The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts

And the Rawlins too, serve up or ship out. You won’t fool all of us with your piece of rubbish word document, 5 year plans and 3 legged stool nonsense. 

More action, more investment and less BS please. 

16 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Please Paul, just play two up front next week, preferably Keena and Sammy. I won't even insist on Krasniqi replacing Hetherington (although it would be nice.)

Surely dropping Mackay is a must too.  Your looking at needing to score 3 goals a game to win with him at the back.

Guest Ecosse83
5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Surely dropping Mackay is a must too.  Your looking at needing to score 3 goals a game to win with him at the back.

I’m all for giving players a chance but signing him and retaining Hall is a sackable offence right away (for Holt not Sheerin)

29 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Please Paul, just play two up front next week, preferably Keena and Sammy. I won't even insist on Krasniqi replacing Hetherington (although it would be nice.)

Shagger G are you having a laugh here? Sammy before Ruth? You’d be as well putting Wilson in for Keena too.

I thought Ruth had his best game for us yesterday and has been given very little credit for his performance. I don’t like to criticise players but apart from a couple of first half runs against Dumbarton I haven’t seen much fromSammy to justify his must play status next week.
Add to this - he is still injured is he not?

3 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

Shagger G are you having a laugh here? Sammy before Ruth? You’d be as well putting Wilson in for Keena too.

I thought Ruth had his best game for us yesterday and has been given very little credit for his performance. I don’t like to criticise players but apart from a couple of first half runs against Dumbarton I haven’t seen much fromSammy to justify his must play status next week.

I'd play ompreon but out wide instead of mcguffie. Ruth and Keena are the best of a bad bunch so will have to be it unless by some miracle we sign a real striker on loan this week. 

11 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

He meant Sammy McGivern.

1 hour ago, bejazz1 said:

I just feel that Ruth and Keena are similar type players. Sammy is more physical and more unpredictable for defenders to deal with (considering he doesn't know what he's going to do himself).

3 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

My point is, change is not going to happen by hammering on about the same thing on here time and time again.  Honestly, HSW gets flak for repeating the same thing ad nauseam but there are worse offenders and its mind numbing to read.  

Shadwell - take a break please.  24 hours at least.  10,500 posts really isn't healthy.

ZBairn Potts and others whose every post is the same NB/anti board stuff - go and organise something!  There are plenty who are similarly minded but nothing is going to change by repeating the same thing over and over on here.  1 week till the EF game, get something mobilised, turn up and make your feelings known.  Thats the only way any board or manager has ever been forced out.  

2 things :-

1. Mobilise ? this is not Brockville and the majority of fans are apathetic and will probably just walk way from the club other than protest a la Deans from the Borders.

2. We probably can't afford to get rid of Sheerin and appoint another manager. We are likely skint as sponsorship and league cash is significantly less than previous seasons, whilst we have become more top heavy in the Admin side - a new CEO & Holt.

As an aside.... I have also posted about the playing side, but your may not have seen that with your blinkered support for the status quo..

23 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

2 things :-

1. Mobilise ? this is not Brockville and the majority of fans are apathetic and will probably just walk way from the club other than protest a la Deans from the Borders.

2. We probably can't afford to get rid of Sheerin and appoint another manager. We are likely skint as sponsorship and league cash is significantly less than previous seasons, whilst we have become more top heavy in the Admin side - a new CEO & Holt.

As an aside.... I have also posted about the playing side, but your may not have seen that with your blinkered support for the status quo..

Sack Holt and you are saving 50k straight away. Use that to pay off sheerin.

17 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Sack Holt and you are saving 50k straight away. Use that to pay off sheerin.

Binning Holt would be a reasonable option and use the 50k to strengthen the team and give Sheerin the time to get his feet firmly under the table and stand or fall by his own decisions - This could be a better option. After all , It’s all about opinions and we are all on the same side!

Edited by bejazz1

Guest Caractacus Potts
Just now, bejazz1 said:

Binning Holt would be a reasonable option and use the 50k to strengthen the team and give Sheerin the time to get his feet firmly under the table and stand out fall by his own decisions - This could be a better option. After all , It’s all about opinions and we are all on the same side!

I agree. Sheerin deserves the chance to work without the shadow of Holt hanging over him plus a wee bit of support to strengthen with better quality. First things first though….Sack the Board!

You are spot on. Unfortunately the support is full of people who will put up with any old shite to get out on a Saturday afternoon. The days when the fans would join as one to give the bod pelters have long since gone and as soon as deans opens his mouth and gives the usual it'll be different this season I promise speech, they can't get their cash out quick enough and then seem surprised when the season is just as stinking as the last one. Meanwhile the club continues to plummet into oblivion getting worse season after season. It's a scary thought but will we actually have a club to support in a few seasons time?

Really, what a ridiculous generalisation.

Sheerin isn't going to be going anywhere, let's face it. We probably can't afford to go through the sacking / recruitment phase again, and it we do we'll have an even worse reputation as a hire-and-fire club.

I do have a fair bit of sympathy for him. He comes across as a decent guy, and I've no doubt he's hobbled by Holt. But every week that passes just gives me more of a feeling that he's in miles over his head.

5 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

My point is, change is not going to happen by hammering on about the same thing on here time and time again.  Honestly, HSW gets flak for repeating the same thing ad nauseam but there are worse offenders and its mind numbing to read.  

Shadwell - take a break please.  24 hours at least.  10,500 posts really isn't healthy.

ZBairn Potts and others whose every post is the same NB/anti board stuff - go and organise something!  There are plenty who are similarly minded but nothing is going to change by repeating the same thing over and over on here.  1 week till the EF game, get something mobilised, turn up and make your feelings known.  Thats the only way any board or manager has ever been forced out.  

As an occasional P&B poster who enjoys a bit of banter , i do visit other sites like your own- and you do identify those posters who remind you  in the old days of “‘the drunk with the mike”. In the old days you could switch the mike off- sadly today social media means the loud can always speak. F-ck me Shadwell dog is like Frank at Raith, a sad case- he needs help- has he mad dog disease?- he dominates your forum-he is so into  himself - he has absolutely  no self awareness , he has no clue that the bitter things he says does not define those he derides, but defines him!- that every time he posts most sensible people probably sigh-  can you know find  a way to switch him off- even better help him?

you as a team have your problems, you have a manger who really only managed. Under 21’s and that might be an issue for you- but however big your problems nothing compared to ours!! 

18 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

As an occasional P&B poster who enjoys a bit of banter , i do visit other sites like your own- and you do identify those posters who remind you  in the old days of “‘the drunk with the mike”. In the old days you could switch the mike off- sadly today social media means the loud can always speak. F-ck me Shadwell dog is like Frank at Raith, a sad case- he needs help- has he mad dog disease?- he dominates your forum-he is so into  himself - he has absolutely  no self awareness , he has no clue that the bitter things he says does not define those he derides, but defines him!- that every time he posts most sensible people probably sigh-  can you know find  a way to switch him off- even better help him?

you as a team have your problems, you have a manger who really only managed. Under 21’s and that might be an issue for you- but however big your problems nothing compared to ours!! 

It's a football discussion site for fecks sake we're not trying to cure cancer or produce world peace. Defines him what a load of tosh.  It's a vent your spleen area  . Now thanks for the input and toddle off to wherever you came from.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

19 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Sheerin isn't going to be going anywhere, let's face it. We probably can't afford to go through the sacking / recruitment phase again, and it we do we'll have an even worse reputation as a hire-and-fire club.

Ultimately we can’t afford to spend yet another season in league 1 so he’ll be gone before the end of October if we don’t start winning games.

29 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Ultimately we can’t afford to spend yet another season in league 1 so he’ll be gone before the end of October if we don’t start winning games.

The bod have already stated they are flinging the kitchen sink at promotion this season. There is no rainy day money failure is not worth thinking about .