The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

He can only work with the squad he has but that is no excuse as he knew that when he took the job. With the exception of 3 or 4 if the rest left they would be no great loss if we got promoted.

Airdrie is never an easy game and if we come away with a point I would take it.

Sad how your expectations drop - taking a draw at Airdrie dear oh dear

It’s a home game, so a draw would not be a great result tbh.

"looked good. Young manager, very modern, experienced coach, analytical. Shame he was so shite, totally unwilling to change tactics that so obviously weren't working.

Does it really matter who they appoint? They have proved conclusively that they couldn't pick their nose let alone a successful manager.

The people responsible for this mess will be the same people choosing the man to get us out of this mess".

Paul Sheerin and the Falkirk board?

No, just been onto the Carlisle United Fans Forum where they are discussing their recently sacked manager, the board and their decision making process in bringing in a new manager.

We Are Not Alone!

18 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Great to see this again but am I alone in thinking that the football being played was actually pretty poor?

Falkirk 2-2 East Fife.

A fantastic day/night all told. Prior to kick-off several teams could have finished 2nd. Even East Fife with a 6-0 victory!

As it transpired, avoiding that 6-0 was all that was required but we didn’t know that at the time.

Stevie Kirk header rebounding off the post into Geordie’s arms at 2-2, anyone?

Guest Back Post Misses

I saw Morrison on Saturday night, walking ok without his crutches. 

He was certainly more stable on his feet than me 🍻

Edited by Back Post Misses

jjjjMemes, News, and Sorry: On April 18, 1930  the BBC announced "There  is no news today"  SORRY NOTHWG HAPPENED TODAY.  /didyouknowpagel  @didyouknowpage

As of today, 12th October 2021 at 16.48 UK time, the Falkirk thread has gone a whole 24 hours without a single post.

Are we becoming an apathetic fan-base with a resigned acceptance of our current, depressing situation?

And are we are now OFFICIALLY a Diddy Team, with fans posting as infrequently as the likes of Peterhead, Dumbarton and Cove supporters? No offence to Peterhead, Dumbarton and Cove fans, I respect and admire your loyalty.

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

jjjjMemes, News, and Sorry: On April 18, 1930  the BBC announced "There  is no news today"  SORRY NOTHWG HAPPENED TODAY.  /didyouknowpagel  @didyouknowpage

As of today, 12th October 2021 at 16.48 UK time, the Falkirk thread has gone a whole 24 hours without a single post.

Are we becoming an apathetic fan-base with a resigned acceptance of our current, depressing situation?

And are we are now OFFICIALLY a Diddy Team, with fans posting as infrequently as the likes of Peterhead, Dumbarton and Cove supporters? No offence to Peterhead, Dumbarton and Cove fans, I respect and admire your loyalty.

Think people are wrapped up focussing on the international fixtures? Not everyone’s cup of tea but I know lots of fans who are in the tartan army as well.

Noticed a thread on Twitter about games that had late winners and while the 2 Rangers games and the Hibs game are obvious contenders, there was also this one against Hearts that barely gets a mention that had us taking the lead then losing it and Mark Stewart coming back in the final minutes to seal it.

MStewart scoresvHearts4.jpg

The Bench celebratesvHearts8.jpg

8 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

Noticed a thread on Twitter about games that had late winners and while the 2 Rangers games and the Hibs game are obvious contenders, there was also this one against Hearts that barely gets a mention that had us taking the lead then losing it and Mark Stewart coming back in the final minutes to seal it.

MStewart scoresvHearts4.jpg

The Bench celebratesvHearts8.jpg

Arguably the best game seen at TFS so far.

On 09/10/2021 at 22:45, Duncan Freemason said:

If Airdrie leave with 3 points next week, then the alarm bells will be ringing big time. Thing is, they would only be ringing for Sheerin, and he is a symptom, he is not the illness itself, and never will be as long as upstairs are allowed to carry on as they are.

If Airdrie do win it's not a  surprise.  The first half against East Fife was absolutely shocking the fact we managed to scrape a win just bought Sheerin some time. Coat still very much on a shoogly peg for me. 

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

If Airdrie do win it's not a  surprise.  The first half against East Fife was absolutely shocking the fact we managed to scrape a win just bought Sheerin some time. Coat still very much on a shoogly peg for me. 

The annoying thing is that, if he simply played his best players in their best positions, his peg would be getting a few more screws rattled into it.

4 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

Think people are wrapped up focussing on the international fixtures? Not everyone’s cup of tea but I know lots of fans who are in the tartan army as well.

I'm the opposite , I go into a mini football shutdown during the international break as I hate it. The current set up is dreadful , too many games and too many breaks - the season only got going a few weeks in September and went into a break, now here we are again.. 

I only watch the tournaments now as at least there is excitement , I mean who on earth wants to watch England v Andorra - what is the actual point of that game.

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

The annoying thing is that, if he simply played his best players in their best positions, his peg would be getting a few more screws rattled into it.

That’s the frustrating part. Sheerin is not the cause of our ills. That belongs firmly with our BoD. However, Sheerin is making it pretty easy for them to lay the blame at his door by his frustrating team selections. For me, he near enough jumped the shark when expressed his disappointment at the manner in which we rescued a point at Montrose. 
The nagging doubt is just how much meddling is going on behind the scenes by Gary Holt. I have never felt overly convinced by the manner of his appointment (and even more uncomfortable with the people who appointed him).

Getting beat by Airdrie would pretty much put the tin lid on Sheerin’s time in charge (if he ever was really in charge of anything).

I think we will win with another unconvincing display.

11 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

I'm the opposite , I go into a mini football shutdown during the international break as I hate it. The current set up is dreadful , too many games and too many breaks - the season only got going a few weeks in September and went into a break, now here we are again.. 

I only watch the tournaments now as at least there is excitement , I mean who on earth wants to watch England v Andorra - what is the actual point of that game.

I'm with you. Hate international breaks and think the vast majority of football fans are beginning to feel that way.  Can't wait to get them out the way and get back to the bread n butter.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm with you. Hate international breaks and think the vast majority of football fans are beginning to feel that way.  Can't wait to get them out the way and get back to the bread n butter.

I' m the opposite. I really enjoy the international breaks.

I got a buzz from Saturdays game that I have not had watching Falkirk since 2016. 

Watching Falkirk now is just going through the motions. Its an excuse to get the house and nothing more and looking at the crowds so far we are teetering on a cliff edge. Once winter hits we are looking at PATG numbers in the very low hundreds and ST holders who will probably settle for Falkirk TV with the fire on. 

Edited by latapythelegend

52 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

Saturday's game was absolutely fantastic, came away feeling lucky to be there, it was very much a welcome break from the pish we get served up at TFS.

Aye but to be honest watching the Scotland v Faroes game last night felt more like watching Falkirk.  A game we expected to win comfortably that within 20 minutes we're on the ropes and resorting to clueless high punts forward.

Difference being Scotland actually won.

3 hours ago, fuzzydunlop said:

Aye but to be honest watching the Scotland v Faroes game last night felt more like watching Falkirk.  A game we expected to win comfortably that within 20 minutes we're on the ropes and resorting to clueless high punts forward.

Difference being Scotland actually won.

aye last night was a tough watch, easing us in gently to a return to the stadium on Sat.

Edited by falkirkzombie