The Falkirk FC Thread

Reflecting on the preformances so far this season it is evident  a 3-5-2 formation gets most out the players we have.

These are the first picks the other positions are up for grabs

Defense: Hall - Lemon - Dixon

Midfield: Morrison/McDaid - Krasniqi - Telfer 

Forwards: Keene - Ruth

Edited by HopeStreetWalker

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I don't remember Ian McCall ever changing our formation etc when we played sides in the championship. We had confidence in our own teams ability to blow away sides every week.  No reason we shouldn't be able to put a team on the park at this level that can do that.

Your right ! this is our lineup try and stop us.

Reflecting on the preformances so far this season it is evident  a 3-5-2 formation gets most out the players we have.
Midfield: Morrison/Dowds - Krasniqi - Telfer 
I assume you kean McDaid rather than Dowds, but my issue with 3 5 2 remains that I dont think McDaid or Morrison fit in it, and id be looking to start both as regularly as possible personally

Also, if Ryan Williamson isnt available, do I f**k want to see Gary Millers interpetation of RWB. Prime Andy Lawrie or Hagi he is not.....

42 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I assume you kean McDaid rather than Dowds, but my issue with 3 5 2 remains that I dont think McDaid or Morrison fit in it, and id be looking to start both as regularly as possible personally

Also, if Ryan Williamson isnt available, do I f**k want to see Gary Millers interpetation of RWB. Prime Andy Lawrie or Hagi he is not.....

Yes sorry McDaid ! 

6 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

Dear FTV,

please ask directly if the manager has seen that 3-5-2 is better for us, and whether he is going to adapt the system.

This is the only question fans care about this week.

Ps FTV  Sheerin's preferred formation is not 4-3-3, it's a standard 6-3-1 😋

6 hours ago, bejazz1 said:

Surely a modern football manager knows he needs to look at every game in isolation. We can’t be arrogant to assume that teams will alter their shape to accommodate us, there are times when we need to match up to negate their threat - yes, even in league one.
If Sheerin is a one trick pony then he will not last in ANY job. He needs to have players that can adopt any system he chooses or need to play to get best results.

We are in a league where 80% are part time, we have a top two budget, we have the biggest backing fan wise yet we play defensive formations.

We should be arrogant with the above stacked in our favour, instead we are a whimpering mess playing defensive football against bottom of the league with zero shots on target in the first 45 mins at home on Saturday.We shouldn't be having that level of performance at this level full stop, the 2nd half performance was an improvement by far but it still wasn't of the standard we should have.

The fans vented their feelings during and post the game on Saturday, even after winning, that tells its own story.

We are in a league where 80% are part time, we have a top two budget, we have the biggest backing fan wise yet we play defensive formations.
We should be arrogant with the above stacked in our favour, instead we are a whimpering mess playing defensive football against bottom of the league with zero shots on target in the first 45 mins at home on Saturday.We shouldn't be having that level of performance at this level full stop, the 2nd half performance was an improvement by far but it still wasn't of the standard we should have.
The fans vented their feelings during and post the game on Saturday, even after winning, that tells its own story.

A 4231 isn’t defensive though. I think people are forgetting that we haven’t been scoring but we have been creating chances.

The first half on Saturday was really poor but it’s been our inability to score in other games that has cost us.

4 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Midfield: Morrison/McDaid - Krasniqi - Telfer 

No Nisbet - assume oversight as you only listed 9 outfield players 

Who is your preference in goals ?

13 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

No Nisbet - assume oversight as you only listed 9 outfield players 

Who is your preference in goals ?

with our current defence, Donnarumma.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

A 4231 isn’t defensive though. I think people are forgetting that we haven’t been scoring but we have been creating chances.

The first half on Saturday was really poor but it’s been our inability to score in other games that has cost us.

I’d argue our disgraceful and pathetic defending has cost us more.

How is Leon McCann doing at you guys,  is he worth the hype......

So far he’s been pretty shite. Defensively very suspect and the ball in behind him catches him out every single time. Going forward he’s ok I guess but not really gave us much.

58 minutes ago, Russ said:

So far he’s been pretty shite. Defensively very suspect and the ball in behind him catches him out every single time. Going forward he’s ok I guess but not really gave us much.

I've been every bit as unconvinced with him attacking as defending tbh. Constantly slows it down, rarely if ever provides an overlap just stops and looks for the pass back infield then stands there rather than getting on his bike. Seems terrified of getting caught out and refuses to commit to the attacking side accordingly. I really hope theres much better to come from him

1 hour ago, Rocco said:

I personally feel 4-2-3-1 lower down the food chain becomes more defensive. 

The only team I have seen perform an attacking 4-2-3-1 was Dumbarton about a decade or so ago, the majority tend to try and sneak a win using it.

We have been a turgid mess all over, the usual dependable Dixon has been woeful in recent weeks.

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

How is Leon McCann doing at you guys,  is he worth the hype......

He's been a disappointment tbh. I expected a lot more from him, he needs to improve massively otherwise I doubt very much if he'll see out the three year contract we gave him. 

2 hours ago, Rocco said:

Yep we are creating chances but there's nobody up front to put the ball in the net because we are using 3/4 a team to make those chances and the one up front had dropped back to help out with that as well.

Well, as pointed out elsewhere, Sheerin stating that “Keena needs to get in the box more” would be helped if he actually gave him as much game time and positivety as he does Ruth.

It won’t happen. It’s damn near McKinnonesque, and it feels increasingly like 0-0 draws would make Sheerin happy.