful teams but it would be nice for a change.

40 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

At this rate it will be twenty odd years until we get excited about another Falkirk match. 

At least if we had the right manager in charge we could actually start moving back up the leagues again

Scotland could have pep guardiola in charge and they'd still be shite these days.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We did win something, namely the match 

12 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

We did win something, namely the match 

Aye just ,against 80th ranked srael and the 118th ranked  faroes.  Let's face it when your having to play punters like grant Hanley you're never going to get anywhere.  We used to be spoilt for choice for centre Half's and centre forwards and now we're really  scraping the bottom of the barrell.  I've not got a problem with folk getting excited about these games but I've been through the mill with Scotland when we've had far better sides than this  which culminated in standing in a stadium in st etienne after a 3 0 dribbling by morocco so  I tend to now not get my hopes up and let them surprise me.

On a brighter note tickets available for the grill the board night from 7pm tonight.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

5 hours ago, fuzzydunlop said:

Aye but to be honest watching the Scotland v Faroes game last night felt more like watching Falkirk.  A game we expected to win comfortably that within 20 minutes we're on the ropes and resorting to clueless high punts forward.

Difference being Scotland actually won.

Interestingly when we went two up front we got the goal 

Guest Caractacus Potts
4 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

They'll be praying for a win Saturday or they'll get pelters.

Should be getting pelters anyway. Even if we beat Airdrie, as I imagine we will, we’re only in it due to other teams being equally as poor. 

11 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Should be getting pelters anyway. Even if we beat Airdrie, as I imagine we will, we’re only in it due to other teams being equally as poor. 

Of course but you know that a decent result will have the happy clappers back on side and saying oh give them time and all that pish so the level of vitriol will be much less after.beating Airdrie than losing to them.

15 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Only when he's ripped the last steak bake out of greggs having overheard the person directly behind him raving profusely about how much they are craving a steak bake.

More of a sandwich man myself . Their Mexican chicken wraps are very tasty.