The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
20 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

It's more concerning that we've fell that low that East Fife's seen as a really important game to be honest.

Following the really important Queens Park, Alloa, Dumbarton and Montrose games that we managed a whole point out of 

13 hours ago, MSG GTF! said:

I didn’t mention anyone “voicing their concerns” actually.

You might consider people shouting a “tyrant of offensive abuse” as “embarrassing”. I see people venting their anger about something they care passionately about. Save me the heartfelt p!sh about trying to do two guys a good turn. This board are getting an easy ride and the blame for that lies with the soft lads defending them.

As opposed to the hard guys who anonymously call themselves MSGGTF and post on a message board none of the board probably read.  Vive la revolution!  

Can't see us signing a right back unless Williamson is ruled out for the season.  Miller will be considered the stand in for shorter periods that he's out.  Hopefully this groin strain isn't as bad as the last as he does offer far more going forward when he's on the pitch.  

Given the choice I'd bring in a new centre half..

9 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

As opposed to the hard guys who anonymously call themselves MSGGTF and post on a message board none of the board probably read.  Vive la revolution!  

Please give us an idea of what you would do to get your message across to the board. Some of us on here haven't renewed ST's and don't buy merch. 50/50's etc so we are not financing them. Others choose to go to games and voice their displeasure there, I'm not condoning stuff like vandalising folks cars or some of the other shit that has gone before but what would your answer be. The club is on a massive slide and nothing appears to be getting done to address it despite the bullshit Deans and Co.  feed the fans.

31 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Please give us an idea of what you would do to get your message across to the board. Some of us on here haven't renewed ST's and don't buy merch. 50/50's etc so we are not financing them. Others choose to go to games and voice their displeasure there, I'm not condoning stuff like vandalising folks cars or some of the other shit that has gone before but what would your answer be. The club is on a massive slide and nothing appears to be getting done to address it despite the bullshit Deans and Co.  feed the fans.

Attend games and protest.  I guarantee that banner at the last game will have been noticed and discussed - you need to escalate that and make voices heard.   Speak to likeminded fans, organise the same in bigger numbers and hound them out over weeks.  

It wouldn't surprise me if some of the most vocal anti-board protesters haven't even emailed the board to make their feelings known - I certainly haven't seen any emails or replies shared here.  

I'm not saying there it won't be hard to do but organised protests have a far better chance of causing change than sitting back on a PC abusing other supporters for being 'soft' or c*nts

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

On the one hand, I'm glad the club have acted relatively quickly and seen their mistake allowing us to get at least some of his wages off the books with hopefully, although very unlikely given the date, someone else coming in at the back of him.

On the other hand, this really does signify how much of a basket-case club we've been recently. Under contract for a total of 83 days and under the clubs eye for longer than that including the trial period. How his performance against a some Lowland League diddy warranted a two year deal is beyond me. Most had reasonable cause to call him shite from the off.

I hope whoever is responsible for this signing whether it be Sheerin or Holt is getting an absolute earfull off someone.

Edited by Chinatoon Bairn

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

If we haven't asked for him to not play in the Scottish Cup, he'll be on display for the entire nation when Elgin go to Clydebank for the televised Round 2 game.

He'll end up scoring a hat-trick or something.

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Can't see us signing a right back unless Williamson is ruled out for the season.  Miller will be considered the stand in for shorter periods that he's out.  Hopefully this groin strain isn't as bad as the last as he does offer far more going forward when he's on the pitch.  

Given the choice I'd bring in a new centre half..

Miller is a complete liability though. We shouldn't be using him for any more than a one game emergency. Williamson is a good player but if he is going to miss more games than he's going to play we can't rely on miller.

7 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Pretty sure the contracts were all incentive based so if he doesn't hit a certain number of minutes/goals etc he'll be gone before the 2nd year kicks in.  Would have been a lot safer to have just given him 1 year to begin with or let's face it left him well alone!  

Deal to January would've been a safer bet with the option of an ext of he performed. 

Tbh a player we signed only a few weeks ago being punted on loan to Elgin sums up the shambles that’s been our recruitment over the last 5 years.

Well over a hundred signings- the vast majority nowhere near good enough. We won’t be going anywhere as a club until that changes.

The sad thing is most of the rest of the squad could go as well and you wouldn’t bat an eyelid.

2 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Attend games and protest.  I guarantee that banner at the last game will have been noticed and discussed - you need to escalate that and make voices heard.   Speak to likeminded fans, organise the same in bigger numbers and hound them out over weeks.  

It wouldn't surprise me if some of the most vocal anti-board protesters haven't even emailed the board to make their feelings known - I certainly haven't seen any emails or replies shared here.  

I'm not saying there it won't be hard to do but organised protests have a far better chance of causing change than sitting back on a PC abusing other supporters for being 'soft' or c*nts

Correct.

I'm all for fan involvement in the club and, on balance, I'd like to have seen the NB bid succeed; hopefully it's not yet dead. I can only take BPM's word for it that the guys involved are all Falkirk fans and only have the best interests of the club at heart and I've really no reason to doubt him as I know he's exactly that himself.

Their cause is being done no good whatsoever though by the likes of that MSG idiot (and others) acting the way they do.