The Falkirk FC Thread

I don’t know if I’m just being overly negative but I just don’t get any positives from that at all today and I really don’t know how anyone who has seen our last 6 performances can justifiably say that they believe in Sheerin or have faith in him turning it around. Each week has been absolutely terrible culminating in that disgrace of a first half performance.

With about 15 minutes to go in the first half he was away writing shit down obviously looking at how to change it for the second half but why would you even wait that long? It was painfully obvious after 15 minutes we were murder and not in the game at all. That’s where he should’ve changed things not wasted another 15 minutes or so to half time. If it’s not working you change it no matter how early or late it is that’s what he’s paid to do make decisions.

1 minute ago, Russ said:

I don’t know if I’m just being overly negative but I just don’t get any positives from that at all today and I really don’t know how anyone who has seen our last 6 performances can justifiably say that they believe in Sheerin or have faith in him turning it around. Each week has been absolutely terrible culminating in that disgrace of a first half performance.

With about 15 minutes to go in the first half he was away writing shit down obviously looking at how to change it for the second half but why would you even wait that long? It was painfully obvious after 15 minutes we were murder and not in the game at all. That’s where he should’ve changed things not wasted another 15 minutes or so to half time. If it’s not working you change it no matter how early or late it is that’s what he’s paid to do make decisions.

Take today’s game away we’ve had about 30 odd chances in the last 3 games or so. What more can he do? Did you see the chances we missed at Montrose last week? A right good few sitters missed. I’d be more worried if we were creating f**k all like we did for 45 minutes today. 

Just now, Tea and Busquets said:

Give Sheerin time. Can’t keep sacking managers and I think he comes across as someone who will work day and night do it. I think he comes across well as a person too. Time will tell if good enough though. 

We need to go up this season it's as simple as that. Do you really think he has it in him to do that considering we've now played more than enough games for the side to have found its feet settled and starting to play the kind of football that will win us that promotion. I'm not sure we have the amount of time he may need .

2 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Take today’s game away we’ve had about 30 odd chances in the last 3 games or so. What more can he do? Did you see the chances we missed at Montrose last week? A right good few sitters missed. I’d be more worried if we were creating f**k all like we did for 45 minutes today. 

If it hasn't hit home by now that he needs to play two up top every week them I'm sorry but it could be months before he sorts things out.  Most of those chances are when he flings another striker on to fix the mess of his starting selection.

Montrose missed as many good chances as us last week though. We’re not scoring goals but our best striker is constantly on the bench. We’re chucking goals away every week through horrendous defending. Team selections wrong week after week. Formation doesn’t work yet he keeps on playing it.

All that is down to the manager. He’s absolutely not been good enough.

2 hours ago, falkirkzombie said:

Sheerin and Grainger were having quite a heated argument with some of the EF backroom staff at FT, never seen them going at it with the fans.

2 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Didn't think he was arguing with the fans at all. 

2 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Aye saw that too and thought surely not shouting at fans like that and it was definitely EF staff 

He was arguing with fans. There’s video footage of it. 

1 minute ago, Russ said:

Montrose missed as many good chances as us last week though. We’re not scoring goals but our best striker is constantly on the bench. We’re chucking goals away every week through horrendous defending. Team selections wrong week after week. Formation doesn’t work yet he keeps on playing it.

All that is down to the manager. He’s absolutely not been good enough.

I'm getting more and more concerned that sheerin may be the worst yet as he can't seem to see things that are so feckin obvious to everyone else.

27 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

He was in the wrong today with that starting line up and tactics so of course fans were also going to have a go.

Sheerin saw the error of his ways and changed it at half time.

You make it sound like a one-off. He's been blatantly in the wrong for weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks. That's the issue. An absolute refusal to accept or acknowledge that a lone front man has not been working. Unable, or unwilling to accept, that he's got it wrong and make the necessary adjustment to 2 up front. Result - 11 points chucked away from the last 15 available and, in the first half today, as bad as, if not a hell of a lot of worse, than any of the dross produced under McKinnon or Miller/McCracken. The positives were an excellent finish from Ruth - who has been better than I expected - for the equaliser, good build-up play for the winner, McGuffie's cross literally being his sole contribution to date, and McDaid looking a bit more dangerous and threatening driving at their defence. Black marks being the first half - against practically any other team in the league we'd have been well out of things by half-time - and hanging on in the last five minutes when they hit the post and forced Brown into that save.

Airdrie in two weeks time has an ominous vibe about it. Surely a defining game for Sheerin. If he doesn't start dual strikers he'll be writing his own resignation letter. Massive improvement required in terms of performance, what was produced today and over the last four games nowhere near good enough to sustain any semblance of a title challenge.

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm getting more and more concerned that sheerin may be the worst yet as he can't seem to see things that are so feckin obvious to everyone else.

FFS,  every single manager at some point don’t see things that everyone else seems to, bit early to be saying worst yet? His possession based style is already better than the hoofing it up the park McKinnon and Hartley adopted. 

FFS,  every single manager at some point don’t see things that everyone else seems to, bit early to be saying worst yet? His possession based style is already better than the hoofing it up the park McKinnon and Hartley adopted. 

That first half was worse than anything either manager served up.

Watching the likes of Brad McKay and Steven Hetherington struggle to complete a 5 yard pass and watching our goalkeeper have the ball at his feet more often than our striker touches the ball is absolutely fucking shite.

2 minutes ago, AFalkirkBairnB said:

Feck sake it's obvious to every cant on the planet we need to play two up front and yet every week it's one striker. If he can't see basics like that then what the feck is he doing as a football manager FFS. Possession based football.that has us one nil down to the worst side in the league by some margin. Jesus wept.

Edited by Shadwell Dog