The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

This.

What really pisses me off in all this though is that fans of other clubs consider this attitude arrogant.  A St. Mirren fan was on this thread a few days ago calling us arrogant and wishing all sorts of ills on us. Yet, if Kilmarnock or Motherwell or St. Mirren etc. found themselves in this league each and every one of their fans would expect to piss this league but when our supporters expect that we are labeled "arrogant".

Nobody likes us, we don't care, eh? F*ck 'em.

We’ve never been down as low as the seaside leagues. Your club really should be strolling this league. That’s what makes it so fcuking funny to see you struggling. It’s karma for all those years you spent money on players rather than modernise Brokeville.

14 minutes ago, Yflab said:

We’ve never been down as low as the seaside leagues. Your club really should be strolling this league. That’s what makes it so fcuking funny to see you struggling. It’s karma for all those years you spent money on players rather than modernise Brokeville.

Modernising Brockville was never a serious option given it’s proximity to railway and housing.

Only options were a move to a new site or complete demolition and rebuild on the area of the car park and Astro pitch.

16 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Modernising Brockville was never a serious option given it’s proximity to railway and housing.

Only options were a move to a new site or complete demolition and rebuild on the area of the car park and Astro pitch.

I was not referring to a complete modern rebuild. Just upgrading it to make it safer would have been a start. Your club put player wages above safety. Your club could have improved that ground enough to make it compliant with the SPL top league regulations at the time. 

I was not referring to a complete modern rebuild. Just upgrading it to make it safer would have been a start. Your club put player wages above safety. Your club could have improved that ground enough to make it compliant with the SPL top league regulations at the time. 
Wait, did Brockville not have a safety certificate? Huge if true.

What specific safety concerns did you report on your last visit there?

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Not this old chestnut.  Yeah spend a lot of money on a ground you are going to move out of. We needed 10k seats FFS the only way of doing that was moving the feckin pitch.  Player wages we were a championship side with average players. We weren't paying any more money than anyone else. If we'd spent the millions of pounds required to upgrade the ground for the spl we would've won the top flight never mind have been stuck in league one.

20 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Brockville had a safety certificate each and every season. It was dated, yes, but not unsafe. In regards to improving the ground, we couldn't. Not at the time. At the time there was a 10,000-seater rule. That wasn't feasible. A demolition / rebuild, possibly, but not an improvement. Had the 6,000-seater rule came into play earlier then possibly. Sure there were a lot of concerns at the time about construction traffic going over the Hope Street railway bridge as well.

Edited by Gaz

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

I was at Brockville 3 times and never felt unsafe.  There was fucking houses round all 4 sides.  How were Falkirk meant to rebuild it? 🤣

I believe at one point there were tentative plans drawn up to essentially do a knockdown and rebuild, while rotating the pitch 90 degrees, so taking over the astroturf as well.

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I was at Brockville 3 times and never felt unsafe.  There was fucking houses round all 4 sides.  How were Falkirk meant to rebuild it? 🤣

Ssh! Motherwell and St Mirren fans especially are keen to imagine our BoD doing a "The KLF on Jura" with our ill-gotten gains.

Simply uninformed.

15 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Like an Inverness fan has ever experienced a large away support at a league match. 😂 

14 hours ago, keithgy said:

Sheerin reminds me of Eddie May,a damn fine coach but not a manager,I hope i am proved wrong.

Sheerin is either believing fancy formations are a must for the 3rd division with a top 2 budget/full time team or has been told he has to play that. The Arbroath stint will have zero reflection of now.

Eddie may was horrific but at least the formations did matter at the level and budget we were at.

A good manager at this level with recruitment and our budget should be skooshing this league

4 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's got to be a fresh start Saturday . Make the changes necessary beat east Fife and hopefully we move on .  

Do you believe Holt will allow that 🥺🥺

As soon as Holt has came in, we have been playing defensive turgid shite, which was perhaps effective for Livi in the top league, but for our league it's a disaster with our budget

3 hours ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

442, pacey wingers and two strikers. The wins are inevitable.

4-4-2 means you choose between Telfer or Nesbitt for me, which isn't a bad thing overall just both have the capabilities of being our best players.

Anyway back to the here and present.

How many seasons is it that you have been down in the seaside league this time?

You really should be strolling this league with the cigars out.

1 hour ago, Yflab said:

We moved out of Brockville nearly 20 years ago. Let it go

5 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

We moved out of Brockville nearly 20 years ago. Let it go

Aye true. But at least you had a fairly decent team back then. 

Still never won a major honour in my lifetime mind you. 😂 

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Like an Inverness fan has ever experienced a large away support at a league match. 😂 

Well no, given the fact that us and County have to travel 10+ times further than every other club kind of puts paid to that.  You and your fellow Glasgow teams have about 20 SPFL teams within 30 miles.  Its like us travelling as far as Forres for every away match.

For the record, St Mirren's travelling support to Inverness is pitiful more often than not.

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, Yflab said:

What absolute bollocks. The 10,000 seater rule was a disaster for Scottish football and near enough made clubs that complied with it bankrupt. We couldn’t get Brockville to that level and in no way did we have the money to build a stadium that size. Thank goodness we didn’t bother trying. Maybe the most sensible thing a board of our club have done, albeit unwittingly. 

1 minute ago, Caractacus Potts said:

What absolute bollocks. The 10,000 seater rule was a disaster for Scottish football and near enough made clubs that complied with it bankrupt. We couldn’t get Brockville to that level and in no way did we have the money to build a stadium that size. Thank goodness we didn’t bother trying. Maybe the most sensible thing a board of our club have done, albeit unwittingly. 

Agree with most of what you say but the fact is we did try, and are still trying.