The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Russ said:

One of the worst things I’ve noticed from Ruth so far is his constant diving. Got booked for it at Alloa, got away with a blatant dive up at Montrose and any chance he gets contact or not he’s chucking himself to the ground. He really needs to cut that shit out ASAP.

Sadly it's the new normal. If you can't get a shot at goal run into defender and pretend you have been shot

2 hours ago, Russ said:

One of the worst things I’ve noticed from Ruth so far is his constant diving. Got booked for it at Alloa, got away with a blatant dive up at Montrose and any chance he gets contact or not he’s chucking himself to the ground. He really needs to cut that shit out ASAP.

Part of the Aberdeen Football Clubs DNA

1 hour ago, keithgy said:

So sad that we have fallen so far with absolutely no-one ever being held responsible. Sure, football can be cyclic, but ours is one of chronic governance and management for a decade or more.

The real kicker is that it is still going on today. A Board near enough permanently devoid of the right sort of skills, and where we are is what we get.
Given that crowd numbers have not markedly diminished tells you that the standards that we see on the pitch are the standards we are collectively prepared to accept, so maybe we really do have the sort of Board we deserve.

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

So sad that we have fallen so far with absolutely no-one ever being held responsible. Sure, football can be cyclic, but ours is one of chronic governance and management for a decade or more.

The real kicker is that it is still going on today. A Board near enough permanently devoid of the right sort of skills, and where we are is what we get.
Given that crowd numbers have not markedly diminished tells you that the standards that we see on the pitch are the standards we are collectively prepared to accept, so maybe we really do have the sort of Board we deserve.

Is it sad that i have given up on the team we have?NO

Is it sad that i cannot bear going on a saturday?Yes

Lee Miller done it for years and he was a club hero!

Lee Miller done it for years and he was a club hero!

Nah there’s a world of difference between being clever with your body and making the most of contact which Miller was fantastic at to the blatant and needless diving under no contact at all that Ruth has been showing so far.

13 minutes ago, Russ said:

Nah there’s a world of difference between being clever with your body and making the most of contact which Miller was fantastic at to the blatant and needless diving under no contact at all that Ruth has been showing so far.

Big difference is miller won fouls whilst Ruth just gets himself booked.

3 hours ago, keithgy said:

Is it sad that i have given up on the team we have?NO

Is it sad that i cannot bear going on a saturday?Yes

Kind of where I am. Go to the more local away games and stream the further afield ones. The club is the club, and given that I was at both games in the Final in 57 (no memory of them whatsoever given I was two years old), that affection won’t go away.

Big difference is miller won fouls whilst Ruth just gets himself booked.

Yip spot on. Different types of players. Miller won fouls from aerial battles with him flailing around if an opponent sneezed at him. Ruth is more on the ground type, running around defenders where refs have been well trained looking for simulation.

19 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

Yip spot on. Different types of players. Miller won fouls from aerial battles with him flailing around if an opponent sneezed at him. Ruth is more on the ground type, running around defenders where refs have been well trained looking for simulation.

Whilst I am in total agreement with the difference between Ruths blatant diving and Lee Millers foul winning abilities, I have to take issue with the idea that lower league Scottish Referees have been well trained at anything.

Given the overall pessimism of Falkirk fans, what’s the chance that Sheerin gets emptied about the time Grant gets done at Dunfermline, and the Falkirk BoD think, “Peter Grant, that’s the man for us!”…simply because it’s now the Falkirk way.