The Falkirk FC Thread

I said I wouldn't put anymore cash in the boards coffers and I haven't. And I wasn't scrounging anything. Someone offered me a comp and I took it. I wasn't down their begging for free tickets.

I hope you didn’t get a pie or drink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Sainteepip said:

So why on earth did you have a go at someone for failing to make the effort of going to the game if you have no intention of making the effort unless you’re furnished with a free ticket lol?

I  actually had a go at them for arguing about what happened at the game with someone who was actually there.  That was my issue not them no going.

Guest Caractacus Potts
57 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

This is niggling with me a bit, and as I was not part of NB, and I genuinely cannot remember who mentioned it to me, but I recall that part of a conversation with Rawlins centred on him insisting that as part of the club restructuring with youth teams being brought back in, then he was insistent that the club would adopt a “one up front” policy at all levels (yep, the “Stoke City” way), and that Holt would acquire only players capable of playing that system, and that Sheerin would have the responsibility of coaching the players into that system.

Now, I am not sure if Sheerin was appointed before or after that conversation, so “Sheerin” might well be substituted by “the coach”.

The thing is…..the post match interview when he said he was unhappy at going two up top to score the two goals…….was he talking to us, or was he talking to Rawlins knowing he would see the interview, and was effectively apologising for not sticking to the Rawlins instruction?
If it’s the latter, and Rawlins laid down the dictat of how we will plaŷ (because he is clearly a footballing tactical God), then Sheerin is never ever going to change regardless of results.

Sheerin could well be in a Catch 22 of if he sticks with one up, and we get beat again and again, he is out. If he changes, and goes two up front and disobeys orders, regardless of results, he is also out.

This is the way I think teams like Man City set up with the clubs below playing similar levels. I hate the idea and much as I think it’s flawed in its aims, I think it’s inconceivable to think a club like us have the resources to make that work. The 4-2-3-1 works well when you have a Messi or a De Bruyne that can make the defence splitting passes. Even then I would prefer not to play it. 

Also football is a fluid game and a club like ours should be trying to get the best players available and working out a system that gets the best out of those players. 

So for 26% of the club the Rawlins are not only running the club but dictating how we play. What a shambles. 

Guest Back Post Misses

From memory was not the manger had to play and attractive style of play?
Job spec made up from Championship Manager if you ask me.

Just go and win football matches and stop pissing about  

6 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I don’t think it was wise of him to get into a debate with fans at the end of the game however it does show he has got the balls. Supporters however are not as thick as Directors think they are and can see what is good and bad. Sheerin also has to understand the pent up frustration that has built up for years now. 

I still think it is best to stick with Sheerin, however he has to look at the impact playing two up has had and put aside any differences he has had with Keena, if he has had, and play him and Ruth up top at least till January. The next window is a long way off and we have to be in touch before that opens. 

For me the real issue is the DOF and the regime above Sheerin. Sheerin is copping most of the stick, some justified, however 80% of the players are not his. The January window is vital and trusting Holt with it for me is not a risk I would be taking. Sheerin will know what he needs he doesn’t need Holt to find them for him. He and Grainger can get on their bikes and find the players themselves. It is not as if they are looking for a complete new squads 

The spine of the team has still not been addressed with goalkeeper, CH, CM and CF an issue. Those have to be addressed for January IMO and they MUST be the players Sheerin and Grainger want not landed on them by the DOF.  

Holt Out

37 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

So a full quarter now complete and 3 points behind first. Surely we can’t be as bad in the 2nd quarter. League absolutely there for the taking (again). 

Worst first quarter yet points wise  in league one which just sums up the shambles so far this season. How the feck can we continue to get worse season after bloody season

So a full quarter now complete and 3 points behind first. Surely we can’t be as bad in the 2nd quarter. League absolutely there for the taking (again). 
This team probably doesnt lack the talent to take the league, but the act of taking it takes heart and fight. I feel we lack anything approaching that side of the game.

51 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Worst first quarter yet points wise  in league one which just sums up the shambles so far this season. How the feck can we continue to get worse season after bloody season

That happens because every season we fail to go up reinforces the belief this is the level the club is happy at and therefore attracts the appropriate quality that mindset warrants.

Less and less potential signing believe ( rightly ) the bullshit from Holt and Deans therefore becoming a self fulfilling prophecy.

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

From memory was not the manger had to play and attractive style of play?
Job spec made up from Championship Manager if you ask me.

Just go and win football matches and stop pissing about  

Could be what was alluded to on the ‘Agreed and implemented a new football model that will protect the club from instability going forwards’ bullet point on the list. Ofcourse like many other points on their list that could mean anything particularly when that’s all the detail we have. So much for more transparency. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

4 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I said I wouldn't put anymore cash in the boards coffers and I haven't. And I wasn't scrounging anything. Someone offered me a comp and I took it. I wasn't down their begging for free tickets.

Are self aware and you even on nodding terms?

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

4 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

This is niggling with me a bit, and as I was not part of NB, and I genuinely cannot remember who mentioned it to me, but I recall that part of a conversation with Rawlins centred on him insisting that as part of the club restructuring with youth teams being brought back in, then he was insistent that the club would adopt a “one up front” policy at all levels (yep, the “Stoke City” way), and that Holt would acquire only players capable of playing that system, and that Sheerin would have the responsibility of coaching the players into that system.

Now, I am not sure if Sheerin was appointed before or after that conversation, so “Sheerin” might well be substituted by “the coach”.

The thing is…..the post match interview when he said he was unhappy at going two up top to score the two goals…….was he talking to us, or was he talking to Rawlins knowing he would see the interview, and was effectively apologising for not sticking to the Rawlins instruction?
If it’s the latter, and Rawlins laid down the dictat of how we will plaŷ (because he is clearly a footballing tactical God), then Sheerin is never ever going to change regardless of results.

Sheerin could well be in a Catch 22 of if he sticks with one up, and we get beat again and again, he is out. If he changes, and goes two up front and disobeys orders, regardless of results, he is also out.

Pretty sure the Rawlins will have no say in the formation we are playing 😂.

Guest Caractacus Potts
11 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Pretty sure the Rawlins will have no say in the formation we are playing 😂.

I would feel the same but I’m pretty sure there was chat at some point of playing the same formation throughout the development teams. If the Rawlins have set us up to be future proof of managerial appointments then who ensures that we play the same way throughout regardless of SD or Management changes? Holt hasn’t lasted long at any club and even on Open Goal was very uncommittal about his role at Falkirk.  

8 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I would feel the same but I’m pretty sure there was chat at some point of playing the same formation throughout the development teams. If the Rawlins have set us up to be future proof of managerial appointments then who ensures that we play the same way throughout regardless of SD or Management changes? Holt hasn’t lasted long at any club and even on Open Goal was very uncommittal about his role at Falkirk.  

I’ve seen both the U16s & U18s in recent months and can’t say I’ve noticed anything similar to the 1st team in terms of formation. Style yes (closing down & building from the back) but not formation.  U18s certainly played the match I saw with 2 main strikers. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 minute ago, RC55 FFC said:

I’ve seen both the U16s & U18s in recent months and can’t say I’ve noticed anything similar to the 1st team in terms of formation. Style yes (closing down & building from the back) but not formation.  U18s certainly played the match I saw with 2 main strikers. 

That’s fair. Haven’t seen any of the development teams. Must’ve misremembered it or it was just supposition. Maybe the Rawlins need to use their power and tell him to play 2 up front then!