The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Maybe Krasniqi isn’t showing it in training and isn’t putting in the effort. People keep saying we need to play our best team so Krasniqi should be in it, however, we haven’t seen enough of him make a proper judgement and the only person who can make a proper judgement is the guy not picking him.

That being said, I would like to see more of him because what I have seen he impressed me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately its already gone past the stage where the majority of us have faith in the guy supposed to be using proper judgement.  

Not playing Krasniqi, not playing Keena, not playing 2 strikers, not playing Nesbit in the centre, not playing Telfer further forward; sending Lemon out on loan, sticking with Miller & Hetherington, signing Wilson & Ompreon... 

Sheerin's judgement has been found wanting. Severely. 

I mind watching Collin Samuel when he first signed playing in a couple of games for the reserve side and being utterly stinking but when it came to the first team he was electric.  Hetherington might be the world's best trainer but he stinks the place out on a Saturday. Surely krasniqui deserves a chance and if he performs then who gives a monkeys what happens Monday to Friday.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

How's McKay getting on?  Has he found his level or should he be down in League Two or the LL?

worth a goal a game going by his last two games, tho not in the end we wanted

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Sheerin might be close to the point where he is dreading each and every Saturday coming around. It’s a pressure he hasn’t experienced before. Training and team talks won’t be around winning a league, everything will be about trying not to lose.

Add in that interview last Saturday when he said he said he didn’t like playing that way (to get the two goals), then how does that come across to the players who scored the goals?

He came across refreshingly well at the start, but he is now looking very frayed around the edges. I think his temperament means that he will adopt a bunker mentality for himself and his system. He will cling on to the only way of playing that he knows, and eventually pay the price for it.

In truth, I think just about everyone (other than the Board’s little crows) had the first seed of doubt planted when he gave Wilson a two year contract. That was an elephant in the room that has never gone away.

The two points in the interview that came across for me was him being unsure of the three changes, I watched it in the haze of the drunk Saturday and I knew all three changes !!!

The other point as you mentioned is the strain of him not being happy with playing 2 up top, we got two goals Saturday and one previous week when we have been struggling to score, if that doesnt tell him anything then he shouldnt be anywhere near the role we employ him for. 

Id guess there might be issues with him and Keena, no one in there right mind would play Ruth ahead of him. If Keena doesnt start on Saturday, Id say that would confirm Sheerin is clueless or there is an issue between them.

44 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Maybe Krasniqi isn’t showing it in training and isn’t putting in the effort. People keep saying we need to play our best team so Krasniqi should be in it, however, we haven’t seen enough of him make a proper judgement and the only person who can make a proper judgement is the guy not picking him.

That being said, I would like to see more of him because what I have seen he impressed me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very true that we havent seen enough of Krasniqi but we are playing week in week out with a man down with Hetherington, so doing the sums 

Krasniqi can control a ball, composed on the ball too which is a start

7 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Yeh. He got mentioned in the interview with Sheerin saying Holt and Corr do the main recruitment and had recruited players before his arrival.

Think the Rawlins are trying to set us up as a Premiership team. The money we’re spending off the pitch is incredulous. Corr did work in our retail department and help with some analysis but says on LinkedIn that he’s 1st team analyst and scout so presume he doesn’t do that anymore as we employed a full time retail manager as well.

Just trying to work what we’re spending off the park-

Corr £25k

Holt £50k

Fergus £30k?

Retail Manager £25k?

CEO £40k?

Commercial Manager £30k?

.....and others like Sharon in Marketing. Is Keith Hogg still the Stadium Manager ?

Edited by Zbairn

4 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Mutch

Williamson lemon dixon mcann

Morrison telfer nesbitt mcdaid

Keena ruth

If all available would this be our best line up? 

For me, with the players we have I'd play a 3-5-2 as follows:

Mutch/Martin (don't think it makes much difference)

McKay/Hall (canny make up my mind), Dixon, Lemon

Williamson, Nesbitt, Krasniqi, Telfer, McCann

Morrison, Keena

Yes, I know Morrison's not a striker but I think he'd still be better than Ompreon & Ruth. I'd probably give McKay the benefit of the doubt at the moment too considering he's just back from injury and hasn't played a lot.

Got to play your best players and, at the moment, Sheerin isn't doing that.

1 hour ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Unfortunately its already gone past the stage where the majority of us have faith in the guy supposed to be using proper judgement.  

Not playing Krasniqi, not playing Keena, not playing 2 strikers, not playing Nesbit in the centre, not playing Telfer further forward; sending Lemon out on loan, sticking with Miller & Hetherington, signing Wilson & Ompreon... 

Sheerin's judgement has been found wanting. Severely. 

Sorry, what? Have I missed something?

28 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

First things first let’s get rid of that c**t Holt, then we can judge Sheerin properly! 

That’s the big unknown for me. We saw Holt’s charismatic management skills in action last season (and since Gary Deans rates him highly, that’s enough to have us all worried).

Anyhoo….the unknown bit. Is Holt back to hanging around the training ground and/or the dressing room? If he is, he should be getting told to sling his hook.

49 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

.....and others like Sharon in Marketing. Is Keith Hogg still the Stadium Manager ?

Yes, though I'm sure he's part time as match safety officer. Which is a requirement for all football clubs at our level. Sharon is part time too or at least she was the last time we spoke. 

In general terms, the number of non-footballing staff at the club hasn't changed much since we got relegated in 2009/10. 

The footballing side probably has increased a bit. Paul Hartley brought in a Sports Science guy and the role still exists. Liam Corr is doing the scouting / video analysis and obvious Gary Holt is there. Though the latter two have an involvement with the development sides where previously (I think) Academy staff would have been involved. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, Zbairn said:

Checked and she is down as Sales and Marketing Executive so that must add another £30k? There is also a ticketing manager and a Chief of Scouting that was mentioned in the Q and A. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
49 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

First things first let’s get rid of that c**t Holt, then we can judge Sheerin properly! 

Deans first. He can’t go unscathed. 

Guest Caractacus Potts

Just speculating but do you think the new ‘incentivised’ contracts have anything to do with playing certain players? If they make the majority of their money from playing then maybe Sheerin  promised a lot of playing time in order for them to sign? 

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

For me, with the players we have I'd play a 3-5-2 as follows:

Mutch/Martin (don't think it makes much difference)

McKay/Hall (canny make up my mind), Dixon, Lemon

Williamson, Nesbitt, Krasniqi, Telfer, McCann

Morrison, Keena

Yes, I know Morrison's not a striker but I think he'd still be better than Ompreon & Ruth. I'd probably give McKay the benefit of the doubt at the moment too considering he's just back from injury and hasn't played a lot.

Got to play your best players and, at the moment, Sheerin isn't doing that.

Probably the best team and formation I’ve seen from the many managers on here

3 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Deans first. He can’t go unscathed. 

Yep, he needs to go before anyone. About as uninspiring and inept a Chairman as you are likely to ever encounter. I suppose a mid ranking audit accountant isn’t ever going to be about anything more than personal benefit and prestige.

In old parlance, the man’s a total dud. Tbh, him thinking himself wonderful tells you just how dire he really is…..he might actually be sub-dud.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Am I missing something here? Why are you all discussing back room and admin staff’s salaries?

Yes, it’s a bit unsavoury really IMO.

Im not happy with how things are going - far from it - but there’s really no need for naming folk, speculating about their salary and whether they should be employed or not.

I’m not necessarily talking about ‘high profile’ individuals like the manager/sporting director per se but not sure I like the chatter on others really.