The Falkirk FC Thread

Never want us to lose but if indeed it doesn’t work out with Sheerin then I’d absolutely love Yogi to come back. He’s the man I wanted in the summer and tbh the one we should’ve appointed when dumb and dumber got the job.

On 29/09/2021 at 12:38, TheScarf said:

I was at Brockville 3 times and never felt unsafe.  There was fucking houses round all 4 sides.  How were Falkirk meant to rebuild it? 🤣

Kilmarnock managed it.

Falkirk were a club flitting between the top two tiers in the 90s and from the outside looked to be on a similar level to Kilmarnock, St Mirren, Motherwell etc when in reality the clubs true position is tier three once they were forced to invest in their facilities and couldn’t pump everything into the team.  Even had to ditch their youth team as well I believe to allow them to fund their team/pay for the stadium.

11 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Kilmarnock managed it.

Falkirk were a club flitting between the top two tiers in the 90s and from the outside looked to be on a similar level to Kilmarnock, St Mirren, Motherwell etc when in reality the clubs true position is tier three once they were forced to invest in their facilities and couldn’t pump everything into the team.  Even had to ditch their youth team as well I believe to allow them to fund their team/pay for the stadium.

Absolute shite from start to finish.

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

At least Fergus seems to be using his budget in a far more positive way than the Muppets running the first team. We'd maybe be better off reducing the money wasted on it and giving him more cash.  Lets face it if we didn't have development sides we'd simply be pissing more money down the drain  on diddies like Mackay and Wilson.

Its a long term investment before we see a payback. You never know what can happen in one - two years with some youngsters.

20 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Kilmarnock managed it.

Killie just had multi millionaire owners that built the stands for them . Main stand and the stand opposite have the worst leg room of any stands I've ever been in.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I think the reason behind the push to finance the "academy" is that this is where Rawlins and his agent crony will make their money. Can't remember the agent's name but he will ensure that he has all of the  good youngsters on his books and will sell them on,  taking most of the money, leaving the club with next to nothing. (I think even Deans agreed to this). Beginning to think that they couldn't care less if we languish in tier 3 forever as long as they have an assembly line of talent coming through for them to sell on.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

21 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I think the reason behind the push to finance the "academy" is that this is where Rawlins and his agent crony will make their money. Can't remember the agent's name but he will ensure that he has all of the  good youngsters on his books and will sell them on,  taking most of the money, leaving the club with next to nothing. (I think even Deans agreed to this). Beginning to think that they couldn't care less if we languish in tier 3 forever as long as they have an assembly line of talent coming through for them to sell on.

Problem is you aren't going to get much in transfer fees if you are a league one club.  It's in their interests to get the club promoted up the divisions so they can get bigger fees for them.

Guest Caractacus Potts
30 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Gary Mellor is his name I’m sure. I think what you say sums up their interest exactly and I hate the idea to be honest. Sure that’s what Claude Anelka and Steve Archibald tried and we know how that ended up. 

Another of their pals Jon Bonner bought 60,000 shares. He was on of the 19 ‘new shareholders’ he referred to on his big list as were Gary Deans, The 2 Rawlins and 2 other directors. They bought most of the 400,000 shares he lauded as well. 

I mentioned this at the time but it was a big red flag for me in terms of seeing the way they try to dress up detail. That ofcourse is one of the few things where the information is available publicly so that’s why I’m sceptical about some of their other revelations. 

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

Kilmarnock managed it.

Oooh, Kilmarnock moved a railway line. Impressive!

That teams fucking terrible again. Hetherington and Ruth starting with Krasniqi and Keena on the bench is fucking ridiculous. Absolutely fine with Martin in for Mutch but to drop Mutch and not Brad McKay for last week is fucking stupidity.

1 hour ago, Russ said:

Never want us to lose but if indeed it doesn’t work out with Sheerin then I’d absolutely love Yogi to come back. He’s the man I wanted in the summer and tbh the one we should’ve appointed when dumb and dumber got the job.

He would get results and stand up to the board, we're crying out for both traits.

Just now, Russ said:

That teams fucking terrible again. Hetherington and Ruth starting with Krasniqi and Keena on the bench is fucking ridiculous. Absolutely fine with Martin in for Mutch but to drop Mutch and not Brad McKay for last week is fucking stupidity.

Dixon and miller as the two fullbacks? God feckin help us.

With the 2 full backs being out it was the perfect time to go to 3 at the back and similar to the second half last week use the 2 wingers as our depth but try and keep them higher up the park.

But it’s the same shite formation that’s not been working when we have a fully fit squad never mind when 3 key comments to it are out injured. It’s horrendous management from Sheerin just play the same formation regardless or personnel and expecting the same output.