The Falkirk FC Thread

My point is, change is not going to happen by hammering on about the same thing on here time and time again.  Honestly, HSW gets flak for repeating the same thing ad nauseam but there are worse offenders and its mind numbing to read.  

Shadwell - take a break please.  24 hours at least.  10,500 posts really isn't healthy.

ZBairn Potts and others whose every post is the same NB/anti board stuff - go and organise something!  There are plenty who are similarly minded but nothing is going to change by repeating the same thing over and over on here.  1 week till the EF game, get something mobilised, turn up and make your feelings known.  Thats the only way any board or manager has ever been forced out.  

Guest Ecosse83

I wonder how much brass neck Holt will have. He got pissed off with the Livingston players calling him Gary and Martindale ‘gaffer’ and resigned with that. Crank up the pressure on him at games and he would walk IMO!

5 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

My point is, change is not going to happen by hammering on about the same thing on here time and time again.  Honestly, HSW gets flak for repeating the same thing ad nauseam but there are worse offenders and its mind numbing to read.  

Shadwell - take a break please.  24 hours at least.  10,500 posts really isn't healthy.

ZBairn Potts and others whose every post is the same NB/anti board stuff - go and organise something!  There are plenty who are similarly minded but nothing is going to change by repeating the same thing over and over on here.  1 week till the EF game, get something mobilised, turn up and make your feelings known.  Thats the only way any board or manager has ever been forced out.  

Hardly it's only 1.5 posts a day FFS. That's less than you post so you've got a laugh telling me to take a 24 hour break.

3 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

..and mine works out about 0.6 so you're wrong.  Now please TAKE A BREAK!  

Okay but still 1.5 posts a day is hardly unhealthy and I certainly ain't going to be taking any advice off yourself regarding whether I message on here or not just as I wouldn't dream of telling you.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

14 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Over 500 stayed behind to protest outside the Main Stand the day we were relegated to League 1. What good did that do? Some of those standing around me that day went and renewed their season ticket several weeks later🤦🏼‍♂️

I’ve been doing something about it every week since May 2019. I’m not giving them my money because THAT is the only way these people will be forced out. It’s a shame more fans don’t realise this. How many times do we have to change a fu*king manager before people start to realise where the real problems lie? Nothing is going to change whilst mugs continue to pony up their money season after season. Over 2k season tickets sold. Over 3.5k consistently turning up to home games. Where’s the incentive for any meaningful change?

For me changing the manager wouldn’t make much difference as the fundamental issue is that the squad is well short of the quality required.

Other than a handful of players you wouldn’t be upset if the lot of them were shown the door tomorrow. 

Season after season we manage to replace bad players with even worse ones. Holt isn’t the man to change that going by the standard of signings so far.

Having said that, Sheerin does bear responsibility for his stubbornness.

What Krasniqi has to do to get a game I don’t know and I can’t understand why Lemon seems to have vanished as he looked a good prospect when he played.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

7 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

Over 500 stayed behind to protest outside the Main Stand the day we were relegated to League 1. What good did that do? Some of those standing around me that day went and renewed their season ticket several weeks later🤦🏼‍♂️

I’ve been doing something about it every week since May 2019. I’m not giving them my money because THAT is the only way these people will be forced out. It’s a shame more fans don’t realise this. How many times do we have to change a fu*king manager before people start to realise where the real problems lie? Nothing is going to change whilst mugs continue to pony up their money season after season. Over 2k season tickets sold. Over 3.5k consistently turning up to home games. Where’s the incentive for any meaningful change?

You are spot on. Unfortunately the support is full of people who will put up with any old shite to get out on a Saturday afternoon. The days when the fans would join as one to give the bod pelters have long since gone and as soon as deans opens his mouth and gives the usual it'll be different this season I promise speech, they can't get their cash out quick enough and then seem surprised when the season is just as stinking as the last one. Meanwhile the club continues to plummet into oblivion getting worse season after season. It's a scary thought but will we actually have a club to support in a few seasons time?

Edited by Shadwell Dog

13 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

For me changing the manager wouldn’t make much difference as the fundamental issue is that the squad is well short of the quality required.

Other than a handful of players you wouldn’t be upset if the lot of them were shown the door tomorrow. 

Season after season we manage to replace bad players with even worse ones. Holt isn’t the man to change that going by the standard of signings so far.

It needs emptied from top to bottom. Completely gutted, with a new bod no dof until we are in a place where we can account for it properly  financially or perhaps you could at a pinch have a CEO doing the dof role too if as in the case currently he has a football background. The development squads can surely continue to be ran by Fergus . I very much doubt Holt being booted would affect that in any way. Until there is change we are only heading in one direction and it ain't the same one as Yazz that's for sure.

Surely our plan to replace poor players with absolutely awful ones every season will end with Jaime Wilson. You just can't see anyone being worse than him. It would be some achievement if we managed that.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You are spot on. Unfortunately the support is full of people who will put up with any old shite to get out on a Saturday afternoon. The days when the fans would join as one to give the bod pelters have long since gone and as soon as deans opens his mouth and gives the usual it'll be different this season I promise speech, they can't get their cash out quick enough and then seem surprised when the season is just as stinking as the last one. Meanwhile the club continues to plummet into oblivion getting worse season after season. It's a scary thought but will we actually have a club to support in a few seasons time?

For Sheerin to get any credit in the bank he’s going to have to be radical in his team selection & tactics which will mean him having to drop some of his boys to go with a fresher & more flexible approach but somehow don’t see it happening on basis of what I’ve witnessed over past few weeks 

2 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

For Sheerin to get any credit in the bank he’s going to have to be radical in his team selection & tactics which will mean him having to drop some of his boys to go with a fresher & more flexible approach but somehow don’t see it happening on basis of what I’ve witnessed over past few weeks 

I'm not convinced by him at all especially after that horrendous interview yesterday. 

1. He needs to ditch hetherington and Mackay and probably mcguffie too.

2. He needs to play two up front as neither of our strikers look comfortable on their own up there.  No point doing it constantly when you are two nil down . Surely having scored 3 goals in two games with two up top it will finally hit home. 

3. Krasniqui needs to play. No wonder we struggle to get decent loan players when the manager refuses to bloody play them.

4. We need another right back and sheerin must express this to Holt and the board. Williamson is made of chocolate and to have Gary miller as our only replacement is criminal. We cannot keep playing him there.

It's difficult to say how much influence on signings etc sheerin has but he made a rod for his own back coming out and saying he had the final say. 

40 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

If ST sales drop and gates do likewise they will take notice. I also stayed behind outside the main stand when we went down and it done f**k all good. As MSG said the only way to force these clowns to do something is to withhold their funding. Singing, shouting, displaying banners, vandalising board members cars like last time does nothing, in fact if anything it just hardens their resolve.

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

And why bother doing something when there still seems so many like you who are unwilling to see the obvious!? I’ve emailed the club to let them know my displeasure and not renewed my season ticket. Why would I waste time organising a protest when so little would care? 

I’ll express my annoyance here as everyone does on forums. You spout as much similar pish so don’t suddenly try to administer who is allowed to say what. If you don’t like it then why don’t you do something about that and take a break yourself! 

26 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It needs emptied from top to bottom. Completely gutted, with a new bod no dof until we are in a place where we can account for it properly  financially or perhaps you could at a pinch have a CEO doing the dof role too if as in the case currently he has a football background. The development squads can surely continue to be ran by Fergus . I very much doubt Holt being booted would affect that in any way. Until there is change we are only heading in one direction and it ain't the same one as Yazz that's for sure.

Surely our plan to replace poor players with absolutely awful ones every season will end with Jaime Wilson. You just can't see anyone being worse than him. It would be some achievement if we managed that.

There’s a lot in what you say but we’ve constantly changed the Chairma,BOD and CEO’s over the last few years and it’s not really got us anywhere. Remember Doug Henderson, Margaret Lang, Lex, Colin Liddell, Andy Thomson, Martin Ritchie ? Probably more but I’ve forgotten. Oh yes - Craig Campbell, the tent man and Kieran. Big turnover. We’ve got to stop somewhere.

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Holt Out should 100% be the first step here.  

Absolutely not, your pals first. Deans out, the rest of his cronies too then Holt!

13 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

There’s a lot in what you say but we’ve constantly changed the Chairma,BOD and CEO’s over the last few years and it’s not really got us anywhere. Remember Doug Henderson, Margaret Lang, Lex, Colin Liddell, Andy Thomson, Martin Ritchie ? Probably more but I’ve forgotten. Oh yes - Craig Campbell, the tent man and Kieran. Big turnover. We’ve got to stop somewhere.

Yes but surely time we got real falkirk fans in charge . How many of those you mention were dyed in the wool Falkirk supporters? Very few.  The current crew are the same.  Pretend fans that have suddenly crept out the woodwork. Let's not forget too that deans was brought on to the board by  Colin Liddell another fake bairn and member of the much maligned msg.These guys still have links to the crew that were emptied before.  The bod needs to have a far more broader skill set too. Too many of them fr finance backgrounds and that's it. Very limited skillset and it shows.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Guest Caractacus Potts
27 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Yeh but it’s not good when the snakes head keeps growing back as they appoint like for like.

Colin Liddell appointed his pal Deans. Deans appointed his own lick spittles that no doubt reflect his ideals. Check the Q and A to see how similar they sound(and look!). A bunch of accountants and an apparent PR expert who says the fans need to be patient after a few seasons in the doldrums! 

Need to remove them completely and get fresh people on with new ideas and who are willing to engage with fans and treat them with respect. Less people who have bugger all to add but try look important on a match day. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts