The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Bula Bairn said:

Yeah, will be.  Playing in Raith's kit is my only memory of it!

Ironically, I'm sure I remember Clarke preferring us playing in our white away kit at Brockville for a short spell...

Only other kit memory I can think of is when we turned up without shorts at Parkhead so had to use plain white shorts from Celtic?  (the game Jimmy Gilmour scored the winner and kept us up : )

John Prentice (second time around) chose the white shirts/navy shorts as the first team kit when we won the last ever old Division 2.

Just sums up the absolute shambles we are. Utter dugshite and we are relying on the only other decent ish striker we have not getting injured and theres f**k all we can do.

It seems like people are changing their opinion on Ruth on here? I hope so!

3 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Ruth starts for Aberdeen B against Hamilton. 

If true, then the perfect opportunity not to start Keena on the 17th as he lacks “match sharpness” whereas Ruth will be super ready after playing in the Hamilton game. This is right up Sheerin’s strasse. The only two names that are on the team sheet in pen rather than pencil are Hetherington and Ruth (although Krasniqi and Keena will be in pen on the subs list).

19 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

What if Falkirk were still in the competition? 

The madness is such that earlier on, Dundee B played Peterhead.

Dundee B featured 2 or 3 players who are actually on loan at Peterhead this season. So they played against their current team!

To make it worse, at least one got injured! 😄

Edit: to answer your question directly, it would make no difference. If Aberdeen wanted to play him in the B team, that's what would happen. Even against ourselves.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

16 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Definitely made a twitter account balls up. That or Sheerin's remit also involves covering the clubs tweets Monday-Friday. 

Keena video released by FFC twitter
'Well start him then' random tweet
'Deal' FFC twitter replying to said twitter random

3 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

The madness is such that earlier on, Dundee B played Peterhead.

Dundee B featured 2 or 3 players who are actually on loan at Peterhead this season. So they played against their current team!

To make it worse, at least one got injured! 😄

Edit: to answer your question directly, it would make no difference. If Aberdeen wanted to play him in the B team, that's what would happen. Even against ourselves.

I thought cringeworthy laws such as this were the sole property of the women’s game, but apparently not. The best example was the girl who transferred from (not sure of clubs) say Everton to Man City. She had played in the Cup for Everton, but was allowed to play in the Cup for Man City after the transfer. It seems they wanted to “keep good players playing, not find reasons to exclude them.”

As it turns out, it was an Everton v Man City final, and regardless of the outcome, she got a winner’s medal from one club, and a losing medal from the other. Just bonkers.

2 goals in 3 starts is about as good as we could have asked for as he gets up to speed.  

Aye it’s all about confidence and supporters, well…supporting him, giving him lots of encouragement. You may find through playing together they form a natural strong partnership. I suppose this’ll depend on Sheerin playing them at the same time and both staying clear of injuries.

The only way we are gonna find out is to try it. 4 goals in less than 90 mins is well worth a punt.

Let’s make it so.

We can make all the justifications we like for two up front. Scored 4 conceded 0. Both front men scoring. Four points from two games that we would have lost if not for two up. All compelling arguments. 

In fact, so compelling that it’s an absolute certainty that Keena will be on the bench for the Airdrie game.

31 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Their player and can do what they please.

Not an issue ! not what FFC would have preferred but what's our preference does not come into the matter.

It's the spfls fault. Player should only be able to represent  one team at any time full stop . If we are paying his wages in full we should be deciding when and who he plays for.

One of the worst things I’ve noticed from Ruth so far is his constant diving. Got booked for it at Alloa, got away with a blatant dive up at Montrose and any chance he gets contact or not he’s chucking himself to the ground. He really needs to cut that shit out ASAP.