The Falkirk FC Thread

9 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Well, as pointed out elsewhere, Sheerin stating that “Keena needs to get in the box more” would be helped if he actually gave him as much game time and positivety as he does Ruth.

It won’t happen. It’s damn near McKinnonesque, and it feels increasingly like 0-0 draws would make Sheerin happy.

Definitely a stark contrast in tone when he is speaking about either of the 2. I get that he wants Ruth to do well as it's his laddie but that shouldn't be at the expense of keena. 

Guest Back Post Misses
13 hours ago, Russ said:

Still can’t quite believe we’ve managed to find a centre half comfortably worse than Ben Hall and chucked a 3 year deal at him. Some club.

“we watch every player at least 7 times”
Some DOF 

Edited by Back Post Misses

31 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Definitely a stark contrast in tone when he is speaking about either of the 2. I get that he wants Ruth to do well as it's his laddie but that shouldn't be at the expense of keena. 

This.

Watched Sheerin's post match interview again and he definitely has his favourites.

It's "Mikey" and "Ben" and "Stevie" and "Gaz" then "Keena", "Nesbitt" and "McGuffie".

He needs to learn that we don't play 4 a side and that every player should be valued and respected.

Edit: except Jaime Wilson.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

3 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

This.

Watched Sheerin's post match interview again and he definitely has his favourites.

It's "Mikey" and "Ben" and "Stevie" and "Gaz" then "Keena", "Nesbitt" and "McGuffie".

He needs to learn that we don't play 4 a side and that every player should be valued and respected.

Christ, are we really staring to moan about what the guy calls his players?

The other players call Keena 'Keena', as do the fans. Keens, Keeny or Keeno don't really work and, if I was McGuffie, I really wouldn't want to be called 'Guff' either!

Don't know how Nesbitt or McGuffie wouldn't be described as his favourites either considering he picks them every week?

3 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

This.

Have heard other players refer to Keena as Keena.

7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

The other players call Keena 'Keena', as do the fans. Keens, Keeny or Keeno don't really work and, if I was McGuffie, I really wouldn't want to be called 'Guff' either!

Don't know how Nesbitt or McGuffie wouldn't be described as his favourites either considering he picks them every week?

I don’t think it’s a moan. It’s a legitimate observation. Sheerin is well enough prepped in his interview technique and content (apart from his unravelling a couple of weeks ago), but calling some players by their first names or nicknames and others by their surnames is a genuine tell as to his relationship with /perception of any given player.

In the case of Nesbitt, there really isn’t anyone better knocking at the door. Like it or not, what he calls them is an insight into how he relates to them as players….just as in every other walk of life.

3 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I don’t think it’s a moan. It’s a legitimate observation. Sheerin is well enough prepped in his interview technique and content (apart from his unravelling a couple of weeks ago), but calling some players by their first names or nicknames and others by their surnames is a genuine tell as to his relationship with /perception of any given player.

In the case of Nesbitt, there really isn’t anyone better knocking at the door. Like it or not, what he calls them is an insight into how he relates to them as players….just as in every other walk of life.

If he’d have called Nesbitt “Aidan” and Keena “Aidan”, you’d have been on here complaining that he’s not being clear?

Guest Ecosse83
24 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I actually agree that (when he plays) Keena doesn't get into the box enough.  It was something I called out when he was playing earlier in the season - he drops too deep, too often. 

That’s what tends to happen when you are up top yourself and are being starved of service! 

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

You do have a tendency to overthink things Duncan.

Keena, sorry Aidan, isn't going to get a game then as the other players (not to mention the fans) obviously don't have a good relationship with him!

Sheerin (should it be Paul?):unsure2: calls him 'Keena' because everybody else does. His maw probably calls him Keena when she's telling him to tidy his bedroom!

12 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

You do have a tendency to overthink things Duncan.

Keena, sorry Aidan, isn't going to get a game then as the other players (not to mention the fans) obviously don't have a good relationship with him!

Sheerin (should it be Paul?):unsure2: calls him 'Keena' because everybody else does. His maw probably calls him Keena when she's telling him to tidy his bedroom!

Do people normally address you by your given name or your family name Shagger?

In what context do they use your given name and in what context do they use your family name?

Most folk in the family call me by my given name, although I would imagine that some of those call me something completely different when I'm not there! Some friends and acquaintances call me by my first name, some by a nickname(s)

I can't really think of anyone that calls me by family name. It is Popodopolouschaterjeesingh right enough (due to my Greek and Indian heritage).

19 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Most folk in the family call me by my given name, although I would imagine that some of those call me something completely different when I'm not there! Some friends and acquaintances call me by my first name, some by a nickname(s)

I can't really think of anyone that calls me by family name. It is Popodopolouschaterjeesingh right enough (due to my Greek and Indian heritage).

I am guessing that is true for most people. Certainly in my work experience when I am speaking to colleagues or being referred to by a colleague it is usually given names that are used. The only time this changes is when an unpopular colleague is being spoken about, in their absence, and then they are usually referred to by their family name (or worse). It just seems strange to me that Sheerin would differentiate between his players in this manner.

What tartan are Popodopolouschaterjeesingh's allowed to wear?

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

That’s what tends to happen when you are up top yourself and are being starved of service! 

Yes but the point is Keena does it - Ruth doesn't when up on his own.

Taking it to extremes and using another famous player analogy, he seems like more of a Wayne Rooney than a Ruud Van Nistelrooy.  

I assume this is why Dowds was also loaned out (because he's not what Sheerin considers an 'out and out striker')

Best option remains to play them both of course.  

I know we've been over this, but I've just seen Swinney's email update. They do make it incredibly easy for accusations of incompetence to be made. Seriously, was there not one single person at the club to suggest that having two blue kits in a league where half the teams play in blue was a fucking stupid idea?

479129548_Screenshot2021-10-05at15_07_40.png.3700f01a03ac19124d63ddaf6c3016a4.png

Edited by 18BAIRN76

4 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Wonder what Pele thought about being called the Brazil Baptie !

40 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

According to Alex Ferguson - in discussion about Ronaldo only coming on as a late sub last Saturday - "you should always start your best players".  Well, he ought to know.  

So; Sheerin (that's "Sheerin", not "Paul"), PLAY KEENA!  

Mind you if man utd started their best players every match in a 60 odd game season in the modern game the players would be completely fecked. That's why you have a squad so players can be tested at times. Different in our case where we definitely should be playing our best 11 every possible time.