The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Attend games and protest.  I guarantee that banner at the last game will have been noticed and discussed - you need to escalate that and make voices heard.   Speak to likeminded fans, organise the same in bigger numbers and hound them out over weeks.  

It wouldn't surprise me if some of the most vocal anti-board protesters haven't even emailed the board to make their feelings known - I certainly haven't seen any emails or replies shared here.  

I'm not saying there it won't be hard to do but organised protests have a far better chance of causing change than sitting back on a PC abusing other supporters for being 'soft' or c*nts

I did during the 2nd half of the Partick 5-nil scudding back in April - no response. 

Money is where it will hurt them.

29 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Why should we bother though when clearly there is a lack of appetite on here. I speak for myself as do others. Staging a protest would be to speak on behalf of the whole fan base. I was pissed off when that letter was sent in regarding Hughes so wouldn’t think that a small group of us speak on behalf of the whole support.

There’s no appetite for a protest and so much to your disappointment I’ll continue to voice my concerns on here, as is the norm for forums. Just because I’m not for organising a protest though does not mean that I can’t criticise the same way you can pick formations without having to send a copy to Paul Sheerin so let’s stop this chat. 

We’re 6th in League One having lost 3 times already and finished 5th last year. Why voicing criticism on here should be a problem for others frankly says a lot. 

Going about it by calling other fans c*nts on a forum was specifically what I was rallying against..  

Guest Caractacus Potts
6 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Going about it by calling other fans c*nts on a forum was specifically what I was rallying against..  

I haven’t done that. You’ve had as much a go at myself and others so not like you’re completely free from slating other supporters. 

33 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I reckon Wilson was  loaned out to balance the books . Not convinced we'll.get anyone in today.

Going by the standard of the majority of signings so far, the "meticulously researched"  - "we've had him watched"  - " fits the required player profile" -   bullshit we've been fed,  I'd rather we didn't bother getting in anyone tbh as Holt & Sheerin can't be trusted.

Although in reality we should bring in about half a dozen.  Shambolic.  

Edited by Dennistoun Bairn

4 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

As opposed to the hard guys who anonymously call themselves MSGGTF and post on a message board none of the board probably read.  Vive la revolution!  

I don’t say anything on this forum that I wouldn’t say elsewhere. I’ve made my feelings known on numerous occasions on various other platforms and regularly at matches. I don’t claim to be a “hard man” but I certainly don’t hide my feelings towards the shower running our Club into the gutter!

3 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Attend games and protest.  I guarantee that banner at the last game will have been noticed and discussed - you need to escalate that and make voices heard.   Speak to likeminded fans, organise the same in bigger numbers and hound them out over weeks.  

It wouldn't surprise me if some of the most vocal anti-board protesters haven't even emailed the board to make their feelings known - I certainly haven't seen any emails or replies shared here.  

I'm not saying there it won't be hard to do but organised protests have a far better chance of causing change than sitting back on a PC abusing other supporters for being 'soft' or c*nts

What about doing all of the above in addition to calling folk soft c*nts? Is that out with the realms of possibility?

Guest Ecosse83

Just looked at Twitter after work to see Wilson has been loaned out. What the actual f**k is going on at our club! Get Holt so far into the sea already and although I thought Sheerin deserves a chance ultimately he had a say as as well so he can GTF as well. Absolutely sick of this club now! 

Edited by Ecosse83

Just looked at Twitter after work to see Wilson has been loaned out. What the actual f**k is going on at our club! Get Holt so far into the sea already and although I thought Sheerin deserves a chance ultimately he had a say as as well so he can GTF as well. Absolutely sick of this club now! 

I think it takes balls on own up and show that they made a boob in signing Wilson. The good thing is that this has been recognised and necessary action taken. I’m sure the people who don’t agree with Sheerins vision would be the first to slate him for doing nothing

Let’s hope we bring in someone today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is usually a degree of split opinion over a player; some people think they have something to offer, while others don't particularly fancy them, that's football. What is concerning with the WIlson situation is literally 99.9% of posters on here said he would be an absolutely gash signing. We had Dumbarton fans who watched him all of last season, too incredulous that we had actually signed him to mock us, instead asking what the f**k we were thinking.

I really don't want to attack Wilson personally, because he is a human trying to earn a living at the end of the day - of course he was going to sign a 2 year contract when he was offered it. The buck for this debacle firmly lies at the feet of Holt and Sheerin. What were they thinking? It stinks, and is symptomatic of a club in shambles.

2 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

I think it takes balls on own up and show that they made a boob in signing Wilson. The good thing is that this has been recognised and necessary action taken. I’m sure the people who don’t agree with Sheerins vision would be the first to slate him for doing nothing

Let’s hope we bring in someone today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problem is this is really an unacceptable f**k up. If you have a guy on trial and then sign him for two years he shouldn't turn out to be feckin hopeless and punted out the door before the same transfer window has even shut. It really does not give you much confidence in the clowns running recruitment. When will they own up about signing feckin mackay on a 3 year deal.

I think before Holt or Sheerin for that matter identify any further signings they should consult their previous clubs fans on P&B to ascertain their scale on the shiteometer. It's amazing the amount of times we are told that signings are shite by fans and 99.9% of the time they are spot on.

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I think before Holt or Sheerin for that matter identify any further signings they should consult their previous clubs fans on P&B to ascertain their scale on the shiteometer. It's amazing the amount of times we are told that signings are shite by fans and 99.9% of the time they are spot on.

I’m 100% serious in saying doing this would’ve produced a better squad than the models, scouts, directors of football, manager and coaches that currently make up our recruitment team 

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

To quote Gary Deans on the Q&A.

”without throwing anyone under a bus The recruitment now is er em eh way better that what I er em eh witnessed before” 

The Wilson signing shows it isn’t. 

Sorry big man I can’t let this pass. That is not a direct quote and you should be embarrassed posting it 

it was um eh. Not er em eh.