The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I wonder if the Rawlins know what they have let themselves in for. Could be an uncomfortable night of things haven't improved.

Wonder if Phil will have another big list- implemented new quarterly Q and A, set up a new partnership with the Inchyra for the quarterly Q and A, devised a 10 part plan on how to allow fans to ask questions, arranged transport for board members to attend said events etc…

Well Sheerin's pre match interview was about as interesting as paint drying, seems in his deluded state that we have plenty cover bigged up Gary Miller, having loads of shots but can't keep a clean sheet, mentioned his favs Ruth and Ross, actually probably grudgingly mentioned Keena's free kick. Note to self Paul ( scribble down your players names on a bit paper post match interview this week) 

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 minute ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I see we’ve employed another youth coach 

Lead professional phase coach- we sure like to give people important titles! Still definitely what’s needed right now rather than a decent player.

Wild stab in the dark too but is he any relation to Ian Fergus per chance!? 

2 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Lead professional phase coach- we sure like to give people important titles! Still definitely what’s needed right now rather than a decent player.

Wild stab in the dark too but is he any relation to Ian Fergus per chance!? 

Nowt like keeping it in the family if so, jobs for the boys!! 

Guest Caractacus Potts
4 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

If he’s good at his job then guess it shouldn’t matter but we do feel a bit of a topsy turvy club right now. Also want to know more details about the youth teams. Clearly he’s been involved as he had his own coaching academy in Edinburgh where we trialled these players.  Makes a bit of sense now how we managed to get a few decent teams from just trialling 60 kids but are these players 100% contracted to Falkirk or is there some caveat we’re unaware of or is this role in exchange for taking players off his books?

Seems pretty positive on the outset but again seems like we’re plugging resources in to the wrong area right now. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
9 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I do support reintroducing the youth system in a sustainable way but for me the priority should always be the first team.

I’m not convinced that’s where any available resources should be going when the playing squad is well short of quality.

Just wrote similar before seeing this. Something we actually seem to agree on for once!

46 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I do support reintroducing the youth system in a sustainable way but for me the priority should always be the first team.

I’m not convinced that’s where any available resources should be going when the playing squad is well short of quality.

Can’t have it every way. Closing the academy was an atrocious decision that I am glad they are urgently rectifying. The only thing I’ve been impressed with the whole “vision” of the club recently has been how quickly Fergus et al have recruited some seemingly competent youngsters for our youth teams. But, as you say, this has basically zero impact on our current first team at present, who we all pay money to see every Saturday  

Does it matter? He’s maybe really good at what he does. I get slagging off the signing of Holts son, but just feels like you’re looking for any reason to have a dig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Does it matter? He’s maybe really good at what he does. I get slagging off the signing of Holts son, but just feels like you’re looking for any reason to have a dig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He may well be but it would be an awful coincidence if the best person for the job just happened to be a close relative of the head of youth development.