The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Russ said:

Honestly shite like this can get to f**k, almost reeds like you’re trying to out the blame on us being incredibly shite on the fans.

We have been absolutely terrible this season and results have been disgraceful, considering what we’ve witnessed I genuinely don’t think the atmosphere is anywhere near as bad as it could or even probably should be. With Paddy Martin it was the case of a frustrated fanbase getting annoyed at the continued efforts by our own players to slow us down to a snails pace. It was more towards the style of play or what he’s been told to do and not like Martin was getting any abuse.

This is just a personal view,but booing our own players, who are probably not that high in confidence,  20 minutes into a game seldom makes them play better. Maybe we could wait until half time and full time. 

On a side note and I have absolutely no info on this or a source etc but was told walking up to the game today that there was some sort of bust up at the stadium yesterday. No idea if it was players etc or higher up the food chain. Anyone else hear any sort of rumour? 

Almost Sunday, still no interviews.

thats odd!

This Sheerin character doesn’t want to be here, he wants a gig at a EPL academy - he gets this by quoting possession and passing stats,  then saying he tried to implement change but the DOF didnt provide him the players to play the way he likes.

This is a shambles. We are playing not to win games but to make his CV look good.

2 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

thats odd!

This Sheerin character doesn’t want to be here, he wants a gig at a EPL academy - he gets this by quoting possession and passing stats,  then saying he tried to implement change but the DOF didnt provide him the players to play the way he likes.

This is a shambles. We are playing not to win games but to make his CV look good.

Was just going to post that,anyway on the booing if they deserve booing so be it they will take the cheers along side it when they merit it.

Guest Caractacus Potts
34 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

thats odd!

Another slight concern I had at his appointment was his willingness to sit in a job for 7 years and only look for work when a whole new regime was being implemented at Aberdeen. Felt like he was just looking for a job out of necessity rather than ambition. Some youth coaches seem happier out the lime light such as Eddie May, Graeme Murty, Kenny McDowell and even Holt to an extent.
Sheerin might actually be too nice to cut it but time will tell and although he may not have been the guy we need right now. I do still think he deserves more time. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

Sadly team performance, recruitment and the presence of Sheerin who looks increasingly cast adrift with no idea what to do are all symptoms of rather than the cause of FFC turning in ever decreasing circles.

The cause is the bit that never has a glove laid on it, and that is our “new” BoD which really isn’t new at all. It’s headed by a middle management accountant with a vastly over inflated sense of his ability, and who has hand picked a Boardroom (other than the Rawlins) not for their broad scope of abilities, but for their willingness to toe the line, and when instructed to do so, lie in support of him.

The single act of removing Gary Deans from office will be the first meaningful forward step in getting FFC back to at least pointing in the right direction. With him gone, his yes men would quickly fall into line, or in some cases, deservedly be removed from office too.

thats odd!

Seriously? I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt on this one, as looking at the time it was posted, I’ll assume you’d had a few beers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d have chucked the sink at Dick Campbell. One year contract with the sole remit of getting us out of this league.

Was he a realistic target though? The guy has a day job and is doing well at Arbroath. Why on earth would you leave that to come to us for a one year contract? Some of you lot need to get your head out the clouds and get back with reality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or maybe, and it’s just a maybe our “supporters” will finally realise that we can’t keep going with this madness. It’s worked out great bringing all these ex players back when we’ve shouted for them so let’s do it again! Booing a team who are drawing 0-0 less than a month after many on here were singing the praises of the football on display shows how fickle we’ve become. I’m not thrilled with how we’ve been playing but continuing to sack managers is not answer. 
For every, but Dumbarton can manage it, look at the impact at Dunfermline where from the outside looking in their players have stopped playing for the man in charge, I didn’t see any of that from our team yesterday. Sheerin asked for a response at half time and he got it.

9 minutes ago, FFC1982 said:

Or maybe, and it’s just a maybe our “supporters” will finally realise that we can’t keep going with this madness. It’s worked out great bringing all these ex players back when we’ve shouted for them so let’s do it again! Booing a team who are drawing 0-0 less than a month after many on here were singing the praises of the football on display shows how fickle we’ve become. I’m not thrilled with how we’ve been playing but continuing to sack managers is not answer. 
For every, but Dumbarton can manage it, look at the impact at Dunfermline where from the outside looking in their players have stopped playing for the man in charge, I didn’t see any of that from our team yesterday. Sheerin asked for a response at half time and he got it.

Maybe should have asked for a response before the game started.

10 minutes ago, FFC1982 said:

I agree 100%. Pretty sure there was folk on here a month ago saying we need to tie sheerin down on a longer deal before he gets headhunted. 

11 hours ago, alonso said:

Talking of cretins, did anybody hear the abuse coming from some brainless idiot (sitting with his kids, I think about a dozen rows up right behind the goal) at Michael Ruth... was calling him a big useless lanky b..ard, sheep sh***ing b***ard, all the usual guff...

Totally unwarranted, what has Ruth done wrong, not his fault he has been Sheerins "chosen one" for months, that apart I actually think he has done alright.

The best bit tho was about 60 seconds after his mad rant, Ruth came up with his stunner and the twat took a fair bit of abuse himself.

Just you wind your neck in a bit. That guy is one of the most passionate Falkirk supporters we have.

Granted he comes up with some pish at times but don't we all. He just wants the team to win. If some of the folk on and off the park had a fraction of his love and support for the club we would not be in the current shit show that we are in

4 minutes ago, kemlinbairn said:

Just you wind your neck in a bit. That guy is one of the most passionate Falkirk supporters we have.

Granted he comes up with some pish at times but don't we all. He just wants the team to win. If some of the folk on and off the park had a fraction of his love and support for the club we would not be in the current shit show that we are in

Doesn’t excuse him being a twat though does it? Be passionate, but no need to abuse a young guy for little reason

Edited by Rocco

21 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Maybe should have asked for a response before the game started.

I would argue he has though, we were the better team against Queen Park & Dumbarton but defensive lapses cost us. We outplayed Montrose but again defensive lapses cost us and he’s changed his defence in response to this. Whilst like many I agree we should have signed another centre forward, the game against Alloa and the first half yesterday are the only times alarm bells have been ringing but he gets them in the dressing room and gets a response.

for the delusional on here as well who thinks he only brought Keena on because the fans shouted for it, if he was as stubborn as many thought he was, he wouldn’t have changed a thing, remember Yogi when the fans were shouting for riera to come on, that level of stubbornness!

9 hours ago, Sgt Bilko said:

On a side note and I have absolutely no info on this or a source etc but was told walking up to the game today that there was some sort of bust up at the stadium yesterday. No idea if it was players etc or higher up the food chain. Anyone else hear any sort of rumour? 

I heard that MR was to be at  the game (first for a while) and an important meeting was to take place including SA.

All rumour of course.