The Falkirk FC Thread

26 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Many of them will never try a different approach because they won't be particularly bothered!

Then we’re never going to get the unity we need, hence the constant anger and frustration from moaning c*nts like me. It’s a viscous circle.

Edited by MSG GTF!

3 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

Then we’re never going to get the unity we need, hence the constant anger and frustration from moaning c*nts like me. It’s a viscous circle.

It's a sticky situation, for sure.

Edit fucking f**k you all the way to fucking f**k @Newbornbairn

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

1 hour ago, MSG GTF! said:

I don't think that's quite right. We'd never ever get everyone agreeing but I do think we'd get enough folk involved or willing to put their name to something that suggests a way forward.

We need some ideas folks!

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

SPFL have given it to Ruth so that's the official line. I'm happy with that because the laddie needs a wee confidence boost and Sheerin needs to know that we need two strikers on the park!

Didn’t realise that. Hopefully it does him well like you say. 

I think the most disappointing thing for most on here is the role the Rawlins are playing and look detached from financing and taking and active role in shaping our future. I think we all expected much much more considering their involvement and their bluster.
Of course, we are assuming that he (Phil) was instrumental behind the scenes at Stoke and Orlando? Maybe his input was investment only and it was others who drove the change and formulated their successful strategies.
As many have mentioned on here it is difficult to impact wholesale changes at this time as the club have already got their hands on our cash. The banner at Montrose last Saturday would have resonated with a few on the board and could signal the start of a future unrest amongst the fans. I say that because I think there are a good percentage willing to give the current incumbents a chance to see how and if the football side improves between now and Christmas. I’m pretty sure that there’s no improvement then changes will be made on all fronts.
I think it could be a good idea to have the board meet with a cross representation of fans to discuss how we move forward without preloaded questions so we can get our head rounds what the real focus is here. The people who have ponied up the cash and bought shares should have a voice as shareholders and need to make their voices heard in a constructive manner. It is still early in the season so let’s see what happens.
Football is a results based business and I’m afraid drive the mood on forums like these. I sometimes feel we could have played 8 games, won 8 games and some on here would still not be happy - sometimes some of our fans are only happy when they’re not happy! I’m sorry but that’s how I feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

I think the most disappointing thing for most on here is the role the Rawlins are playing and look detached from financing and taking and active role in shaping our future. I think we all expected much much more considering their involvement and their bluster.
Of course, we are assuming that he (Phil) was instrumental behind the scenes at Stoke and Orlando? Maybe his input was investment only and it was others who drove the change and formulated their successful strategies.
As many have mentioned on here it is difficult to impact wholesale changes at this time as the club have already got their hands on our cash. The banner at Montrose last Saturday would have resonated with a few on the board and could signal the start of a future unrest amongst the fans. I say that because I think there are a good percentage willing to give the current incumbents a chance to see how and if the football side improves between now and Christmas. I’m pretty sure that there’s no improvement then changes will be made on all fronts.
I think it could be a good idea to have the board meet with a cross representation of fans to discuss how we move forward without preloaded questions so we can get our head rounds what the real focus is here. The people who have ponied up the cash and bought shares should have a voice as shareholders and need to make their voices heard in a constructive manner. It is still early in the season so let’s see what happens.
Football is a results based business and I’m afraid drive the mood on forums like these. I sometimes feel we could have played 8 games, won 8 games and some on here would still not be happy - sometimes some of our fans are only happy when they’re not happy! I’m sorry but that’s how I feel.

Rawlins investment is peanuts to them and no more than a foot in the door.

He will invest more that is for certain but will do that when he will get most return share wise from his investment.

Non promotion this season would suit him just fine.

Rawlins investment is peanuts to them and no more than a foot in the door.
He will invest more that is for certain but will do that when he will get most return share wise from his investment.
Non promotion this season would suit him just fine.

Do you use a template for your posts?

Guest Caractacus Potts
13 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

Strange way to end that summation. Was with you all the way till you decided to make some conjecture against fans continually not being happy at one of the worst periods in our history where we’ve faced a rapid decline over 5 years. Not just one bad season!

My opinion was that it would be luck more than design if everything clicked. I was sceptical about M and M, Sheerin and Holt and not convinced a couple of non fans running the show are the best thing for our club. I have zero faith in those running the club and for good reason.

There may be some new faces but they’re just pals of the old ones self selecting a bunch of sycophants to enable them. The Rawlins as you say are a huge disappointment. I’ve had plenty of reservations about everything on here as I’ve been tired of being taken for a fool time and time again. Last season was the straw that broke the camels back for me and the NB fiasco just underlined that nothing has changed at the top. We are still undermined by the same incompetent egotistical and unattached board members as has plagued us for years. 

Maybe you’re right that some will moan whatever the results but that’s because a lot of us are looking beyond that. What I would say to rebut your claim is that no matter what crap the club dredges up or how disastrous the club has been run for years, some fans will forget it all after just a few narrow wins against part time teams! 

6 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Sorry to interrupt your debate, but tomorrow I'm planning on making my maiden voyage to the Falkirk Stadium. Can anyone confirm that there's definitely a pay at the gate option for visiting fans? 

From the club website:
Please note that two CASH ONLY pay at the gate turnstiles will be in operation this Saturday, both situated in the North Stand. One will be available for home fans and one for away fans.

If you don't do cash then I guess your only option is to buy online here: https://falkirkfc.tickethour.co.uk/privateSales.html?deepLink=99&hash=oOxQMHcHWObucIXuSRaO0PttKCE1550

11 minutes ago, Sputnik said:

From the club website:
Please note that two CASH ONLY pay at the gate turnstiles will be in operation this Saturday, both situated in the North Stand. One will be available for home fans and one for away fans.

If you don't do cash then I guess your only option is to buy online here: https://falkirkfc.tickethour.co.uk/privateSales.html?deepLink=99&hash=oOxQMHcHWObucIXuSRaO0PttKCE1550

No, I still do cash. Thanks for that

Strange way to end that summation. Was with you all the way till you decided to make some conjecture against fans continually not being happy at one of the worst periods in our history where we’ve faced a rapid decline over 5 years. Not just one bad season!

I know I’ve been there. My comments are not directed as the bulk of Falkirk fans. Going back over the years we’ve had some success. We were trying to get into top 6 just over a decade ago and in so trying to get to the dizzy heights not seen since the Jeffries era but some very unhappy about even at that time.

Every club has fans that are never happy. I can’t help the way I feel that some people come across. I mentioned in an earlier post about fans being either all sugar or all shite. Nothing has happened to make me think differently.

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 minute ago, bejazz1 said:

I know I’ve been there. My comments are not directed as the bulk of Falkirk fans. Going back over the years we’ve had some success. We were trying to get into top 6 just over a decade ago and in so trying to get to the dizzy heights not seen since the Jeffries era but some very unhappy about even at that time.

Every club has fans that are never happy. I can’t help the way I feel that some people come across. I mentioned in an earlier post about fans being either all sugar or all shite. Nothing has happened to make me think differently.

I get what you’re saying. All fans are fickle. I just think at this moment in time it’s hard to fault anyone for criticising the club. I do think there are ways to go about it and don’t agree with some of the abuse but I can totally understand where it’s coming from. 

7 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

You’re correct.

We have fans who are never happier unless they’re moaning.

Strangely, they refuse to go or watch the games under the mantra of ‘we’re not giving the BOD any cash’ but still feel able to post on here to vent their spleen without even seeing the team play.

Weird!!

21 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

You’re correct.

We have fans who are never happier unless they’re moaning.

Strangely, they refuse to go or watch the games under the mantra of ‘we’re not giving the BOD any cash’ but still feel able to post on here to vent their spleen without even seeing the team play.

Weird!!

Some are, there's no doubt about that.

But as I said the other day, I genuinely think the vast majority of our fanbase is punch-drunk. It's like boiling a frog. We haven't had a sudden financial meltdown, but the incremental decline from 2009 onwards has been borne because a) it's been relatively long drawn out, and b) we've had the odd highlight like the Farid season, 2015 cup final, 2016 run to the play off final etc. That's why our crowds are quite frankly fucking amazing. Call it a crowdwank all you like, but to get the attendances we still do after the last decade we've had is astounding.

If we could have gone from the full time whistle at Inverness in May 2009 to the current disaster area in one swoop you would have riots on your hands.

Regarding moaning without seeing the team play - well that's perfectly valid. One look at the absolute state of our results at the end of last season and over the last month would entitle any Falkirk fan to go radge. You would not have to have seen one second of play to know it was utterly, utterly unacceptable. Any other view is just #truefan pish.

The next Quarterly Fans Q&A session will take place on Tuesday 19th October 7pm–8:30pm at the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel.

This will be an opportunity for supporters to come along and ask questions of the Club’s Board of Directors, Sporting Director Gary Holt, Head Coach Paul Sheerin and new Chief Executive Jamie Swinney.

The Fans Q&A will also be an opportunity for supporters to meet with Phil & Carrie Rawlins who will be making their first trip to Falkirk.

The Q&A will be chaired by Dave Mac and Falkirk TV’s Lewis Connolly. Supporters, whether able to attend on the night or not, will be able to submit questions directly to Lewis via FTVLewis@gmail.com. We will also take questions from the floor on the night.

The Q&A will be filmed by Falkirk TV and available online the following day for all supporters to view.

We’re in the third tier of Scottish football for the 3rd year in a row and we’re absolutely dugmeat. Any fan that is content with how things are going or are not ‘moaning’ or having a go at how the club is being run and the direction we’re going in need to have a fucking serious word with themselves.