The Falkirk FC Thread

30 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Nah. Losing to 9 men in a League Cup final easily trumps that. 😂 

At least I’ve seen us win two major trophies in my lifetime. What about you?

Seen us lose 3 despite us being the best side on all 3 occasions. Thats pretty hellish to be honest . But then I'd take a cup final defeat over league one any day.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Guest Back Post Misses
6 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I should say we're becoming more and more content at being a league one club to.be honest.

Interestingly I spoke to someone today who heard guys having a go at fans who were voicing their concerns at the Board when we were 2 down on Saturday. He said it wasn’t just one or two either. 
The chance of unity in the summer looks to be a long way off again. 

Interestingly I spoke to someone today who heard guys having a go at fans who were voicing their concerns at the Board when we were 2 down on Saturday. He said it wasn’t just one or two either. 
In the highlights there was a banner with Hold and Deans out

Ah sorry misread your post....

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

Seem to recall that Jimbo Jeffries was being lined up to take the role until we were budged out of the way for his first love - be interesting to see if Jimbo would have made a better fist of things than Killie Gazza

Ofcourse he would. He has affinity with the club has great experience and an eye for a player, decent contacts, no brainer he'd have did a better job than that c**t. And if the worst did happen and he was thrust into the breach he'd do a better caretaking coach job than Holt aswell. 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

There’s a term for “guys” like that. It’s called a c*nt! Board sympathising c*nts!

2 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Innes Cameron on loan should be our DOF priority the now. 

Scored at this level and the championship plus is 4th/5th choice at Killie after them signing Hendry today.

If we did sign him it would be interesting to see if he started immediately in the team. If he did it would  signal Holt is calling the shots on team selection. But tbh it also seems Sheerin prefers his "boys" who knows the whole thing is a mess. 

Holding back the No 9 shirt for Ruth tells you he is also going to be one of Sheerin’s ever presents.

I suppose Fergie coming good at Man U is the example that is regularly pulled out as the poster boy for “stick by your principles no matter what, and it’ll be hugely successful eventually”.

Sadly if this all goes wrong yet again (and finishing 2nd, 3rd or 4th will be spun as success), Sheerin and Grainger will be the only casualties.

Guest Caractacus Potts
7 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

This forum shows how easy it is to criticise, remember Hartley? He had the freedom and budget to bring in players. He was horrendous for us and how many posters on here were screaming at the board for not having someone with football knowledge above the manager to oversee or advise. Now complete opposite Holt must go because we don't need anyone apart from the manager because somehow what Hartley got wrong could never happen again because we're down a league! 

What's right? I don't know but shouting for a DOF position when we don't have one and screaming we don't need one when we do is frankly ridiculous. Criticism for the sake of it. 

Personally I don't think our team is that far away from getting things right, Montrose, Dumbarton and queens all should've been killed off in the games and rode their luck big time. We've had a dip, lost bad goals and not been clinical up front but we will get stronger and start killing teams off and when we do there isn't a team in this league can cope with us.

Can’t remember many wanting a DOF. Certainly wouldn’t take a football expert to question some of the guys Hartley was bringing in. I was sceptical given their playing careers as I’m sure many others were.

We had Alex Totten at the club too. Football’s a small world so sure it wouldn’t be too hard to get information about some of these players. Would just help if we had a board with some affable people on it that have some gumption about them. 

There’s a term for “guys” like that. It’s called a c*nt! Board sympathising c*nts!

There is a difference between ‘voicing your concerns’ as you put it and embarrassing yourself in public with a tyrant of offensive abuse and frankly lucky not to be ejected from the stand. This is f**k all to do with sympathising with the board but more to do with trying to stop two guys being lifted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, bejazz1 said:

There is a difference between ‘voicing your concerns’ as you put it and embarrassing yourself in public with a tyrant of offensive abuse and frankly lucky not to be ejected from the stand. This is f**k all to do with sympathising with the board but more to do with trying to stop two guys being lifted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn’t mention anyone “voicing their concerns” actually.

You might consider people shouting a “tyrant of offensive abuse” as “embarrassing”. I see people venting their anger about something they care passionately about. Save me the heartfelt p!sh about trying to do two guys a good turn. This board are getting an easy ride and the blame for that lies with the soft lads defending them.

8 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

I think there are a few teams would beg to differ. East Fife will need to be an utter gang for us to get three points on Saturday. 

I didn't say this 🤔

15 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Innes Cameron on loan should be our DOF priority the now. 

Scored at this level and the championship plus is 4th/5th choice at Killie after them signing Hendry today.

The chances of us signing a 5th striker are slim to none. I doubt we'll bother signing anyone today when really we should be bringing in a right back to cover for Williamson when he's out injured.

16 hours ago, Yflab said:

Better than your maw taking a pounding to swell your family’s coffers. 

We rented out our full 4 sided grass stadium. It’s called business. Your club was very nearly liquidated.

My ‘maw’ as you so eloquently put it is long passed away from this earth.

As a fellow poster put it we should just stop quoting you as it gives you the oxygen of publicity 

In my opinion you are an oxygen thief and a fucking clown

1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

The Thursday before a really important game on Saturday and nobody has as yet started a game thread. Shows how all pissed off we are. There is little or no joy in supporting the Bairns these days.

#Scunnered.

It's more concerning that we've fell that low that East Fife's seen as a really important game to be honest.