The Falkirk FC Thread

I think it could be a good idea to have the board meet with a cross representation of fans to discuss how we move forward without preloaded questions so we can get our head rounds what the real focus is here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to quote my own post here but people criticise the club for not listening to their views. I make a suggestion and within 2 hours it’s arranged. That’s what I call service!!!

What a club[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

5 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

You’re correct.

We have fans who are never happier unless they’re moaning.

Strangely, they refuse to go or watch the games under the mantra of ‘we’re not giving the BOD any cash’ but still feel able to post on here to vent their spleen without even seeing the team play.

Weird!!

Not as weird as supporting the vermin from Govan whilst clinging onto this myth that you’re a Falkirk fan.

I continue to watch the team away from home and have never stopped doing so. Don’t dare try and insinuate that people like me are beneath other fans for doing what we believe is in the Clubs best interests.

36 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

Not as weird as supporting the vermin from Govan whilst clinging onto this myth that you’re a Falkirk fan.

I continue to watch the team away from home and have never stopped doing so. Don’t dare try and insinuate that people like me are beneath other fans for doing what we believe is in the Clubs best interests.

Think most have that twit on ignore. Suggest you do the same 

4 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I see we’ve employed another youth coach 

So I thought the whole “burying the story” idea was to release the news as close to 5PM , on a Friday afternoon, as possible. You can also release another (more palatable) story to bury it further…maybe a fan’s Q and A? Maybe Rawlins is running a jobs scheme with the Council? How many people is that on the staff now versus the squad, because it seems a bit unbalanced in League One.

P.S. Why do the Q and A three days after the Airdrie game instead of a weekly two earlier after the East Fife game, seems a typically poor decision. 

Edited by TxRover

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

So I thought the whole “burying the story” idea was to release the news as close to 5PM , on a Friday afternoon, as possible. You can also release another (more palatable) story to bury it further…maybe a fan’s Q and A? Maybe Rawlins is running a jobs scheme with the Council? How many people is that on the staff now versus the squad, because it seems a bit unbalanced in League One.

P.S. Why do the Q and A three days after the Airdrie game instead of a weekly two earlier after the East Fife game, seems a typically poor decision. 

Presumably that's when the Rawlins are over. 

4 hours ago, Rocco said:

Does it matter? He’s maybe really good at what he does. I get slagging off the signing of Holts son, but just feels like you’re looking for any reason to have a dig

This forum is all about having a gripe or dig if your not happy piss off to the Facebook fans page there's loads of like-minded we accept any shite on there. Some actually believe we have quality players and we will blow teams away 😆😆

Edited by ebobsboy

Having just listened to the Sheerin pre match interview I'm with the person on here who mentioned we should just stop doing them. Especially as Andy Thompson's weaseld himself back in. 

"You said a few weeks ago this is a squad game, it really is isn't it?"

What kind of question is that?

How about 'Other than Williamson who else is missing through injury tomorrow?'

10 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Having just listened to the Sheerin pre match interview I'm with the person on here who mentioned we should just stop doing them. Especially as Andy Thompson's weaseld himself back in. 

It's utter shite, i got the Alloa stream and the commentary called us poisonous fans! 

My view on these.
It’s all about communication communication communication.
Yes the questioning is a bit weak at times but it still gives a view from the club re the manager’s thinking and injury news etc. It can also act as an good opportunity to praise to individual players and for the manager to provide explanations for actions - like why buy a player and put him out on loan? (That was an opportunity missed)
It wasn’t that long we were bemoaning the silence for the club.
Remember a good few years back we used to have a full half hour preview that was aired on central FM called The Falkirk Football Program?

12 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Can’t have it every way. Closing the academy was an atrocious decision that I am glad they are urgently rectifying. The only thing I’ve been impressed with the whole “vision” of the club recently has been how quickly Fergus et al have recruited some seemingly competent youngsters for our youth teams. But, as you say, this has basically zero impact on our current first team at present, who we all pay money to see every Saturday  

I was speaking to someone at work from East Kilbride and he was watching his lad play under 16s against a youth side affiliated to Celtic, can’t remember the name. There was a lad playing up front and he said he was outstanding, better than everyone on the park and he had just signed for Falkirk and he was deemed not good enough for them. There might be a few that are just being signed to make up the numbers but there could be a few gems too. Good thing is they’re back up and running, that’s got to be the most positive thing the clubs done recently.

27 minutes ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

I was speaking to someone at work from East Kilbride and he was watching his lad play under 16s against a youth side affiliated to Celtic, can’t remember the name. There was a lad playing up front and he said he was outstanding, better than everyone on the park and he had just signed for Falkirk and he was deemed not good enough for them. There might be a few that are just being signed to make up the numbers but there could be a few gems too. Good thing is they’re back up and running, that’s got to be the most positive thing the clubs done recently.

At least Fergus seems to be using his budget in a far more positive way than the Muppets running the first team. We'd maybe be better off reducing the money wasted on it and giving him more cash.  Lets face it if we didn't have development sides we'd simply be pissing more money down the drain  on diddies like Mackay and Wilson.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

This forum is all about having a gripe or dig if your not happy piss off to the Facebook fans page there's loads of like-minded we accept any shite on there. Some actually believe we have quality players and we will blow teams away [emoji38][emoji38]

Just because I’m not moaning about every little thing does not mean I accept any shite. I’m far from happy with the club and results but I don’t really see this appointment as something to moan about

42 minutes ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

Definitely positive. 

There was also that cryptic (and bitter?) message from some punter on here about a month ago. Can’t exactly remember the content but wasn’t the gist of the message other clubs (many in Edinburgh) had put in hard work on these kids and we’d poached them? If so, magnificent. 

9 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

I thought we’d exterminated that rat. No fuckin shame!

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

Definitely positive. 

There was also that cryptic (and bitter?) message from some punter on here about a month ago. Can’t exactly remember the content but wasn’t the gist of the message other clubs (many in Edinburgh) had put in hard work on these kids and we’d poached them? If so, magnificent. 

Good if we have as we wouldn’t be the first and won’t be the last doing it.

14 hours ago, bejazz1 said:

Sorry to quote my own post here but people criticise the club for not listening to their views. I make a suggestion and within 2 hours it’s arranged. That’s what I call service!!!

What a clubemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Please suggest on here they f**k off then. 

1 hour ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

I thought we’d exterminated that rat. No fuckin shame!

Sums up the current bod. Letting him slither back in without a mention. Guy should never be near the club again after threatening to assault another board member. Just shows the kind of characters deans and co are happy to work with.

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Definitely positive. 

Yeh they said something about that. Had a look and Fergus and his son ran coaching programmes. Seems Declan was taking kids affiliated with clubs such as Celtic so these players we’ve amassed probably came from their programmes. 

What I noted looking back is that it suggests the players in the development team will get the chance to win a contract at Falkirk. The way it’s written suggests that they are not contracted with us yet. Anyone know the full ins and outs? 

Whatever the gripes about FFC whether it players, tactics, manager, running of the club.

One thing all fans at the game today have to do is cheer and support the team on the park to a win.

Anything else but a win even better with a bit of style will be a disaster

If ever there was a season defining game it is this one.