The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Any player that I've heard mention his name refers to him as 'Keena', I really don't think it's a leap to suggest that the rest do too.

Fair dos, Popodopolouschaterjeesingh. I bet they're glad that you aren't playing for us.

3 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Who? His wife? His father? His brother?

In life I don't know a single person who is referred to by their family name as a matter of course and / or as a term of endearment.

The only people I know who are referred to by their family name on a sole or regular basis are fictional TV characters: Columbo, Quincy, Morse, Kojak, Mulder, Scully, Starsky (not Hutch though), House, Cagney, Lacey, Spock etc.

It just smacks to me of bad personnel management by Sheerin, calling some players by a given name or nickname and others by their family name.

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Don't be silly.

I agree it is rare for a surname to be used in this way but IMO it's not being used in a derogatory way in this instance at all.

If the players (most of whom would have known Keena closely before Sheerin did) refer to him like that then it's natural that Sheerin would too. 

The guy (Paul, not Aidan) has enough to worry about without double checking what he should be calling his players in an interview.

Actually, after I had replied I remembered that both my son-in-law and his pal are both called by their surnames on a regular basis. They both have the same first name and have been pals since they were wee, so that's probably the reason.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Actually, after I had replied I remembered that both my son-in-law and his pal are both called by their surnames on a regular basis. They both have the same first name and have been pals since they were wee, so that's probably the reason.

Insightful stuff 

2 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

He wouldn't get a start🤣. It's one up top till we get to the desperation stakes in a game, It'll be the same against Airdrie. 

Is it the case that in those very desperation stakes, we have scored four and conceded none? For all that, it still “disappoints” Sheerin that we have to resort to that tactic (scoring and not conceding) in order to draw/win games.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Is it the case that in those very desperation stakes, we have scored four and conceded none? For all that, it still “disappoints” Sheerin that we have to resort to that tactic (scoring and not conceding) in order to draw/win games.

🤷Id be more concerned about being less "disappointed" or keeping my job beyond Christmas, although it's not quite Dunfermline levels of abuse yet, another bizarre engaging of views with fans after scraping a win against the bottom side in the division after one of the worst performances in an absolute age for 45 mins won't help his cause. That win absolutely bought him some time, how long remains to be seen. 

6 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Who? His wife? His father? His brother?

In life I don't know a single person who is referred to by their family name as a matter of course and / or as a term of endearment.

The only people I know who are referred to by their family name on a sole or regular basis are fictional TV characters: Columbo, Quincy, Morse, Kojak, Mulder, Scully, Starsky (not Hutch though), House, Cagney, Lacey, Spock etc.

It just smacks to me of bad personnel management by Sheerin, calling some players by a given name or nickname and others by their family name.

Out of interest what was Spock's first name?

Was it Brian?