The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I’m 100% serious in saying doing this would’ve produced a better squad than the models, scouts, directors of football, manager and coaches that currently make up our recruitment team 

Gary Holt identifying our latest signing target.

2014 US Open: The Outsiders – Links to articles and blog posts about the  glorious game of golf!

"How am I doing Corrzo"?

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We possibly wouldn't have signed nesbitt though.

Rough with the smooth I guess. 

Also been gnawing at me that tattood Superfan Holt hasn’t been able to snag a single player on loan from Killie since his time here. They’ve got a large squad this year and last but nothing. Nada. A basic (and most important?) requirement of DOF is surely contacts? 

Guest Caractacus Potts
6 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

There is usually a degree of split opinion over a player; some people think they have something to offer, while others don't particularly fancy them, that's football. What is concerning with the WIlson situation is literally 99.9% of posters on here said he would be an absolutely gash signing. We had Dumbarton fans who watched him all of last season, too incredulous that we had actually signed him to mock us, instead asking what the f**k we were thinking.

I really don't want to attack Wilson personally, because he is a human trying to earn a living at the end of the day - of course he was going to sign a 2 year contract when he was offered it. The buck for this debacle firmly lies at the feet of Holt and Sheerin. What were they thinking? It stinks, and is symptomatic of a club in shambles.

This is why I don’t understand a previous saying we wanted an SD when Hartley was in charge. Like Wilson it surely doesn’t need you to pay a guy £50k to have question marks of whether a player is good enough to play for us. A quick look at their history and what other fans are saying then a couple of phone calls to contacts should suss out whether they’re worth the money. Obviously you need to put faith in your manager but doesn’t say that you shouldn’t question signings before releasing the money. Wilson is proof of that. Unfortunately Hartley signed a bundle of Wilson’s. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

5 hours ago, superandy_07 said:

Happy days, does the loan window close tonight?

It does suggest one up front is for Christmas and beyond tho.

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Mcguffies been pretty shite too. Against Dumbarton all he did was keep passing the ball.back.

TBF he will have his head up and see Ruth or Nesbitt surrounded by 7 Dumbarton players whilst we have 6 players to pass to easily behind him

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I reckon Wilson was  loaned out to balance the books . Not convinced we'll.get anyone in today.

Elgin will be paying two trays of pies worth if anything to us,hardly a book balancer. 

3 hours ago, MSG GTF! said:

Explain “Shagger”.

No need for the punctuation, it's a fact! :rolleyes:

To me, just my opinion of course, you seem to red dot anything remotely positive and green dot anything negative about the club. You also appear to be more abusive than most on the forum and, again, only my opinion, I don't think it does anything to galvanise the fans.

There's no doubt that there's a lot wrong with the club at the moment and the BOD need to be held accountable. As a fan base though we need to be united in attempting change. I just don't think that your strategy is the way to go about it.

Starving them of money is certainly one way and I think they must surely have noticed the down turn in ST, sponsorship, sales of merchandise etc. I haven't bought a ST for a few years now but I find it too difficult not to attend as I have for the last 53 years so I pay at the gate (well on line anyway). On the other hand though I can guarantee you that there are folk who say they 'won't give them another penny' and are very vocal on social media about it who have in fact either bought a ST or PATG. That does absolutely nothing to help!

Perhaps using the word 'idiot' was uncalled for. Maybe I should have said misguided or similar so, for that, I apologise.

10 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

The Thursday before a really important game on Saturday and nobody has as yet started a game thread. Shows how all pissed off we are. There is little or no joy in supporting the Bairns these days.

#Scunnered.

FTFY if anyone is arsed. Felt obligated more for the handful of East Fife fans that can be bothered as much as us. 

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

No need for the punctuation, it's a fact! :rolleyes:

To me, just my opinion of course, you seem to red dot anything remotely positive and green dot anything negative about the club. You also appear to be more abusive than most on the forum and, again, only my opinion, I don't think it does anything to galvanise the fans.

There's no doubt that there's a lot wrong with the club at the moment and the BOD need to be held accountable. As a fan base though we need to be united in attempting change. I just don't think that your strategy is the way to go about it.

Starving them of money is certainly one way and I think they must surely have noticed the down turn in ST, sponsorship, sales of merchandise etc. I haven't bought a ST for a few years now but I find it too difficult not to attend as I have for the last 53 years so I pay at the gate (well on line anyway). On the other hand though I can guarantee you that there are folk who say they 'won't give them another penny' and are very vocal on social media about it who have in fact either bought a ST or PATG. That does absolutely nothing to help!

Perhaps using the word 'idiot' was uncalled for. Maybe I should have said misguided or similar so, for that, I apologise.

No need to apologise for the remark, I’ve been called a lot worse. As you say, I’m not shy in dishing out verbals myself so I’m not precious when they come my way. I was more bamboozled by the suggestion that my actions on this forum somehow do the NB group no favours. I support their bid wholeheartedly but I am absolutely not a part of it. 

What’s happening at our Club is scandalous and as a fanbase we do need to be united. My anger and frustration stems from the fact we STILL have people defending this board. Does that merit me calling them c*nts? Probably not. But when you watch something you care about so passionate fall to bits in front of you, sometimes the anger and frustration causes people to act irrationally (much the same as those who reacted at the match last Saturday).

At what point do the fans unite and say “enough is enough”? When do we take action to get our Club back into the hands of the right people? Far too many still seem happy to plod along to The Falkirk Stadium every fortnight without any desire to force change. I cannot, after years of decline, get my head around that logic.

Edited by MSG GTF!

3 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I think before Holt or Sheerin for that matter identify any further signings they should consult their previous clubs fans on P&B to ascertain their scale on the shiteometer. It's amazing the amount of times we are told that signings are shite by fans and 99.9% of the time they are spot on.

It's a fair point.

I'm no scout or coach but having watched wilson in one pre season game against stirling University I was shocked at how poor he was. I came on here at that time and said so. it's not something I like doing and isn't anything personal against wilson but against whoever was responsible for watching him over a prolonged period, signing him for a criminal 2 year period, then loaning him out a couple of months later after doing absolutely nothing as everyone predicted. this reflects yet again very poorly on especially deans who said per q&a (thanks for the reminder bpm) how our recruitment was far superior now.  what a joke. and for the hundredth time how is Holt still in a job? isn't he accountable to anyone?

the only other time I felt as strongly to come on and have a go before the season started was the Hartley season. After watching us beat alloa 2-1 in a pre season friendly I thought we were really poor. favourites to win the league and ended up relegated. dennon Lewis was as poor as wilson in my eyes. headless chicken.  so in summary maybe the fans aren't as daft as Holt made out in the q&a

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

At least Keena is not Kirkcaldy bound as seemed likely a couple of days ago.

If true, and that has been said a bit in Fife, that is unbelievable… what is your manager thinking?… And aren’t others questioning why does a team a league above want to sign a player that cant get  a place in the current losing team?

4 hours ago, MSG GTF! said:

No need to apologise for the remark, I’ve been called a lot worse. As you say, I’m not shy in dishing out verbals myself so I’m not precious when they come my way. I was more bamboozled by the suggestion that my actions on this forum somehow do the NB group no favours. I support their bid wholeheartedly but I am absolutely not a part of it. 

What’s happening at our Club is scandalous and as a fanbase we do need to be united. My anger and frustration stems from the fact we STILL have people defending this board. Does that merit me calling them c*nts? Probably not. But when you watch something you care about so passionate fall to bits in front of you, sometimes the anger and frustration causes people to act irrationally (much the same as those who reacted at the match last Saturday).

At what point do the fans unite and say “enough is enough”? When do we take action to get our Club back into the hands of the right people? Far too many still seem happy to plod along to The Falkirk Stadium every fortnight without any desire to force change. I cannot, after years of decline, get my head around that logic.

For me the second highlighted bit answers the first.

We all want the same thing and need to find a way that, as a group, we can achieve it.