The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses

To quote Gary Deans on the Q&A.

”without throwing anyone under a bus The recruitment now is er em eh way better that what I er em eh witnessed before” 

The Wilson signing shows it isn’t. 

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

”without throwing anyone under a bus The recruitment now is er em eh way better that what I er em eh witnessed before” 

It is worse now than in the rest of my lifetime. 

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Add Brad Mckay on a 3 year deal to that.

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Tbh a player we signed only a few weeks ago being punted on loan to Elgin sums up the shambles that’s been our recruitment over the last 5 years.

Well over a hundred signings- the vast majority nowhere near good enough. We won’t be going anywhere as a club until that changes.

The sad thing is most of the rest of the squad could go as well and you wouldn’t bat an eyelid.

Don't agree with that bit. I feel that some of them aren't being used properly though and a formation change is required. Don't think that will happen however.

From the current squad I've been unimpressed with McKay, Hall, Hetherington and, to a lesser extent, Miller (because he's ok for back-up) and Ompreon.

I think the rest are okay at this level and would be able to make the step up a league.

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Attend games and protest.  I guarantee that banner at the last game will have been noticed and discussed - you need to escalate that and make voices heard.   Speak to likeminded fans, organise the same in bigger numbers and hound them out over weeks.  

It wouldn't surprise me if some of the most vocal anti-board protesters haven't even emailed the board to make their feelings known - I certainly haven't seen any emails or replies shared here.  

I'm not saying there it won't be hard to do but organised protests have a far better chance of causing change than sitting back on a PC abusing other supporters for being 'soft' or c*nts

We will agree to disagree but my opinion stays the same. Our board are so arrogant that protests will mean nothing to them, the only way to make them sit up and take notice is if ST sales and gates start going down. The only way to force change and make them engage towards proper fan involvement is to starve them of cash. It may be pain in the shorter term but I feel it would be for the benefit in the long run. Whilst there is an us and them attitude we will never all be pulling in the same direction for the good of our club.

As I say though each to their own, if folk still want to give them cash that is up to them.

5 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

We will agree to disagree but my opinion stays the same. Our board are so arrogant that protests will mean nothing to them, the only way to make them sit up and take notice is if ST sales and gates start going down. The only way to force change and make them engage towards proper fan involvement is to starve them of cash. It may be pain in the shorter term but I feel it would be for the benefit in the long run. Whilst there is an us and them attitude we will never all be pulling in the same direction for the good of our club.

As I say though each to their own, if folk still want to give them cash that is up to them.

I agree with the logic but it's not working and so would be the slowest of slow burners as next chance isn't until next summer.  Protests are the only way to make voices heard now.  

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

If we haven't asked for him to not play in the Scottish Cup, he'll be on display for the entire nation when Elgin go to Clydebank for the televised Round 2 game.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

He'll end up scoring a hat-trick or something.

League 2/LL/HL is about his level, he generally scored against the lower league teams for us. Elgin is exactly the sort of club I expected him to sign for originally tbh. 

Add Brad Mckay on a 3 year deal to that.

That’s potentially worse than the Wilson signing btw. Wilson is ganting and more than likely won’t play another minute for us. Brad McKay on the other hand will still be here for at least another 18 months and continue to stink the place out and cost us countless goals during that time.

23 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Raith will be in for Gullan you'd think if they were sniffing about Keena.  

We've no chance.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/reports-claim-kilmarnock-in-for-hibs-striker-as-tommy-wright-eyes-easter-road-reunion-at-rugby-park-3365379

Just now, Bairn in Exile said:

They've got Robinson, Shaw, Cameron and have just signed Callum Hendry on loan so they are maybe done on the striker front. Especially as that article was from a month ago.

54 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Don't agree with that bit. I feel that some of them aren't being used properly though and a formation change is required. Don't think that will happen however.

From the current squad I've been unimpressed with McKay, Hall, Hetherington and, to a lesser extent, Miller (because he's ok for back-up) and Ompreon.

I think the rest are okay at this level and would be able to make the step up a league.

Mcguffies been pretty shite too. Against Dumbarton all he did was keep passing the ball.back.

Guest Caractacus Potts
46 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I agree with the logic but it's not working and so would be the slowest of slow burners as next chance isn't until next summer.  Protests are the only way to make voices heard now.  

Why should we bother though when clearly there is a lack of appetite on here. I speak for myself as do others. Staging a protest would be to speak on behalf of the whole fan base. I was pissed off when that letter was sent in regarding Hughes so wouldn’t think that a small group of us speak on behalf of the whole support.

There’s no appetite for a protest and so much to your disappointment I’ll continue to voice my concerns on here, as is the norm for forums. Just because I’m not for organising a protest though does not mean that I can’t criticise the same way you can pick formations without having to send a copy to Paul Sheerin so let’s stop this chat. 

We’re 6th in League One having lost 3 times already and finished 5th last year. Why voicing criticism on here should be a problem for others frankly says a lot.