The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Believe The Hype said:

Mutch

Williamson lemon dixon mcann

Morrison telfer nesbitt mcdaid

Keena ruth

If all available would this be our best line up? 

That back line would be exposed, Shirley?  4 attacking midfielders unless I'm mistaken?

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

That back line would be exposed, Shirley?  4 attacking midfielders unless I'm mistaken?

Yeah I'd have krasniqi in there to allow either of the other two to get forward. Mackay is fecking honking. You were spot on with your scout report. I will hold my hand up as I thought surely he'd be okay at this level but no it looks like he's got a few to drop down yet to find his level unfortunately. I should really learn as we continually release players who aren't great and replace them with even worse somehow.

1 sitting midfielder is more than enough in this league. Almost every goal we’ve conceded has been the fault of the back 4, not because we have been passed by in the middle of the park. A simple ball over the top is enough to make McKay and Dixon soil themselves 

Sheerin might be close to the point where he is dreading each and every Saturday coming around. It’s a pressure he hasn’t experienced before. Training and team talks won’t be around winning a league, everything will be about trying not to lose.

Add in that interview last Saturday when he said he said he didn’t like playing that way (to get the two goals), then how does that come across to the players who scored the goals?

He came across refreshingly well at the start, but he is now looking very frayed around the edges. I think his temperament means that he will adopt a bunker mentality for himself and his system. He will cling on to the only way of playing that he knows, and eventually pay the price for it.

In truth, I think just about everyone (other than the Board’s little crows) had the first seed of doubt planted when he gave Wilson a two year contract. That was an elephant in the room that has never gone away.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

Zero excuse about the state we currently find ourselves in from me. As I said before the season started the squad is the worst we’ve had since we’ve been down here in the seasides. 
But what can we do, and what can sheerin do moving forward? 2 options, pack it in or get a grip of himself. His interview yesterday was uncomfortable to watch, given it was only weeks ago his interviews were generally spot on. 
We’re only 5 points behind the leaders with a huge amount of games to play. For me, the quality in the league is the worst it’s been since we’ve come down too. It was only less than a year ago Partick were about 10 points behind us in the league, now look at the respective clubs. Football can change very quickly, especially when the quality of the other teams is so awful. 
Panic and nervousness from Sheerin won’t help at all. As others have said some “easier” games coming up where maximum points are a complete necessity to at least get us back in amongst it. If that doesn’t happen then god knows what we try next. Fire him and get who, fecking Brian Rice? 
I’m sure other posters will say it’s a joke we even have to use phrases such as “stay in the mix”. But that’s what we have to do for now, maybe til January, when we can maybe sign a player or 2. Not excusing it, but that’s the reality of where we are 

I would actually argue that the current league 1 is as hard and competitive as it has been since you have been down

8 minutes ago, Aufc said:

I would actually argue that the current league 1 is as hard and competitive as it has been since you have been down

I would second this. I don't think it's because the teams are better though - Falkirk seem to have levelled out here now, Montrose look languid, Cove aren't firing on all cylinders and although QP are top, they haven't quite blew teams away like I thought they would - so imho it's competitive because the top teams aren't anywhere near the quality we've seen in this league recently (Raith with Vaughn, Ayr with Shankland, Arbroath, Partick etc).

Edited by Brian Carrigan

45 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He's been pretty poor so far this season in that role. You need him further  up the pitch where he can do damage surely. He's an attacking midfielder.

Probably right, krasniqi for Ruth perhaps and have nesbitt support keena. Doubt we will ever see what our best team will be through injuries and or stubbornness. 

15 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I would second this. I don't think it's because the teams are better though - Falkirk seem to have levelled out here now, Montrose look languid, Cove aren't firing on all cylinders and although QP are top, they haven't quite blew teams away like I thought they would - so imho it's competitive because the top teams aren't anywhere near the quality we've seen in this league recently (Raith with Vaughn, Ayr with Shankland, Arbroath, Partick etc).

Exactly. It's hard but that doesn't mean it's any better quality wise. Patrick ended up strolling it last season after a poor start and they weren't anything special.

16 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Yeah, I don’t think there’s any team that’s even threatening to be as strong as raith/us from 2 years ago or Partick were to the end of last season. It’s competitive because it’s all very even but in terms of quality I don’t believe many have strengthened (including us - by far our worst squad since we’ve been down). I guess you could say there’s no real stinkers ala Forfar, but East Fife are trying hard to take up that role

11 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Probably right, krasniqi for Ruth perhaps and have nesbitt support keena. Doubt we will ever see what our best team will be through injuries and or stubbornness. 

We've got an awful lot of samey players in our squad too in my opinion. Mcguffie, mcdaid, nesbitt,  Ross. Guys that can play out wide but aren't really wingers and who are better suited to playing through the middle in  a number 10 role. Nesbitt is by far the best of them. Mcguffie showed a wee bit more tendency to want to take somebody on last Saturday but we need more of that.. I want my wide players to have pace and the ability to beat the fullback and get the ball in. Morrison can do that and ompreon showed he could do that in his cameo against Dumbarton but other than the injured Williamson I haven't seen much willingness to do that from the other wide players.

Maybe Krasniqi isn’t showing it in training and isn’t putting in the effort. People keep saying we need to play our best team so Krasniqi should be in it, however, we haven’t seen enough of him make a proper judgement and the only person who can make a proper judgement is the guy not picking him.

That being said, I would like to see more of him because what I have seen he impressed me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk