The Falkirk FC Thread

Cheers, I should have just worked it out that way. So after the first quarter of 9 games Partick had 14 points. Which we will have if we win our next match, and they went on to win the league. So whilst I understand the point Shadwell was making, it is also not cut and dry that it will show whether you will have a good season or not. Especially in a league where it seems everyone is taking points off each other. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
3 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Cheers, I should have just worked it out that way. So after the first quarter of 9 games Partick had 14 points. Which we will have if we win our next match, and they went on to win the league. So whilst I understand the point Shadwell was making, it is also not cut and dry that it will show whether you will have a good season or not. Especially in a league where it seems everyone is taking points off each other. 

Miscalculated our own league score after 8 games. We had 20 points, not 15. We lost our 9th match too so remained at 20 for the first quarter. 

I think the point is that we can’t be in a position as Partick were to rely on others to fail(catastrophically in our case!) in order to win the league. We really are lucky not to be 9 points adrift at this stage. 

Have said before that the teams in this league are not amazing and pretty sure a short run of maybe 4 wins now would see us go top. It isn’t good enough to be in the position we are though but like you say still plenty of time to go yet. It surely can’t get any worse anyway…

Miscalculated our own league score after 8 games. We had 20 points, not 15. We lost our 9th match too so remained at 20 for the first quarter. 

I think the point is that we can’t be in a position as Partick were to rely on others to fail(catastrophically in our case!) in order to win the league. We really are lucky not to be 9 points adrift at this stage. 

Have said before that the teams in this league are not amazing and pretty sure a short run of maybe 4 wins now would see us go top. It isn’t good enough to be in the position we are though but like you say still plenty of time to go yet. It surely can’t get any worse anyway…
Partick made decisive loan signings in the January window too. We cant rely on that happening

28 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Out of interest where were Partick sitting after the first quarter last season? Genuine question as I can't find the information. 

Patrick are the perfect example. Poor start for the first few games but by the end of the first round of results the team had started clicking and they were picking up points. They only lost two more league game after that one being the last game of the season when the league was done and dusted.  They only lost 4 games in total and we've already lost 3.  Our league position wouldn't be as much of a problem if we were heading in the right direction after a poor start but we're not that's the main problem here.

Aye 100% and I agree it's a shite situation to be in in the first place, you should really know your worth after the first quarter, I was just trying to look for a glimmer of hope. I think it's probably after the second round of games at the halfway point you will have a better idea, especially this season. Sick to the back teeth of scrambling around in January to salvage our season. 

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Patrick are the perfect example. Poor start for the first few games but by the end of the first round of results the team had started clicking and they were picking up points. They only lost two more league game after that one being the last game of the season when the league was done and dusted.  They only lost 4 games in total and we've already lost 3.  Our league position wouldn't be as much of a problem if we were heading in the right direction after a poor start but we're not that's the main problem here.

Well that's just bullshit isn't it because they lost their 9th game at home against Peterhead and then drew 2 of the next 3 games after that. They never started to click until the scraped that last minute equaliser against East Fife in the 2-2 game which was game week 15.

2 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Well that's just bullshit isn't it because they lost their 9th game at home against Peterhead and then drew 2 of the next 3 games after that. They never started to click until the scraped that last minute equaliser against East Fife in the 2-2 game which was game week 15.

It's not bullshit at all.They hadn't lost in 6 before that winning 3 out there last 4 after only winning one game out their first 5.They lost to Peterhead and then drew with us and cove which aren't dreadful results. They then went on only to lose one more game after that. There was clear signs of improvement even Ray Charles can feckin see that. We've not won in 4 FFS after  being unbeaten in our first 4. That ain't heading in the right direction in anyone's book.

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's not bullshit at all.They hadn't lost in 6 before that winning 3 out there last 4 after only winning one game out their first 5.They lost to Peterhead and then drew with us and cove which aren't dreadful results. They then went on only to lose one more game after that. There was clear signs of improvement even Ray Charles can feckin see that. We've not won in 4 FFS after  being unbeaten in our first 4. That ain't heading in the right direction in anyone's book.

You said they were heading in the right direction by the end of the first round of games, they got beat at home to Peterhead at the end of the first round of games. So aye it was bullshit no matter how you try and spin it to suit your agenda. 

21 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

You said they were heading in the right direction by the end of the first round of games, they got beat at home to Peterhead at the end of the first round of games. So aye it was bullshit no matter how you try and spin it to suit your agenda. 

Noone is going to go through a season unbeaten. Christ if you think that then you are living in cloud fucking cukoo land.   The loss against Peterhead meant they had lost one game in 7 having lost twice in the first 3. But that in your book isn't an improvement.  Did us losing to queen's park mean we had had a dreadful start to the season? Did it f**k these things happen and it's how you react to it that counts.  After that loss to Peterhead they only lost one more game out of 14 so from week 4 less than half way through the first round of matches,  to the end of the season they lost two games.  Surely even you can see that's a bloody improvement. Our problem is that just like last season one loss turns into a dreadful run of results not a blip. Let's be honest if it hadn't been for the break last season we'd have been in real deep shite. After our first loss of the season last year we hadn't won in 3 going into the break. We then caught a couple of teams on the hop after the break before a loss at Airdrie only saw us winning one more game all season losing 7 out the last 9. Roll on a year and we lose our first game of the season and bang we haven't won in 4 with 3 defeats. We can't seem to turn one disappointing  result into a one off and until we can we can forget about winning anything 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I think Ruth had a decent game on Saturday. He linked the play well and also gave them a few issues in behind. Really should have buried his first half chance but other than that I thought he looked promising. Nearly grabbed a winner for us right at the end too with some good play. My issue is that Keena should never have been dropped for him. They either play up top together or Keena plays as the loan striker. 

Krasniqi has to start next week after another poor performance from Hetherington but unfortunately I don't think Sheerin has that in him. His favourites have been picked and that's how it'll remain regardless of who's the better player. 

I also hope to god we're sourcing a right back to loan this week as Gary Miller can't be the only option all season when Williamson picks up injury after injury. 

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Noone is going to go through a season unbeaten. Christ if you think that then you are living in cloud fucking cukoo land.   The loss against Peterhead meant they had lost one game in 7 having lost twice in the first 3. But that in your book isn't an improvement.  Did us losing to queen's park mean we had had a dreadful start to the season? Did it f**k these things happen and it's how you react to it that counts.  After that loss to Peterhead they only lost one more game out of 14 so from week 4 less than half way through the first round of matches,  to the end of the season they lost two games.  Surely even you can see that's a bloody improvement. Our problem is that just like last season one loss turns into a dreadful run of results not a blip. Let's be honest if it hadn't been for the break last season we'd have been in real deep shite. After our first loss of the season last year we hadn't won in 3 going into the break. We then caught a couple of teams on the hop after the break before a loss at Airdrie only saw us winning one more game all season losing 7 out the last 9. Roll on a year and we lose our first game of the season and bang we haven't won in 4 with 3 defeats. We can't seem to turn one disappointing  result into a one off and until we can we can forget about winning anything 

IMG_3153.jpg.401c9b025d73c6c206427302188b3c46.thumb.jpg.dca7222d4a1e8c9f51b0e27834ca1e53.jpg

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The old stock answer when your arguements  shite Send a funny picture.👏👏

My argument shites all over your nonsense. After Partick lost to Peterhead they only won 2 of their next 6 games. So you can peddle this unbeaten drum till the cows come home to suit your argument. Just because they weren't getting beat doesn't mean they were now firing on all cylinders at this point. We were beaten last week and then never lost on Saturday, so by you're logic you think we are improving? Just accept your point was false, they clearly did not kick on after their first few bad results. Giving Partick far too much air time here. Happy to move it on. 

17 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

My argument shites all over your nonsense. After Partick lost to Peterhead they only won 2 of their next 6 games. So you can peddle this unbeaten drum till the cows come home to suit your argument. Just because they weren't getting beat doesn't mean they were now firing on all cylinders at this point. We were beaten last week and then never lost on Saturday, so by you're logic you think we are improving? Just accept your point was false, they clearly did not kick on after their first few bad results. Giving Partick far too much air time here. Happy to move it on. 

I never at any point said Patrick were firing on all cylinders.  That was in the context of our previous title winning sides . Patrick I said had begun to click and were starting to pick up points. Did you not read that or simply ignore it?  Even you have changed your tune from me saying they were heading in the right direction to suddenly firing on all cylinders which are two totally different things. One swallow doesn't make a summer as they say. One draw against Montrose is hardly us turning the corner . At no point did I say Patrick drew one game so that meant they were clearly improving. If I did then please point it out to me.  If we win on Saturday and then go on a decent run then great but because of our issues getting out of these ruts I'm not convinced. That and the fact that when Patrick struggled you certainly didn't get McCall giving out interviews like Sheerins carcrash last Saturday.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Guest Back Post Misses

FFS

It was obvious Partick started to improve around the time we couldn’t beat them despite them playing for a good while with 10 men. They then used lockdown to asses their squad, bring in the players that they required to improve their squad and never really looked back.

In the same period, we appointed 5 new people to our Board, had 340k invested, spent 50k on a DOF and signed a couple of kids. 

Talk about putting carts before horses and missing priorities. 

18 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

In the same period, we appointed 5 new people to our Board, had 340k invested, spent 50k on a DOF and signed a couple of kids. 

Talk about putting carts before horses and missing priorities. 

Not one of them a football guy. All finance and PR (Politics not even a real business). All Deans appointments.

You also forgot the Gow fiasco !