The Falkirk FC Thread

20 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Probably start them both the next game for appeasement then revert to type the following week.

Against Airdrie I think we need to start with them both, to give us any chance, we can't keep clean sheets against anyone and you'd think Airdrie will be a bit more ruthless in front of goal than East Fife. At the minute we are giving the opposition 1 or 2 goals of a start, and needing to score a couple ourselves to take anything, you don't get that by playing 1 up front. 

Guest Ecosse83

The problem is playing 1 up top makes it too easy for the opposition IF our midfield aren’t set up properly to support. Right away 2 up top fives the defenders a lot more to think about which will cause them more problems. We’re no good enough or clever enough to play with just 1 and that’s home and away! 

The higher up the leagues you go the better players and managers can play 1 no problem (with the exception of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 😂). 

9 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Would it be too much to ask you to stop talking shite?

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I think he will start Keena and Ruth in our next game. Its clear to everyone thats the right course of action and I dont think Sheerin is at the level of arseholery required to "make a point to the fans" and not make the required change.

That said, hel probably have no shortage of advisors up the stairs telling him he doesnt answer to the marks.

If he does that then its a 3 - 5 - 2 formation

Hall - Lemon - Dixon is the best for defense and to be fair to Hall he has improved.

The midfield then becomes anybody's guess with maybe a horses for courses pick depending on who we are playing

18 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It was along the lines of come here and say that. You get the drift.

I'm struggling to see how you could witness all of that from watching the telly Shadwell? I'm sure you announced that you wouldn't be back at one point as you didn't want to give the board any more money?

Or am I just making that up? :unsure2::lol:

45 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I'm struggling to see how you could witness all of that from watching the telly Shadwell? I'm sure you announced that you wouldn't be back at one point as you didn't want to give the board any more money?

Or am I just making that up? :unsure2::lol:

Never heard of comp tickets shagger.😉 Always helps if you know somebody in the ticket office.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

15 hours ago, Gaz said:

I’d have chucked the sink at Dick Campbell. One year contract with the sole remit of getting us out of this league.

All of his success in management has been at p/t clubs and I think that's his strengths and his age might suggests he is happy with that commitment added with outside football business with his brother.

Any appointment is a gamble and by fuk we should know.

54 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

If he does that then its a 3 - 5 - 2 formation

Hall - Lemon - Dixon is the best for defense and to be fair to Hall he has improved.

The midfield then becomes anybody's guess with maybe a horses for courses pick depending on who we are playing

Yep 3-5-2 accommodates playing both Nesbitt and Telfer in central roles but when Williamson and McCann are back, it surely means no McDaid or McGuffie. The problem we have is this team has been built to play Sheerin's 6-3-1 formation

2 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

If Sheerin can get himself in gear I've seen nothing to change my view we have shortcomings but still have enough about us to be winning this league.  

An midfield to attack of the following would easily score more goals than we'd concede. 

Telfer
Morrison        Nesbitt        McDaid
                Keena       Ruth

Nesbitt and Telfer is too soft in the centre for me

2 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Hmmm ‘leaching’, ‘hanger on’ found? 

Hardly I've been watching them for over 40 years so I'd hate to think how much cash I've sunk into them over the years. Not prepared to give deans and Holt more money to pish down the drain.

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Hardly I've been watching them for over 40 years so I'd hate to think how much cash I've sunk into them over the years. Not prepared to give deans and Holt more money to pish down the drain.

I get your stance about giving them money, but not sure previous spending really justifies sponging your way into games. Imagine if everyone held that logic! 

20 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Loads of people have supported them for 40 years and many for longer. It’s hypocritical to say you’re not giving them any more money then rock up using freebies. 

This is niggling with me a bit, and as I was not part of NB, and I genuinely cannot remember who mentioned it to me, but I recall that part of a conversation with Rawlins centred on him insisting that as part of the club restructuring with youth teams being brought back in, then he was insistent that the club would adopt a “one up front” policy at all levels (yep, the “Stoke City” way), and that Holt would acquire only players capable of playing that system, and that Sheerin would have the responsibility of coaching the players into that system.

Now, I am not sure if Sheerin was appointed before or after that conversation, so “Sheerin” might well be substituted by “the coach”.

The thing is…..the post match interview when he said he was unhappy at going two up top to score the two goals…….was he talking to us, or was he talking to Rawlins knowing he would see the interview, and was effectively apologising for not sticking to the Rawlins instruction?
If it’s the latter, and Rawlins laid down the dictat of how we will plaŷ (because he is clearly a footballing tactical God), then Sheerin is never ever going to change regardless of results.

Sheerin could well be in a Catch 22 of if he sticks with one up, and we get beat again and again, he is out. If he changes, and goes two up front and disobeys orders, regardless of results, he is also out.

22 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Loads of people have supported them for 40 years and many for longer. It’s hypocritical to say you’re not giving them any more money then rock up using freebies. 

Not any different from the guys who are only attending away matches.  Hypocritical would be saying your not giving them any more cash and then giving them more cash.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

18 minutes ago, Sainteepip said:

lol so the poster who was having a pop at another fan for not making the effort to go actually claimed he wouldn’t be back and is scrounging comps? hahahah what a riddy 

I said I wouldn't put anymore cash in the boards coffers and I haven't. And I wasn't scrounging anything. Someone offered me a comp and I took it. I wasn't down their begging for free tickets.

Edited by Shadwell Dog