The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

I've a feeling that last minute goal saved him.

1. Too slow.  Insisting on the passing game. Making Perry triangles is fine but but goes nowhere. The slowness allows the opposition to organise.

2. Forward passes go to a player with his back to goal and a defender up his back.  Should be passing into space, keeping the opposition moving.

3. Lack of mobility. A static player is easy to mark.  More movement into space needed.

4. Single 'Striker' does not work for us.  Sheerins comments that he wants to see goals come from all areas off the park, and the fact that our combined strike force have scored one league goal, indicates he wants to play a false 9. That's fine but, other than Nesbitt, there is no contribution from the midfield.  Out with Morrison, our top scorer is Dixon!

5. It was noticeable that we began to get into more attacking positions and came back from behind when Two went up top.  One up top is bread and butter for two centre halves.  Going one in one with them asks questions.

6. We were promised attacking football.  Two holding midfielders is not attacking football.  Krasniqi playing as the single holding midfielder is what we needs.  He can break up the play and do the simple pass.  With him sitting in front of the two centre backs, he drops in to form a three when we are defending and steps forward when attacking.  Like Fernandinho at Man City, not comparing Krasniqi to him but you get the idea.

7. The single, and capabke, holding midfielder allows Telfer to move further foward. Before the meltdown last seas on he was one if our most effective attacking options from deep.  It allows the full backs to become proper wing backs.  Krasniqi sitting allows Dixon and McKay to cover the full back areas when they drive forward.

8. Learn how to counter the deep lying opposing midfield and defence. If they are sitting deep, drop back into your own half and force them to come forward. Then go over the top into space behind. It's long ball football but it works when a team wants to play 10 behind the ball and let you pass yourselves to death.

9. Mutch. You can kick the ball long from hand.  A pass to your full back does retain possession but it allows the opposition to get back and reorganize.  Try a bit of variety.

10. STOP the constant back Passing. Yes, you retain possession but it goes nowhere.  Try gambling more with forward passes.  Yes you will lose possession more but possession does not win games.  Getting in the box breeds goals.  Drive forward, lose possession and then press to get it back further up the field.  Passing it across the back four is rubbish to watch and does not win games.

Bit of a rant but it's honestly getting boring to watch and each week of this makes the garden centre seem more appealing

You've gone into a lot more detail but was about to post that the most frustrating thing for me is that despite everything else that's going on, a few sensible tweaks to the starting line up and tactics and we'd have buried Montrose today.  

Yes he should have scored his first half chance but Ruth improves with every game for me.  His goal today was nothing more than bundling it over but will hopefully give him confidence.  His control is good and he was unlucky not to score right at the death.  Ruth and Keena should both start up top next week or again I'll be scratching my head. 

As others have said, Krasniqi over Hetherington should be another no brainer.  

Disappointed with McDaid so far, was hoping for more of an impact.  Hopefully this will come with games.  

I know he's been thrown in at the deep end and only 18 but Cammy Williamson was all over the shop today.  Lemon has looked far more assured but again is nowhere to be seen. 

I got pelters the other week for saying I thought we had the best starting XI in the league.  I still think we do but only if we play them and set them up to win games.   

1 hour ago, AGPar said:

I doubt there's a Falkirk fan alive who isn't aware that our club is rotten to its very core and needs completely gutted from the top down to ever come close to fulfilling its potential. 

I'm not on it but I believe there's a COYB Facebook page where they see no wrong and those who do see wrong are shouted down

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I just can't see how we are going to head in the right direction with sheerin at the helm . I agree that simply sacking him will make little difference but he's just way out his depth to be managing us.

Sacking the manager as you said solves nothing. If anything it just reinforces our reputation as a hire and fire outfit. 

New manager will want new players which means shifting the players we have compounding the problem.

Little wonder we dont attract quality.

Sheerins interview just sums up how badly we have fallen as a football club in recent years. We're 6th in the feckin 3rd division and yet he's chatting away like we're his old Arbroath side just come up from league 2 and finding our feet at this level.  A few weeks ago losing at alloa was unacceptable. We've not one since and yet you'd think everything was Rosey going by his interview.  Promotion is our one and only aim this season. Anything else is failure.  Sheerin doesn't appear bothered that we haven't won in 5 and are now 6th. It's enough to make you greet.

Listened to one part of his post match interview twice because I thought “nah he didn’t actually say or mean that” but it looks like he did.

He thought that we got our two goals by matching them up and forcing the game more than he would have liked, and he prefers it if we pass it around more and gain territory that way. That’s bizarre. He preferred us to play in the manner that brings no goals than play in the way that saw us score two late in the game.

It comes across as if he would have preferred playing in a manner that scores no goals. It’s almost back to the youth coaching thing where the results don’t matter. He has got me completely baffled as to what it is he is trying to achieve. He certainly doesn’t learn from mistakes, and will almost certainly revert to type next week. Seriously worrying. He just might have some of the answers sitting on the bench, and just stubbornly refuses to see what he is getting badly wrong.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

4 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Sacking the manager as you said solves nothing. If anything it just reinforces our reputation as a hire and fire outfit. 

New manager will want new players which means shifting the players we have compounding the problem.

Little wonder we dont attract quality.

I'm not for keeping him though as he's so out of his depth it's no real. Take a look at his post match interview. It's ludicrous. What I meant was we need to get rid of the bod and Holt too though plus the manager. A clear out from top to bottom. Sheerin has to go though or we're going nowhere.

Guest Ecosse83

Utter pish again this week! I got slated for suggesting 442 earlier in the week, now I think it’s a must going into the next. If we start 1 up top next week I’ll be fuming! 

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Sheerins interview just sums up how badly we have fallen as a football club in recent years. We're 6th in the feckin 3rd division and yet he's chatting away like we're his old Arbroath side just come up from league 2 and finding our feet at this level.  A few weeks ago losing at alloa was unacceptable. We've not one since and yet you'd think everything was Rosey going by his interview.  Promotion is our one and only aim this season. Anything else is failure.  Sheerin doesn't appear bothered that we haven't won in 5 and are now 6th. It's enough to make you greet.

With 10 minutes to go we were one goal from 2nd bottom and a six pointer with East Fife next week

Just now, Duncan Freemason said:

Listened to one part of his post match interview twice because I thought “nah he didn’t actually say or mean that” but it looks like he did.

He thought that we got our two goals by matching them up and forcing the game more than he would have liked, and he prefers it if we pass it around more and gain territory that way. That’s bizarre. He preferred us to play in the manner that brings no goals than play in the way that saw us score two inflate in the game.

It comes across as if he would have preferred playing in a manner that scores no goals. It’s almost back to the youth coaching thing where the results don’t matter. He has got me completely baffled as to what it is he is trying to achieve. He certainly doesn’t learn from mistakes, and will almost certainly revert to type next week. Seriously worrying. He just might have some of the answers sitting on the bench,neutron just stubbornly refuses to see what he is getting badly wrong.

He started mentioning a carrot at some point which says to me he's actually losing his grip on reality.

On 24/09/2021 at 14:37, Shadwell Dog said:

If Keena moves on with no replacement then we may as well give up the ghost this season.  He's by far the best striker we have even if he hasn't set the heather on fire.  He needs game time though and replacing him with that useless big lump Ruth as soon as he was signed was a crazy idea.  Even if we are looking at bringing in someone else I have zero confidence in him being any better than Keena given the Wilson and Ruth signings. We should've got the boy nouble in from livi before he went to Arbroath but Holt doesn't seem to have a contact anywhere worth its salt. Feckin shambles.

There's absolutely no chance you could've gotten him, at all. We only loan to part time clubs if it's a player that we see being with the club in the future. Falkirk would've needed to commit to paying his wage, allowing him to only train PT with yourselves and train with us on the other days. Even at that, I'm not sure Livi would've been happy at all with him going out to a lower level than Championship given he's going to come back in January and play for us. He went out to acclimatise himself to Scottish football and get used to the physicality. 

If Holt was going to get anyone, it'd have been Poplatnik or Reilly who we are going to release at the end of the season (similar to what we did with Tiffoney). You were apparently in prime position for Reilly but refused to pay his wages so we walked away from the deal. If anything I can see Jack Hamilton going out on loan in January but that's likely to Arbroath - Panayiotou is the only other one I can see going out if we sign another striker

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I reckon Holt is also telling the physio what to do to considering how many injuries we've had since he came on board. Incredible amount since the turn of the year.

The man is a utter cock and let's face it signing your own son is a sign he does not and has given a f**k about the club.I have never been so angry about how the club is being run since the George Fulston day and we all know how that went.

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

There's absolutely no chance you could've gotten him, at all. We only loan to part time clubs if it's a player that we see being with the club in the future. Falkirk would've needed to commit to paying his wage, allowing him to only train PT with yourselves and train with us on the other days. Even at that, I'm not sure Livi would've been happy at all with him going out to a lower level than Championship given he's going to come back in January and play for us. He went out to acclimatise himself to Scottish football and get used to the physicality. 

If Holt was going to get anyone, it'd have been Poplatnik or Reilly who we are going to release at the end of the season (similar to what we did with Tiffoney). You were apparently in prime position for Reilly but refused to pay his wages so we walked away from the deal. If anything I can see Jack Hamilton going out on loan in January but that's likely to Arbroath - Panayiotou is the only other one I can see going out if we sign another striker

I think we had  hoped that Martindale would've been an important contact in Holt's list that he could've called on but it's pretty obvious that ain't the case . I'd have no qualms with us having a player on loan training with us and livi. Christ big Crawford baptize never saw the rest of the team till a Saturday and was superb. If the boys good enough you do whatever is necessary to get them in. At the end of the day though if we can't pay more of his wages than bloomin Arbroath then we're never going to get a decent player in.

14 minutes ago, keithgy said:

I bloody hate football just now,1979 was my 1st Falkirk game and i have seen so many up's and so many downs but we just seem to be like a MInecraft decal in my grandson's bedroom

EAT

SLEEP 

REPEAT

We as Falkirk fans have to change the horrible cycle we are in.

When I started watching Falkirk, results like drawing with Montrose and losing to Dumbarton were seen as acceptable results.  Fast forward 40 odd years and our club appears to deem them acceptable again.  It's just been one big circle.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 hours ago, BudBairn said:

Sure its been mentioned before but how the Rawlins have essentially managed to get control of the club for the price of a house is completely beyond me. Even the Kenny Rodgers lookalike ( forget the guys name ) was prepared to pump in more. Whether he had the cash or not is another matter.

The Rawlins got control because we have 2 apathetic main shareholders in SA & MR who believe they can pass the buck to whoever to run their show -as long as it facilitates them  hanging around like a bad smell.  Lex was guilty of badgering deans into taking the role and he took some persuading . It’s unfair of SA & MR to expect a shadow board to do their dirty work without any real experience , or compensation . Rawlins is a smart guy but he is probably regrets getting involved in what is fast becoming Scottish footballs leading shit show!