The Falkirk FC Thread

Hard to defend that today as we looked lost. Well done again to Ruth and Kenna of course. Sheerin needs to get his mind cleared and look to find out strengths and stop the perseverance of the formula that it looks we don’t have the mindset or players to play.
If we continue to play slow ponderous possession we will get hurt. I felt today we were our own worst enemy and invited problems. EF did not sit back and do what Dumbarton done two weeks ago, they defended from the front and I don’t think many expected this.
Two great goals but in the end Lucky to gather the 3 points.
Big improvement needed against Airdrie as the home fans are becoming restless. Another poor display will have the place in a meltdown.
Can only hope he learns from this and not convinced our DOF is not involved in strategies and team selection similar to Martindale when both Holt and Hopkins were at Livvy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, AFalkirkBairnB said:

So you’d of sacked him after 5 or so league games? IMO that’s madness. It takes time to build something, if we’re in the same scenario 10 games from now then fair enough. 

He's getting worse though no better that's the problem. If we'd had a shit start and were improving I'd agree with you but his entire tactical plan that the players were signed up to play in has been found out  and yet he can't seem to realise that and is continuing to batter away with it no matter how bad things get. 

4 minutes ago, AFalkirkBairnB said:

So you’d of sacked him after 5 or so league games? IMO that’s madness. It takes time to build something, if we’re in the same scenario 10 games from now then fair enough. 

You’d have presumably kept Hartley then, aye?

Guest Ecosse83

My gut feeling is Sheerin won’t be good enough. If he stops being so stubborn and gets away from the 4231 which we aren’t capable of playing then he might make some progress. It’s League 1 full of part time teams just play a basic 442 and keep things simple.

It was along the lines of come here and say that. You get the drift.

Tbh Iv just seen a clip of the footage of Sheerin and one of the fans involved. The fan is for a fact older than 17 as he lives not too far from me. He is also a fucking cretin of the highest order.
At last weeks game away to Montrose, him, what I suspect was his father and his mother were shouting abuse at our own players warming up. Calling Ben Hall a “fucking f****t” etc from about 5 feet away.
Some of they stuff they regularly shout at away games is fucking horrific. I kind of wish Sheerin had stuck the nut in the wee b*****ds fat face.

3 minutes ago, glasgow_bairn said:

Tbh Iv just seen a clip of the footage of Sheerin and one of the fans involved. The fan is for a fact older than 17 as he lives not too far from me. He is also a fucking cretin of the highest order.
At last weeks game away to Montrose, him, what I suspect was his father and his mother were shouting abuse at our own players warming up. Calling Ben Hall a “fucking f****t” etc from about 5 feet away.
Some of they stuff they regularly shout at away games is fucking horrific. I kind of wish Sheerin had stuck the nut in the wee b*****ds fat face.

There was more than just him. Might've been a bonus if he'd done that as he'd definitely have been sacked in the morning.

Just now, Believe The Hype said:

No it's not, fucking hell. Making a c**t of yourself along with shadwell. 

Honestly your the only cant arguing about this FFS. It's not something your football manager should be saying to any fan . Just ignore them and head Doon the tunnel.

Just now, Believe The Hype said:

You've been found out to be talking bollox, just take the hit and move on

Were you there? If not then you don't have a feckin clue what went on. Making comments on something you never even saw. Were you actually at the feckin match?

3 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

No it's not, fucking hell. Making a c**t of yourself along with shadwell. 

Can you give me a particular example of when “come here and say that” isn’t a threat?

The win today probably keeps him in a job for a week despite it being utter dugshite and the fact he heaped more pressure on himself by having an argument or whatever with the fans. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's gone in the next 48 hours though. He's just not up to it. For his own health he needs to go. 

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Were you there? If not then you don't have a feckin clue what went on. Making comments on something you never even saw. Were you actually at the feckin match?

No I streamed it, which is why I have continually been asking what actually happened but all I'm getting is conjecture and bollox. So turns out after a few questions there was no threat and no 17 year old........next

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

Can you give me a particular example of when “come here and say that” isn’t a threat?

What is the threat? I will help you out here for f**k sake. 

a statement of an intention to inflict pain, injury, damage, or other hostile action on someone in retribution for something done or not done

So if he said come here and say that, and the person went over and said whatever it was, then what? What is the threat, what did he say woukd happen if he never wnet over and spoke to him? 

Just now, bejazz1 said:

Come here and say that I never quite heard what you said?emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Literally no-one has ever said “come here and say that I never quite heard what you said”.

It’s universally recognised as a threat. I have no opinion either way of Sheerin using it.