The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Yep, he needs to go before anyone. About as uninspiring and inept a Chairman as you are likely to ever encounter. I suppose a mid ranking audit accountant isn’t ever going to be about anything more than personal benefit and prestige.

In old parlance, the man’s a total dud. Tbh, him thinking himself wonderful tells you just how dire he really is…..he might actually be sub-dud.

Deans is a populist.....like Boris Johnson. All over it when there's good news, hides during the bad news and says what he thinks folks want to hear when we've been wronged. 

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Everything he does genuinely feels as if he hasn’t been able to shed the “education” role he had with Aberdeen into a front line role. 

Be it Largs or wherever, he is set in the way he wants to play, and is so rigid in that belief, he is never going to change.

It feels as if he is simply applying what he was taught while getting his coaching badges.

My biggest bugbear in Scottish Football Coaching. Andy Roxburgh’s Largs mentality still dominating who gets what job. 
I like Paul Sheerin but his comment along the lines of “he disliked the style of our comeback” on Saturday sums up the crisis we are in. I.e. well and truly fucked.

48 minutes ago, keithgy said:

Sheerin reminds me of Eddie May,a damn fine coach but not a manager,I hope i am proved wrong.

No your are correct 100%

37 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

My biggest bugbear in Scottish Football Coaching. Andy Roxburgh’s Largs mentality still dominating who gets what job. 
I like Paul Sheerin but his comment along the lines of “he disliked the style of our comeback” on Saturday sums up the crisis we are in. I.e. well and truly fucked.

That scared me when he said he didn't like the style of our comeback. FFS we are 2 nil down really could have been more and he's complaining cos we are actually trying to get something out the game frantically with time running out. He even said wanted it played sideways more as he thought we were trying to force it!! Mental stuff. It's like he's almost inadvertently trying to get binned without actually realising it. 

Edited by ebobsboy

Sheerin reminds me of Eddie May,a damn fine coach but not a manager,I hope i am proved wrong.

I think you are correct. His role is Head Coach and just maybe he is taking time to settle into his new role getting used to working with a DOF who is supposed to be managing other football aspects?

Time will tell. I get the feeling from some on here that the mind made up after only 8 league games that his time is up. There must have been a fair few disappointed on Saturday when Ross made the goal for Ruth to score. As some mentioned papering over the cracks FFS.

As many have mentioned on here, he comes across as a decent bloke who appears honest on his and the teams performance assessments. I’m sure if he feels that he is not up to the job he’ll walk away.

The trouble with the club set up now is we don’t know who is really pulling the strings and how much real input Sheerin has. We talk on here about having the biggest budget in the league but how much do we really know and how many players has he really signed?

I like most could not make sense of his interview on Saturday I’m surprised the club never sense checked it before it was put out. Even him trying to remember the 3 players changed from the previous week was embarrassing for him - maybe he’ll reflect on this and in future decline from commenting until had time to prepare his thoughts and give himself time for composure - In football, sometimes emotions run high.

You may had guessed, I’m still firmly behind him and I’m sure the majority of fans are. A good win on Saturday against EF followed by 3 winnable matches will give us better insight what the future holds. I think the playing side needs stability more than ever but above that who knows?

I suppose on the playing side we’d need to wait and see how the DOF role pans out, how successful the model is and what criticism is levelled at the DOF role for failure.

Interesting times ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Back Post Misses
5 hours ago, Rocco said:

Or could it be that when he was interviewed he was told how the club (sporting director) wanted us to play football and how that style would be implemented and they agreed to it. He’s got the job and the club expressed that he got the job because he shared a vision on how they want to play, so changing might not be an option for him if his boss is telling him to stick with it. If he does change then his days may be numbered anyway.

That is just bullshit on the clubs part. 
The Boardroom would not know a football from an Orange (they admitted that by having to employ a SD) and when Holt was manager and influencing last season plus during his time at Livingston he is very much back to front in terms of style. 

10 hours ago, keithgy said:

Ahh the old Archie McPherson line(yep we are old)

Better "check" that, think it was Montford. #Tragedy

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-wJ9N-om4etQ/Ueq9qcPs1sI/AAAAAAAAB9Y/auBlzhHTIzw/s1600/arthur.jpg

7 hours ago, bejazz1 said:

A good win on Saturday against EF followed by 3 winnable matches will give us better insight what the future holds. 

Every single match in this league should be more than winnable ffs. Home and away, every week, irrespective of opposition. If we're now at the stage of identifying a favourable run of games, or picking out so-called  easier fixtures, just shut the doors for good. The previous four matches were all perfectly winnable, and we should have been looking for an absolute minimum 10 points out of 12. Only 9 short then. Oh for someone in the hot seat who actually recognises this standard for what it is, rather than the craven "tough league", "Dumbarton/Clyde/Peterhead at home will be a really, really, really hard game" nonsense we are subjected to on a weekly basis by the current and previous incumbents. The lack of any expectation or aspiration is truly astonishing. 

54 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Every single match in this league should be more than winnable ffs. Home and away, every week, irrespective of opposition. If we're now at the stage of identifying a favourable run of games, or picking out so-called  easier fixtures, just shut the doors for good. The previous four matches were all perfectly winnable, and we should have been looking for an absolute minimum 10 points out of 12. Only 9 short then. Oh for someone in the hot seat who actually recognises this standard for what it is, rather than the craven "tough league", "Dumbarton/Clyde/Peterhead at home will be a really, really, really hard game" nonsense we are subjected to on a weekly basis by the current and previous incumbents. The lack of any expectation or aspiration is truly astonishing. 

I’m with this.

We we’re awful enough to get ourselves into this cess pit of footballing skitters but our resources should have made getting back out a fairly straightforward task.

As we know the incompetence on display since coming down (and before) has been off the scale and until the Boardroom is steam cleaned there is no sense that anything is going to change for the better.

11 hours ago, Rocco said:

Or could it be that when he was interviewed he was told how the club (sporting director) wanted us to play football and how that style would be implemented and they agreed to it. He’s got the job and the club expressed that he got the job because he shared a vision on how they want to play, so changing might not be an option for him if his boss is telling him to stick with it. If he does change then his days may be numbered anyway.

Possibly, but I don’t think so. If we are sitting top of the table, then Deans and Holt would claim that to be the case. Any successful style of football we play would get Deans and Holt claiming the credit for it. Of course, if it’s not going well (like now), Deans and Holt will distance themselves from Sheerin and citing that first team performance isn’t their responsibility.

Imagine categorising matches in this league as "winnable" (and therefore, by extension, non-winnable).

We have the resources to ensure that getting out of this league should be an absolute trivial exercise. That it's taken us two times (and counting) to do it is absolutely shambolic.

1 hour ago, AGPar said:

Completely agree with this.  Expectations from some of our fans are through the floor.  For a club our size in this league we should be winning against these other clubs comfortably, anything less is unacceptable.

4 minutes ago, Latapy is god said:

Completely agree with this.  Expectations from some of our fans are through the floor.  For a club our size in this league we should be winning against these other clubs comfortably, anything less is unacceptable.

This.

What really pisses me off in all this though is that fans of other clubs consider this attitude arrogant.  A St. Mirren fan was on this thread a few days ago calling us arrogant and wishing all sorts of ills on us. Yet, if Kilmarnock or Motherwell or St. Mirren etc. found themselves in this league each and every one of their fans would expect to piss this league but when our supporters expect that we are labeled "arrogant".

Nobody likes us, we don't care, eh? F*ck 'em.

3 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

This.

What really pisses me off in all this though is that fans of other clubs consider this attitude arrogant.  A St. Mirren fan was on this thread a few days ago calling us arrogant and wishing all sorts of ills on us. Yet, if Kilmarnock or Motherwell or St. Mirren etc. found themselves in this league each and every one of their fans would expect to piss this league but when our supporters expect that we are labeled "arrogant".

Nobody likes us, we don't care, eh? F*ck 'em.

Absolutely, and if we could engrain that mindset into our players and coaches we might actually have a bit about us.

Holt you can tell fancies himself as a bit of a hard man but look at the absolutely pathetic culture he is cultivating at the club. It’s fucking spineless.