The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Feck sake it's obvious to every cant on the planet we need to play two up front and yet every week it's one striker. If he can't see basics like that then what the feck is he doing as a football manager FFS. Possession based football.that has us one nil down to the worst side in the league by some margin. Jesus wept.

Playing a 4-3-3 at the start of the season was working just fine? With personel as it is just now ( Morrison injured) I agree 2 strikers would be the best fit. I know performances in the last month have been poor but Christ that’s down to more than just the manager. 

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

Sheerin himself doesn't know what he's doing, that today was brutal. Arguing with fans should be the final nail. 

From the small snippet that I heard as he was 'talking' to the young guy who had been giving him pelters was along the lines of " I am the manager and I will sort it"

7 minutes ago, AFalkirkBairnB said:

Playing a 4-3-3 at the start of the season was working just fine? With personel as it is just now ( Morrison injured) I agree 2 strikers would be the best fit. I know performances in the last month have been poor but Christ that’s down to more than just the manager. 

We weren't exactly blowing sides away at the start of the season either. Cove we did fine considering the circumstances. We had a decent 5 mins at Airdrie. Played decent against a poor  Clyde , huffed and puffed against Peterhead and then since then it's been murder since then. Formation should've changed weeks ago but no it's the same old pish every week until he flings another forward on once we are behind. That is no way to manage a side.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

His best formation & pattern of play,  was the team that finished against Clyde. They were building a head of steam & confidence in the side was high.

You could understand changes being made through injury, but dropping players for no reason really has had a detrimental effect.

Edited by kiddy

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We'll come here and say that usually doesn't mean he's going to shake his feckin hand does it.

You've not answered my question. What was the threat? I just want to know why you said he threatened a teenager as that is a serious issue and should be taken further if true. so what was the threat? FYI a threat is an ultimatum where one states that if X does or doesn't  happen then Y will or won't happen. So again, what did he say? 

Edited by Believe The Hype

9 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

You've not answered my question. What was the threat? I just want to know why you said he threatened a teenager as that is a serious issue and should be taken further if true. so what was the threat? FYI a threat is an ultimatum where one states that if X does or doesn't  happen then Y will or won't happen. So again, what did he say? 

Christ almighty if I said to you come here and say that that would be me telling you if you came over here and said it I'd feckin thump you.   So X basically said if y came over here and said it x would lamp y alright.  Feck me . 

And this is a fecking stupid football forum  FFS. This tell me this or that pish you spout like some kind of internet policeman is a load of complete bollocks.  What's the internet version of water boarding?

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Christ almighty if I said to you come here and say that that would be me telling you if you came over here and said it I'd feckin thump you.   So X basically said if y came over here and said it x would lamp y alright.  Feck me .

So you don't know what it is. Thanks for clearing that up. Enjoy your evening. 

18 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

You said he threatened a 17 year old. What was the threat? You do understand what a threat is? 

11 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We'll come here and say that usually doesn't mean he's going to shake his feckin hand does it.

5 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I can mind of going to see the Shamen in the early 90's (they were shite) but somebody threw a pint over the bass player. Gig stopped & said bass pointed to the perpetrator & shouted "Up here, now!". Ok, we thought, somebody's gonnae get a pasting here. Only for the arse fi the band to tell him "Now dance!". Suffice to say we'd had enough & headed back to the pub.

Really surprised at how Sheerin is doing with you guys. One thing I was convinced of was that he would have you playing exciting attacking fitba. As I’ve said here before, when he was with us (Arbroath), one thing you could be sure of was plenty of goals - for and against.

I can only think that it’s one of two things, either he had no real idea what he was doing with us as he was still learning management and just decided to go for it… or his spontaneity and enthusiasm for attacking fitba has been coached out of him at Aberdeen. I reckon it’s probably a combination of both.

Still think and hope he’ll come good for you.

Just now, kiddy said:

I can mind of going to see the Shamen in the early 90's (they were shite) but somebody threw a pint over the bass player. Gig stopped & said bass pointed to the perpetrator & shouted "Up here, now!". Ok, we thought, somebody's gonnae get a pasting here. Only for the arse fi the band to tell him "Now dance!". Suffice to say we'd had enough & headed back to the pub.

Maybe sheerin wanted to ask him if he could play right back then?

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Sounds like it was a heated exchange of views but no actual threats can be confirmed.

Glad to hear it.

Still shouldn't be saying things like come here and say that to a supporter FFS. You need to keep the heid and be sensible.  Showing his inexperience getting mixed up with fans who are quite rightly pissed off with the teams performances. Your never going to win trying that.

1 hour ago, AFalkirkBairnB said:

FFS,  every single manager at some point don’t see things that everyone else seems to, bit early to be saying worst yet? His possession based style is already better than the hoofing it up the park McKinnon and Hartley adopted. 

This is the sort of shite that Eddie May defenders came out with when it was obvious to anyone who knew anything about fitba he was hopelessly out his depth.

4 minutes ago, AFalkirkBairnB said:

So presume you would just sack him then?

The problem is it's no going to do anything if deans and Holt stay . We can't have any faith in them recruiting the replacement. Deans, Holt and sheerin need emptied.

Edited by Shadwell Dog