The Falkirk FC Thread

8 hours ago, TxRover said:

Mister.

You lot need to up the excitement, the Pars thread is drawing all the flies recently.

Novelty finally wearing off with us. Will pick up again around April probably or if we draw some non league team in the Scottish.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

19 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I know we've been over this, but I've just seen Swinney's email update. They do make it incredibly easy for accusations of incompetence to be made. Seriously, was there not one single person at the club to suggest that having two blue kits in a league where half the teams play in blue was a fucking stupid idea?

479129548_Screenshot2021-10-05at15_07_40.png.3700f01a03ac19124d63ddaf6c3016a4.png

That is incredibly tin pot. Is this guy taking a salary from the club?

18 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, they certainly fecked up with that one. 

However, do the SPFL not realise that teams don't have to wear their away kits when away from home? Our home kit doesn't clash with anyone IMO. In fact I would say that the white kit clashes more with Montrose, for example, than the navy one does.

I'm sure also that kits used to have to be approved at the start of each season prior to using them which would have avoided this scenario. I might have that bit wrong though?

If the ref deems it a clash the away team would be asked to change. 

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

That is incredibly tin pot. Is this guy taking a salary from the club?

He is. He was very highly rated at Stenhousemuir, so we'll see how things go with cursed Falkirk FC.

Guest Caractacus Potts

Just read the email. 

The part about the third strip is the usual rubbish. Just hold your hands up and admit it was a mistake instead of trying to push blame elsewhere. Many on here recognised instantly that it could be a problem so why didn’t one of our esteemed directors. Also why is the CEO having to explain a decision for which he wasn’t a part of? Don’t we have a PR expert within our club that would have been there when making the decision for the strips? Surely him or Gary Deans would be better placed to explain the situation or are they all trying to hide behind the new CEO when things aren’t going so well?

Also if you want to really atone for your errors then give all of the profit to charity and don’t use it as encouragement to further line the clubs coffers. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

16 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Are you the elusive Gary Goals!? 👀 

4463AB5F-F84F-47A1-9E56-447FAD471CF7.png

Why haven't we signed this guy if we have a new scout in place?  So much for the supposed scouting network.  I hope this isn't because The Rawlins have said we mustn't sign Gary Goals.  Why are they allowed to make these decisions with only 26%?  The NB investment could have given us enough cash to bring in Gary Goals and have some left over.  Sheerin probably wouldn't have played him anyway he's so stubborn.  I can't believe he favours his own signings over Gary Goals.  What a shambles of a club.  #notapennymore

😉

Home side always changed in the juniors. Saved having to take 2 kits with you, when the home side had their 'change' kit readily available.

Reminds me of the time Falkirk played at Kirkcaldy in Raiths change kit! That's when they played in Royal Blue, before they changed to Navy.

12 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Home side always changed in the juniors. Saved having to take 2 kits with you, when the home side had their 'change' kit readily available.

Reminds me of the time Falkirk played at Kirkcaldy in Raiths change kit! That's when they played in Royal Blue, before they changed to Navy.

I also remember that game. We looked like total amateurs (wow...How little has changed). Falkirk ran out wearing Raith's white kit, and big Stuart Burgess had covered over the Raith crest on his top with sticking plaster. 🤣  Top Boy. 

On 29/09/2021 at 18:20, Back Post Misses said:

Interestingly I spoke to someone today who heard guys having a go at fans who were voicing their concerns at the Board when we were 2 down on Saturday. He said it wasn’t just one or two either. 
The chance of unity in the summer looks to be a long way off again. 

I was giving Holt pelters and got told to shut up by happy clappers a few rows down, when hetherington went to change his shirt (blood injury I think) I shouted we'd probably be better if we kept him off and got moaned at saying I should support the team and not criticise! The ironic thing as that when they scored the second, these happy clappers left, so much for supporting the team eh! My response at the time was a sarcastic "oh look, we're getting beat by Montrose, let's all just sit happy and clap our hands". The board won't care though, if we're arguing with each other then at least we aren't aiming the anger and frustration towards the boardroom. 

3 hours ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

I also remember that game. We looked like total amateurs (wow...How little has changed). Falkirk ran out wearing Raith's white kit, and big Stuart Burgess had covered over the Raith crest on his top with sticking plaster. 🤣  Top Boy. 

Remember that game as well the kit man got sacked on the spot. Davy Clarke was near purple with rage when he came out at kick off.

5 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Remember that game as well the kit man got sacked on the spot. Davy Clarke was near purple with rage when he came out at kick off.

The only fixture I can see Dave Clarke bossing us at Starks was a preseason friendly in July 1987.

Is that the match in question?

3 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Just read the email. 

The part about the third strip is the usual rubbish. Just hold your hands up and admit it was a mistake instead of trying to push blame elsewhere. Many on here recognised instantly that it could be a problem so why didn’t one of our esteemed directors. Also why is the CEO having to explain a decision for which he wasn’t a part of? Don’t we have a PR expert within our club that would have been there when making the decision for the strips? Surely him or Gary Deans would be better placed to explain the situation or are they all trying to hide behind the new CEO when things aren’t going so well?

Also if you want to really atone for your errors then give all of the profit to charity and don’t use it as encouragement to further line the clubs coffers. 

This crap about fancy colours for your change strip is no more than a rip off.

Home: Blue tops White shorts

Away: White tops Blue shorts

Choice of socks to avoid colour clash

Also gives the all white or all blue option - job done.

There was only one strip other than that I liked and that was in the mid 70's Blue / White strips Red shorts White socks blue tops to them. Anybody else remember that one ?