The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Please give an example of me making things up FFS. 

Tell us exactly what was said then? Or do you not have a clue and this is pure conjecture? 

Be very specific as well, since you have said he was threatening a 17 year old so you must have the details witnessed first hand? 

Edited by Believe The Hype

1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

That would be replacing Sheerin's tippy tappy, work it from the back football with Hughes' tippy tappy, play it out from the back football Harry. It doesn't work in this league and our players aren't good enough to play it.

I agree but I would be hoping Yogi could get better loan players in during the next window. I was just thinking out loud when asked who I would replace Sheerin with, I actually hope he learns from his mistakes and turns this round but from what folk that still go to games are saying it doesn't look like he will. 

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

He has said Ruth is going to get a run of games. Krasniqi gets on for 6 minutes.

The man will always play Hetherington regardless, he will play Ruth regardless, he will play one up front regardless.
Tbh, his treatment of Krasniqi is bordering on the shameful. Lemon again looking effective.

Sheerin isn’t prepared to be proven wrong, so he will reset next week to the same format with neither Lemon nor Krasniqi or Keena anywhere near the starting line up.

Well, if that's the case, and sad to say I sense you're absolutely right, then he needs hounded out.  

Irrespective of the bigger issues around the cancer that is Holt, and  the incompetence and mismanagement of Deans, if the manager can't  - or won't - pick his best players, out of spite, bloody-mindedness, or downright stupidity, then it's time to get himself right off to fcuk. 

1 minute ago, grumpyoldman said:

Just have

You said I was making things up 'as usual' so go on give me an example of me making things up. 

Sheerin had to get moved on by the bloomin stewards it got very heated.  To march all the way over to the stand to have a go at the young team is the mark of someone whose lost the plot. More than one person recorded it so I'm sure there may be repercussions at some point.

He said he had learned from the mistakes he made at Arbroath. I can only imagine (given what we are seeing) that he learned to always play with a goalie in the starting line up.

It’s all proving to be too much for him.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You said I was making things up 'as usual' so go on give me an example of me making things up. 

Sheerin had to get moved on by the bloomin stewards it got very heated.  To march all the way over to the stand to have a go at the young team is the mark of someone whose lost the plot. More than one person recorded it so I'm sure there may be repercussions at some point.

So what did he threaten a 17 year old with? 

See for someone like Gary Holt do you think he is on a fixed term contract similar to a player or manager that would need 1 or 2 years paid off or would it simply be 4/8 weeks notice like it would be if you were director of HR (or whatever) at a local business of a similar size?

3 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

He said he had learned from the mistakes he made at Arbroath. I can only imagine (given what we are seeing) that he learned to always play with a goalie in the starting line up.

It’s all proving to be too much for him.

Can only think that his biggest mistake at Arbroath was playing two up front.

1 minute ago, Sortmeout said:

See for someone like Gary Holt do you think he is on a fixed term contract similar to a player or manager that would need 1 or 2 years paid off or would it simply be 4/8 weeks notice like it would be if you were director of HR (or whatever) at a local business of a similar size?

Just be a normal month's notice I would think. Let's hope so.

I have no issues with Sheerin having a bit of a to and fro with the fans. I actually quite like it as it shows he cares. A bit of passion. Too many people seem to get the hump when players or managers actually bite back to the jibes they are getting when in reality why shouldn't they be allowed to defend themselves? He was in the wrong today with that starting line up and tactics so of course fans were also going to have a go.

I will however have an issue if he reverts to 4-2-3-1 against Airdrie in the next game.

Positives from today:

We actually won a game.
Lemon was a class act yet again.
Sheerin saw the error of his ways and changed it at half time.
Both strikers got on the scoresheet.
Another game closer to Morrison returning.
Martin looked solid.

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

I have no issues with Sheerin having a bit of a to and fro with the fans. I actually quite like it as it shows he cares. A bit of passion. Too many people seem to get the hump when players or managers actually bite back to the jibes they are getting when in reality why shouldn't they be allowed to defend themselves? He was in the wrong today with that starting line up and tactics so of course fans were also going to have a go.

I will however have an issue if he reverts to 4-2-3-1 against Airdrie in the next game.

Positives from today:

We actually won a game.
Martin looked solid.

Totally agree. I might be in the minority but I think sheerin will get it right if given time. For me it takes a bit of bollox to come over and even face the fans when he’s just received 90 minutes of pelters, he could of scurried down the tunnel. 

3 minutes ago, AFalkirkBairnB said:

Totally agree. I might be in the minority but I think sheerin will get it right if given time. For me it takes a bit of bollox to come over and even face the fans when he’s just received 90 minutes of pelters, he could of scurried down the tunnel. 

He should've just done that. He needs the fans onside not having a go at them. It's one thing if your getting pelters for nothing but when the pelters are completely justified your better turning the other cheek and ignoring it.  The manager can't have any excuses for the last 4 or 5 performances so he needs to learn when the team plays that badly consistently he is going to get grief for it.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

8 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Positives from today:

We actually won a game.
Martin looked solid.

You can't defend what we've been watching the last few weeks though. If you are getting harshly treated then fine make your point but he isn't.