The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

The Rawlins got control because we have 2 apathetic main shareholders in SA & MR who believe they can pass the buck to whoever to run their show -as long as it facilitates them  hanging around like a bad smell.  Lex was guilty of badgering deans into taking the role and he took some persuading . It’s unfair of SA & MR to expect a shadow board to do their dirty work without any real experience , or compensation . Rawlins is a smart guy but he is probably regrets getting involved in what is fast becoming Scottish footballs leading shit show! 

If Rawlins doesn't realise his man on the ground over here ie Deans and his minions are fecking useless then you've got to wonder how the feck he's managed to succeed elsewhere. He should be over here now that flights are back open so he can actually see for himself what a shit show the current mob have made of things and speak to folk that aren't pals of deans.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Guest Caractacus Potts
50 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I reckon Holt is also telling the physio what to do to considering how many injuries we've had since he came on board. Incredible amount since the turn of the year.

Are we not short is physio? We advertised this week. Seen it was a paid role too. Amazing to think they can gain all that experience as well as being paid for it. 

2 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

is there anyone on here that thinks Holt should be at the club, or Dean's come to that? they must have some neck to stay in a role where they are massively underperforming and not wanted by any of the customers. 

Deans has resided over one of the most calamitous falls in a club I can remember. 

I hope not. The list of disasters Deans has presided over is becoming endless(let’s now add a third kit to that). A few of us have pointed them out for months but unfortunately most only notice when results are bad. The NB certainly had good reason to not want to part with £50k of their own money if it meant keeping him at the helm. They were shot down on here though despite all that had went on the season before. I couldn’t believe it at the time and still can’t. Things turning sour was only a matter of time but even I’ll admit that I didn’t expect it to happen so fast. Said at the time Sheerin was a risk but I’ll still back him for now as the change has to happen up top first to really stop the rot. 

2 hours ago, AGPar said:

You can bet that our esteemed Sporting Director and Gary and his gang of little boardroom mates will already be circling the wagons to ensure they are well insulated from the fallout as another shambles of a season begins to unfold.  And to that end, they'll have zero compunction about chucking Sheerin overboard if this run continues any longer.

100% guaranteed. Holt and the new CEO provide Deans with insulation on either side. 

3 hours ago, bejazz1 said:

but…This was a performance that we would have not got over the last few seasons and to come back and nearly snatch it at the end was testimony to the efforts of the players and their desire to put things right and battle for their boss. 
This may be the kick start we need to show some togetherness as a club, after all we cannot keep sacking managers and rebuilding from scratch again. 
I’m still happy to give Sheerin more time. 
oh I forgot to add #COYB😂

Forgive me if I’m missing the sarcasm of this post. Had a glance at your other posts just to check and they said similar so confused. Anyway hope I’m wrong as you simply can’t be serious with that claim?

40 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

When I started watching Falkirk, results like drawing with Montrose and losing to Dumbarton were seen as acceptable results.  Fast forward 40 odd years and our club appears to deem them acceptable again.  It's just been one big circle.

Yip I am the same, started going mid 70's and the football was shit scratching about the lower leagues in front of piss poor crowds. I honestly thought we had seen the back of this and I truly believe if we had been run better we could and should have been an established top flight club. I'm 55 now and I don't know what the future holds for our club but I doubt we will see us playing at a decent level anytime soon and for that I absolutely hate the c***s running the show just now and for the past 10 years. 

Our support deserves better but while we rock up in our thousands and give them ST money we won't get it. 

Guest Caractacus Potts

If we’re going par for par with last season then only by winning the next 6 matches will we start to overcome the points total for the same number of games. Currently we trail last season’s team by 9 points at this stage of the season. 

We had 28 points after match 14 last season. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

It very much looks like having foreign investment is an albatross round your clubs neck. Dunfermline have been murder since the Germans got involved, we ve got worse since the yanks appeared and the two Dundee's have only just got back into the top flight after they got foreign investment. Aberdeen are hardly exactly flying either.

Guest Caractacus Potts
4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It very much looks like having foreign investment is an albatross round your clubs neck. Dunfermline have been murder since the Germans got involved, we ve got worse since the yanks appeared and the two Dundee's have only just got back into the top flight after they got foreign investment. Aberdeen are hardly exactly flying either.

Ron Gordon at Hibs appears to be the one exception at the moment. At least Nelm’s seems to invest in the squad bringing in Charlie Adam and Jason Cummings to the team whilst vying for promotion. We’re filling our squad with Seb Ross, Jaime Wilson and some youngsters the board tried to cast off as development graduates. 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm not for keeping him though as he's so out of his depth it's no real. Take a look at his post match interview. It's ludicrous. What I meant was we need to get rid of the bod and Holt too though plus the manager. A clear out from top to bottom. Sheerin has to go though or we're going nowhere.

Agree but we are stuck with what we have got and nobody is going anywhere.

Because there is no other option - no manager or player of the required quality will sign for us.

3 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I didn't buy a season ticket and have been keeping my mouth shut the last few weeks. I could go on a massive expletive, rant but to be honest, the club isn't worth it, so I'll try and be calm. One look at the Facebook page and you can't help but feel we deserve to be where we are. 1 point out of 12 in League One and you have people posting about 'getting behind the boys' and 'great comeback' - they'd be saying exactly the same if we were in a League 2 relegation play-off. They'll pitch up; buy season tickets, and merchandise, regardless of what goes on on the pitch. To me, they are enablers. 

The board, including Deans and Holt, should have been hunted at the end of last season - they were saved the mutiny of the fans by virtue of none being in the stadium at the time. Can't imagine they'd have still been there had there been fans at Partick and Airdrie. I was wholly, wholly, unconvinced by Sheerin's appointment, and remain so. That result today papers over so many cracks. We will win next week, due to East Fife being gantin, rather than us being any great shakes. Nothing will change, and the cycle will continue. I just can't be arsed anymore.

1BB041C5-A0F5-4D69-88DC-5DF11DA8B465.gif.4a32c2473a28840d3a68831e74fdb3f3.gif

Easily one of the worst Falkirk TV interviews of all time. A proper disaster from start to finish from all involved. 

Other than the comment about not pushing forward, I didn’t see much wrong with the interview. Certainly agreed that we lacked a clinical finisher although that was also probably in part due to one up front.
I honestly thought he was a bit shell shocked after the abuse today and that he looked confused in the first couple of minutes of the interview. If he’s struggling with that I’d question how long he’ll be able to stick it.
Pretty sure he’s wondering just what he’s taken on....

Opinion on todays' game.

the fish and chips at the Bell Rock cafe in Arbroath on the way home were excellent. a slightly long wait for them but they are made fresh.

ps. can't fault the effort, injuries stopped Sheeran from making any meaningful tactical changes. In the end it felt like we stole a draw but for the couple of chances both teams missed the  a draw is probably a fair result. The bigger worry is that there are better teams in the league than us at this moment and I'd fear falling a fair but further behind Queens before X-mas

Edited by ChrispPancake

The knicker-wetters are out in full force tonight, I could fully understand this if we were well beaten over the last few games. Alloa apart we should have won the games against QP, Dumbarton and again today. I think what’s happened here is that in many fans eyes Sheerin has just turned to shit overnight and cannot do much right with him being stubborn, loyal to ‘his’ players or ridiculed. I agree to a point there have been some strange decisions but very little concessions given in respect of injuries, new players settling or now interviews being targeted by the very ones on here 6 weeks ago saying how refreshing it was to hear a manager give an open and honest opinion of a game win or lose. The fans seem to have turned their backs on him very quickly - the guy has only had 8 games in the league FFS and some of the abuse posted on here tonight is unwarranted and while I’m on the subject some of the actions from some fans today was extremely embarrassing. We need to make our minds up who is to blame here - is it the manager or DOF? The lines are blurred. 
As a support we are sometimes all sugar or all shite - there is no in between. All it takes sometimes is a wee bit of belief and as McDaid said in his interview this may be the result that kick starts our season - when was the last time we came back from 2 down and rescue a point from a game? That tells me the players have not chucked it like some of the fans on here! 
We are undoubtedly a fickle bunch at times. Win our next 4 games against East Fife home, Airdrie home, Peterhead and Clyde away  and we won’t be that far away from top of the league -it’s big ask given injuries etc but not impossible. 
The club has been riddled and in chaos with uncertainty since Houston departed. Who knows what this season will bring? It may well be we don’t win the league or go up in the play offs but IMO we cannot sack everyone when things don’t go as we expect, maybe the management team may need a wee bit longer and a  wee bit more encouragement. 

7 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

The knicker-wetters are out in full force tonight, I could fully understand this if we were well beaten over the last few games. Alloa apart we should have won the games against QP, Dumbarton and again today. I think what’s happened here is that in many fans eyes Sheerin has just turned to shit overnight and cannot do much right with him being stubborn, loyal to ‘his’ players or ridiculed. I agree to a point there have been some strange decisions but very little concessions given in respect of injuries, new players settling or now interviews being targeted by the very ones on here 6 weeks ago saying how refreshing it was to hear a manager give an open and honest opinion of a game win or lose. The fans seem to have turned their backs on him very quickly - the guy has only had 8 games in the league FFS and some of the abuse posted on here tonight is unwarranted and while I’m on the subject some of the actions from some fans today was extremely embarrassing. We need to make our minds up who is to blame here - is it the manager or DOF? The lines are blurred. 
As a support we are sometimes all sugar or all shite - there is no in between. All it takes sometimes is a wee bit of belief and as McDaid said in his interview this may be the result that kick starts our season - when was the last time we came back from 2 down and rescue a point from a game? That tells me the players have not chucked it like some of the fans on here! 
We are undoubtedly a fickle bunch at times. Win our next 4 games against East Fife home, Airdrie home, Peterhead and Clyde away  and we won’t be that far away from top of the league -it’s big ask given injuries etc but not impossible. 
The club has been riddled and in chaos with uncertainty since Houston departed. Who knows what this season will bring? It may well be we don’t win the league or go up in the play offs but IMO we cannot sack everyone when things don’t go as we expect, maybe the management team may need a wee bit longer and a  wee bit more encouragement. 

What a load of complete tosh.🤣🤣🤣 Are you Gary or Paul. We've  not won a game in 5 and been beaten by dross like alloa and Dumbarton. How shite do we really need to get before you wake up and see what's happening.  Have a good look at Sheerins interview after the match. The guy is so out his depth it's no real.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 minute ago, Hughsie said:

Absolutely baffling that the ‘fickle’ tag is getting leveled at our fans.

I am sorry but scraping a draw away to Montrose and not winning in five games is not acceptable. If that makes me fickle then so be it.

These folk are the reason we are in this mess. Putting up with any old shite that gets stuck on the park on a Saturday.  Poneying up there dough for season tickets every time Gary deans tells them it will be different this year. We'll never get anywhere aslong as fans are happy with this dross.

I think some of us need to calm down. Yes it’s a disgrace at how far we’ve fallen but if we take today’s game in isolation what more can Sheerin do? He’s set us up in a way that we’ve hit the bar twice, hit the post, missed a sitter from yards out with Ruth, potential penalty (or 2) and also scored two goals. He can’t go on the pitch and score for the players. IMO that’s the best we’ve played against Montrose since being in this league. We’ve certainly not created that many good chances against them in one match than we did yesterday.