The Falkirk FC Thread

40 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Doesn’t excuse him being a twat though does it? Be passionate, but no need to abuse a young guy for little reason

Twat ( at times yes I will give you that one)

Abuse no. Take it you have never been on a players back before? As the original poster stated he took it all when Ruth scored and I bet he regretted his outburst but hey-ho dont we all make mistakes

How the f**k did we outplay Montrose or Dumbarton? We were absolutely dreadful in both games. Dumbarton played us perfectly and we were a Robbie Mutch pen save away from a skelping from Montrose.

I can’t believe there’s anyone that genuinely believes either of they performances are even remotely close to being acceptable.

2 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Anyone know what was actually being said? 
‘For f**k sake play 2 up top and start Keena are you blind Sheerin’ 

fair feedback for the manager tbf.

Holt Out

I think I hear them singing Keena so I am just guessing it will be play 2 up from please Paul,I just got sent the video.

Abuse no. Take it you have never been on a players back before? As the original poster stated he took it all when Ruth scored and I bet he regretted his outburst but hey-ho dont we all make mistakes

To be fair, in the heat of the moment we can all fall under that category from time to time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Ecosse83

2 games in a row now he has changed it to 2 up top and it has yielded goals after dismal displays up until then. He’s going to play 1 up top against Airdrie isn’t he? 😂

1 hour ago, Rocco said:

Was he a realistic target though? The guy has a day job and is doing well at Arbroath. Why on earth would you leave that to come to us for a one year contract? Some of you lot need to get your head out the clouds and get back with reality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could quite easily see dick Campbell being another John Lambie if he came to us too. Guys doing a great job at Arbroath but the set up there suits him and he excels in that environment.   Bring him to Falkirk and I'm not sure he'd be the same. Some managers just suit certain clubs.

9 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

2 games in a row now he has changed it to 2 up top and it has yielded goals after dismal displays up until then. He’s going to play 1 up top against Airdrie isn’t he? 😂

3 is it not. We went 2 up top against Dumbarton and scored .

15 minutes ago, Russ said:

How the f**k did we outplay Montrose or Dumbarton? We were absolutely dreadful in both games. Dumbarton played us perfectly and we were a Robbie Mutch pen save away from a skelping from Montrose.

I can’t believe there’s anyone that genuinely believes either of they performances are even remotely close to being acceptable.

So what’s the answer then? Bring back another manager who only played his favourites and played exactly the same style of football that Sheerin is playing now only a slower build up.

our cycle since we were last decent - Houston is great- Houston GTF- we want Hartley- Hartley is amazing-Hartley GTF-McKinnon in- McKinnon GTF- we need a “Falkirk man”- Falkirk man incoming- GTF and repeat and repeat and we do the same with players!

We all want promotion but you need to give teams time to gel and get used to playing together- as I’ve already said- look at Dunfermline.

The players are still playing for him, whether he learns from yesterday is a different matter and the Airdrie game will be an indicator of that. The man according to many has already acknowledged he got it wrong yesterday we need to see if he learns from that.

7 minutes ago, FFC1982 said:

So what’s the answer then? Bring back another manager who only played his favourites and played exactly the same style of football that Sheerin is playing now only a slower build up.

our cycle since we were last decent - Houston is great- Houston GTF- we want Hartley- Hartley is amazing-Hartley GTF-McKinnon in- McKinnon GTF- we need a “Falkirk man”- Falkirk man incoming- GTF and repeat and repeat and we do the same with players!

We all want promotion but you need to give teams time to gel and get used to playing together- as I’ve already said- look at Dunfermline.

The players are still playing for him, whether he learns from yesterday is a different matter and the Airdrie game will be an indicator of that. The man according to many has already acknowledged he got it wrong yesterday we need to see if he learns from that.

We're 14 games into the season  we should have gelled by now for goodness sake.  And he didn't just get it wrong yesterday as a one off he's been doing it for weeks . We should have a settled formation and first 11 by now that actually works not one that fails every week and needs remedial action to get a result out the game.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We're 14 games into the season  we should have gelled by now for goodness sake.  And he didn't just get it wrong yesterday as a one off he's been doing it for weeks . We should have a settled formation and first 11 by now that actually works not one that fails every week and needs remedial action to get a result out the game.

With how many new players and how many injuries though. It’s not an excuse but if you look at Cove and Queens Park, it’s been tweaks to a settled squad, we have completely rebuilt for the 3rd or 4th season in a row. It’s not helping us nor is the constant shouting for a managers head.

This isn’t about being a “happy clapper” it’s about thinking about stability and fans and a team pulling in the same direction, and not booing our own players at 0-0 in a game, what sort of message does that send to young players, try not to make a mistake but if you don’t hoof the ball forward, you’re getting booed?

if I hear one more shout of hoof it forward, that “tactic” hasn’t worked for us for the last 4 seasons so why would it now?

44 minutes ago, kemlinbairn said:

Some of the stuff he comes out with makes me genuinely uncomfortable and that’s hard to do. Don’t care if he’s an Uber passionate fan, it’s him that needs to wind his neck in a bit. 

4 minutes ago, FFC1982 said:

if I hear one more shout of hoof it forward, that “tactic” hasn’t worked for us for the last 4 seasons so why would it now?

probably because for 45 minutes yesterday our attempt to play out from the back was an absolute embarrassment. do i think we should be playing hoofball? absolutely not but that yesterday was an utter joke.

9 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Some of the stuff he comes out with makes me genuinely uncomfortable and that’s hard to do. Don’t care if he’s an Uber passionate fan, it’s him that needs to wind his neck in a bit. 

How do you know its the same guy I was talking about?

6 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

probably because for 45 minutes yesterday our attempt to play out from the back was an absolute embarrassment. do i think we should be playing hoofball? absolutely not but that yesterday was an utter joke.

This is where Sheerin needs to sort things out. Yesterday we played it about the back until we got into danger and passed it back to Martin to launch it. I can guarantee that on each occasion one of the defenders could have taken the gamble to try a ball over the top or out to the wing but instead we piss about and Martin ended up having to launch it into the air in a panic. No point in trying to play passing football if you end up launching it anyway

Just now, kemlinbairn said:

How do you know its the same guy I was talking about?

Admittedly I can’t be 100% certain. But I think anyone in south stand knows who we’re talking about. He used to be brilliant value when he channeled that energy into abusing the opponent GK. I’m all for that. Recently abusing Ruth etc just didn’t sit right with me at all. But yeah don’t know for 100% it’s the same guy, and don’t even want to talk more about it because as you say he pays his money and goes every week. 

16 hours ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Well, if that's the case, and sad to say I sense you're absolutely right, then he needs hounded out.  

Irrespective of the bigger issues around the cancer that is Holt, and  the incompetence and mismanagement of Deans, if the manager can't  - or won't - pick his best players, out of spite, bloody-mindedness, or downright stupidity, then it's time to get himself right off to fcuk. 

"if the manager can't  - or won't - pick his best players, out of spite, bloody-mindedness, or downright stupidity" - and some people want Hughes back?

8 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Admittedly I can’t be 100% certain. But I think anyone in south stand knows who we’re talking about. He used to be brilliant value when he channeled that energy into abusing the opponent GK. I’m all for that. Recently abusing Ruth etc just didn’t sit right with me at all. But yeah don’t know for 100% it’s the same guy, and don’t even want to talk more about it because as you say he pays his money and goes every week. 

Was just a sweeping generalisation that was all.

But agreed subject closed

This is where Sheerin needs to sort things out. Yesterday we played it about the back until we got into danger and passed it back to Martin to launch it. I can guarantee that on each occasion one of the defenders could have taken the gamble to try a ball over the top or out to the wing but instead we piss about and Martin ended up having to launch it into the air in a panic. No point in trying to play passing football if you end up launching it anyway
Yeah, whatever the passing around the back is supposed to be doing for us it simply isn't working and it either leads to a chaotic punt out of danger or just more passing about the defence.
I think ideally if teams are sitting in the short passing draws them out a bit and our fullbacks or the sitting midfielder are supposed to take the ball and start an attack but it just isn't working out like that.
Not saying we need to go route one but we're creating nothing the way we set up.