The Falkirk FC Thread

Mackay makes Durnan look like van dyke FFS.  How is it possible to sign a defender worse than hall. Honestly. Krasniqui must be a horrendous trainer if hetherington and Ross get picked in front of him.  Hetherington whose main job is to look after the ball gives it away constantly. We need to play two up top yet he keeps sticking one man up top when none of our strikers are any use on their own . Shambles.

Great battling performance today coming back from 2 goals down. 
Yes we hit the woodwork 3 times

Yes we missed some golden chances

Yes we had selection problems due to injuries to key players a really poor goal

but…This was a performance that we would have not got over the last few seasons and to come back and nearly snatch it at the end was testimony to the efforts of the players and their desire to put things right and battle for their boss. 
This may be the kick start we need to show some togetherness as a club, after all we cannot keep sacking managers and rebuilding from scratch again. 
I’m still happy to give Sheerin more time. 
oh I forgot to add #COYB😂

1 hour ago, BudBairn said:

Sure its been mentioned before but how the Rawlins have essentially managed to get control of the club for the price of a house is completely beyond me. Even the Kenny Rodgers lookalike ( forget the guys name ) was prepared to pump in more. Whether he had the cash or not is another matter.

Do they actually have control though? How many shares do they have and what % is that? 

Just now, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Anyone who applauded that shite off the park needs to take a look at themselves. 

Only manager I wouldn't replace Sheerin with is Padraig Harrington 

Fair play to those who went but f**k me, boiz lost their nut at the leveller. I was stone faced watching it on the laptop.

2 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

Great battling performance today coming back from 2 goals down. 
Yes we hit the woodwork 3 times

Yes we missed some golden chances

Yes we had selection problems due to injuries to key players a really poor goal

but…This was a performance that we would have not got over the last few seasons and to come back and nearly snatch it at the end was testimony to the efforts of the players and their desire to put things right and battle for their boss. 
This may be the kick start we need to show some togetherness as a club, after all we cannot keep sacking managers and rebuilding from scratch again. 
I’m still happy to give Sheerin more time. 
oh I forgot to add #COYB😂

Prozac generation?

42 minutes ago, Russ said:

Bringing on Seb Ross instead of Krasniqi is a mental decision. 

Clearly an issue there. Could have a reasonable stab at what it might be but we'll probably never find out for sure. Appears to have plenty to offer but is never going to be given the opportunity to prove it - another Falkirk speciality through the years. Sad, especially when you consider what is being selected ahead of him, but nothing surprises you about this club any more. 

Sheerin is doing himself absolutely no favours with that and myriad other decisions. Alarm bells ringing loud and clear about his suitability and competence. One point from twelve would be a shocking return in the Championship. At this level...just completely unacceptable, and I'm not sure there's any coming back from that really. He'll stagger on to next week, but another disaster against East Fife coupled with the ensuing two-week international break would surely be the death knell for him. I'd shed no tears.

1 minute ago, AGPar said:

Clearly an issue there. Could have a reasonable stab at what it might be but we'll probably never find out for sure. Appears to have plenty to offer but is never going to be given the opportunity to prove it - another Falkirk speciality through the years. Sad, especially when you consider what is being selected ahead of him, but nothing surprises you about this club any more. 

Sheerin is doing himself absolutely no favours with that and myriad other decisions. Alarm bells ringing loud and clear about his suitability and competence. One point from twelve would be a shocking return in the Championship. At this level...just completely unacceptable, and I'm not sure there's any coming back from that really. He'll stagger on to next week, but another disaster against East Fife coupled with the ensuing two-week international break would surely be the death knell for him. I'd shed no tears.

Whilst I also feel like it would be deserved to empty him if it pans out like that, I’m genuinely not sure that it would be a productive move. We are a basket case, and run a ‘thorough’ recruitment process just months ago. Nothing different would happen this timE except maybe into 4th or 5th choice - f**k that!

Id be very interested to know whether our esteemed sporting director is sticking his nose into first team affairs tbh. Can’t help thinking he is one of the more pressing issues overall. 

To me Holt seems like a wholly unlikable guy, doesn’t seem to be getting any favours from his ‘contacts’ and I can’t help feeling he’s a cancer that needs removed. Having an SD in itself I don’t think is a terrible idea given the rebuilding we have to do and the fact that when we have cycled managers in the past the lack of any coherence between regimes made it harder to get going. But I think you’d do A lot better with a guy who is more respected. Not Alan Gow but maybe a guy who’s actually done it at managerial level, knows coaching, has contacts in the game etc.. 

5 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Whilst I also feel like it would be deserved to empty him if it pans out like that, I’m genuinely not sure that it would be a productive move. We are a basket case, and run a ‘thorough’ recruitment process just months ago. Nothing different would happen this timE except maybe into 4th or 5th choice - f**k that!

Id be very interested to know whether our esteemed sporting director is sticking his nose into first team affairs tbh. Can’t help thinking he is one of the more pressing issues overall. 

To me Holt seems like a wholly unlikable guy, doesn’t seem to be getting any favours from his ‘contacts’ and I can’t help feeling he’s a cancer that needs removed. Having an SD in itself I don’t think is a terrible idea given the rebuilding we have to do and the fact that when we have cycled managers in the past the lack of any coherence between regimes made it harder to get going. But I think you’d do A lot better with a guy who is more respected. Not Alan Gow but maybe a guy who’s actually done it at managerial level, knows coaching, has contacts in the game etc.. 

Totally agree but what you mean is he’s a total cock-end.

2 hours ago, Russ said:

So I’ll start off the else as every week Stevie Hetherington is absolutely fucking dugmeat. No idea why he’s still playing he’s incapable of passing the ball or influencing it in any way. 

Hetherington is a terrific player, as he proved for several years at Alloa, including the last four where he was a key player in our promotion and then three years in the Championship, when he was even more effective, with his offensive pressing, all action style and ability to play a bit too. 

Difficult for me to argue with how well he is doing at Falkirk as I haven't seen him play (apart from our 2-0 win, when he looked a bit subdued in a stricter holding role, although I thought he did OK that day). 

Sounds like the problem may be that  he's being shackled a bit by the formation of the team/his role. Although I'm certain he isn't nearly as bad as 'dugmeat'.

Edited by printer

I must be in the minority but we didn't play badly today, if we take our chances in the first half we go on to win that game comfortably.

Sheerin is however digging himself a hole by sticking by his favourites as oppose to putting the best team out on the park. Ruth should have buried the first half cut back and Nesbitt's was even worse at the very start of the second half. Williamson away off injured again is far from ideal and we should be looking at bringing a right back in on loan as Gary Miller's not the answer. The fact Sheerin has to choose between Hall or Mckay as a starter is criminal and partly the reason why we're in this mess just now. Sheerin must have got some stick from the fans as he looked seething at full time and from what I saw he never bothered to applaud any of the fans before marching off at the end.

1 minute ago, printer said:

Hetherington is a terrific player, as he proved for several years at Alloa, including the last four where he was a key player in our promotion and then three years in the Championship, when he was even more effective, with his offensive pressing, all action style and ability to play a bit too. 

Difficult for me to argue with how well he is doing at Falkirk as I haven't seen him play (apart from our 2-0 win, when he looked a bit subdued in a stricter holding role, although I thought he did OK that day). 

Sounds like part of the problem is that either he's being shackled a bit by the formation of the team/his role. Although I'm certain he isn't nearly as bad as 'dugmeat'.

Nah he’s utter pish. Just cause he stood out at an Alloa side that got sent packing to league 1 means absolutely f**k all I’m afraid.

1 minute ago, printer said:

Sounds like part of the problem is that either he's being shackled a bit by the formation of the team/his role. Although I'm certain he isn't nearly as bad as 'dugmeat'.

If he isn't getting caught on the ball for taking too long he's giving it away with a poor pass. Always gives 100% but he's technically not up to it.

Just now, FFC 1876 said:

If he isn't getting caught on the ball for taking too long he's giving it away with a poor pass. Always gives 100% but he's technically not up to it.

Yeh his passing in particular is fucking awful. Looks half hearted a lot of time, thinks he’s better than he is IMO.

38 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Do they actually have control though? How many shares do they have and what % is that? 

That's the whole point. They only have 26 percent of the shares but due to the fact that Deans and his minions hang on every word they say and will not veto anything they propose they may aswell have 51 percent. There needs to be checks and balances when it comes to our bod and there currently isn't. They do as they please and deans backs them up. We need other people on there that can prevent the club being run into the ground.

2 minutes ago, printer said:

Sounds like the problem may be that  he's being shackled a bit by the formation of the team/his role. Although I'm certain he isn't nearly as bad as 'dugmeat'.

I’m not disputing the fact that he was a good player for youse for the last few years but I’ve watched every minute he’s played so far this season and he’s been utterly horrendous. The fact that it’s a near consensus throughout our support that he’s been shite and needs punted so far away from the team is a pretty decent indicator that he has indeed been dugmeat. I get that he must’ve been a player you really liked and feel quite protective over him but if you manage to stand out as being shite in a team as bad as ours then that’s some going.

From what I’ve seen so far this season I struggle to see anything he’s actually good at or what he brings to the team. Like I said earlier his passing ability which is the very least you expect from a central midfielder is awful. Lost count of the amount of passes from 10 yards or less that he just gave right to a Montrose player. We were told to expect a hard working central midfielder that likes to get stuck in, again we’ve seen absolutely none of that. Except a stupid red card away to Airdrie.

The fact he’s keeping an infinitely better player on the bench probably isn’t helping either tbh.